News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CV (Off the Grid I): Roll of the Dice

Started by mikey, April 30, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

The BDS/Olimar chat, for reference
[11:54 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: @Olimar12345 that's not the part i found the most suspicious
[11:54 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: and beside
[11:54 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: that doesn't change my reasons for finding your jokes suspicious
[11:55 PM] Olimar12345: You finding my shitposts suspicious on a day start game only makes you look suspicious.
[11:56 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[11:56 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: nice omgus there
[11:56 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: "you finding me suspicious for being suspicious is suspicious"
[11:57 PM] Olimar12345: You left out the meat of my post which was regarding my nonsense posts
[11:57 PM] Olimar12345: Another thing a wolf would do
[11:58 PM] Olimar12345: Don't be dumb
[11:58 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: what
[11:58 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: pls explain
[11:58 PM] Olimar12345: Explain what
[11:58 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: Why you think I "left out the meat of my post"?
[11:58 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: I disagree.
[11:59 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: I was citing examples.
[11:59 PM] Olimar12345: I didn't say you were suspicious because you suspected me
[11:59 PM] Olimar12345: I said it would be suspicious of you to suspect me for my joke posts
[11:59 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: To be honest, your reaction to all of this is making me more certain of my suspicion.
[11:59 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: exactly
[11:59 PM] Olimar12345: Oh boy here we go
May 1, 2018
[12:00 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: My main point was that your jokes felt uneasy to me, or rather forced.
[12:00 AM] Olimar12345: Maybe because I was trying to get conversation started
[12:00 AM] Olimar12345: Another thing you fail to see apparently.
[12:01 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Well, that's a pretty bad way to get conversation started.
[12:01 AM] Olimar12345: Not on day 1
[12:01 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Yeah.
[12:01 AM] Olimar12345: Esp. With no night prior
[12:01 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Even on Day 1.
[12:01 AM] Olimar12345: Enlighten us then on how we should all know the wolves on day 1
[12:01 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Like I said, you also seem very jumpy right now.
[12:02 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: "Enlighten us then on how we should all know the wolves on day 1" I don't think that has anything to do with what I said.
[12:03 AM] Olimar12345: Well clearly posting frivolously isn't allowed, according to you
[12:03 AM] Olimar12345: Or is a wolfy thing to do apparently
[12:03 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: I never said that tho
[12:03 AM] Olimar12345: When every game starts like that(edited)
[12:04 AM] Olimar12345: I bet you're one of them.
[12:05 AM] Olimar12345: You're pushing this waaaay to hard rn to be human.
[12:05 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: I wasn't pushing it hard at all until you started deflecting toward me
[12:05 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: I just said "y'know, I kinda find Olimar a little suspicious"
[12:05 AM] Olimar12345: Well ofc I'm going to deflect toward you(edited)
[12:05 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: that's not a "OLIMAR MUST BE A WOLF" kind of thing
[12:06 AM] Olimar12345: It's low-hanging fruit for a wolf to try to rationalize the irrational
[12:06 AM] Olimar12345: i.e. suspect the joking posts(edited)
[12:06 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Most of the conversation between Toby and I was defending my own answer when he wondered if I was distancing with you.
[12:06 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: I disagree, actually.
[12:07 AM] Olimar12345: I didn't even get a chance to read the log tbh
[12:07 AM] Olimar12345: I just got back from splatoon playing
[12:07 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: smh olimar
[12:07 AM] Olimar12345: That's what you get when you ping me
[12:08 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: I think interpreting the content of joke posts (coughMikeycough) is a bit unreliable, but analyzing how they're presented is fine.
triggerfished1
[12:08 AM] Olimar12345: Never seen the brave little toaster, huh?
[12:09 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: When I was little, yeah, but not in a while.
[12:09 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Still not sure what that has to do with things, especially because I just mentioned that content is less important.
[12:09 AM] Olimar12345: Lol bds trying to analyze nonsense
[12:10 AM] Olimar12345:

[12:10 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: you know that's not what i'm trying to do
[12:11 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: and i'm pretty sure you're just going on a smear campaign because you know i'm on to you
[12:11 AM] Olimar12345: That gif was pretty good though amirite
[12:11 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: i guess
[12:12 AM] Olimar12345: Lol, you're "on to me" huh
[12:12 AM] Olimar12345: Let me ask you this then:
[12:12 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: yeparoni macaroni
[12:12 AM] Olimar12345: Are you a wolf?
[12:12 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: Nope!
[12:13 AM] Olimar12345: Case closed.
[12:13 AM] BlackDragonSlayer: :morton2:
[12:13 AM] Olimar12345: Except there are still three unfound wolves
[12:14 AM] Olimar12345: But on an actually serious note, we need to actually hear from more people.
[close]

The context is that BDS thought that Olimar was suspicious due to his "jokes". This is from a few hours earlier:

[9:39 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: Yeah. Kinda getting shaky vibes from Olimar overall, especially how... uh, uneasy, I guess... his jokes seem to be.

Toby

So here is a log with me and tras that was in the public game chat, I share some of my quick thoughts on the bds/olimar talk

Log
Toby - Yesterday at 6:55 PM
tru
(assuming you are all caught up on the chat) do you think anyone in particular is coming across as odd
Trasdegi "Trasdegi" - Yesterday at 6:57 PM
Bds and Olimar were arguing pretty strong
About pointless things and misunderstandings
But I don't really know how to read that, like it can be just everything
Toby - Yesterday at 6:59 PM
i dont think it is in bds' playstyle as a wolf to distance himself so much so early(edited)
so i dont think it is a wolf/wolf interaction(edited)
Trasdegi "Trasdegi" - Yesterday at 7:00 PM
And two wolves wouldn't argue so hard to the point we start pointing that out as suspicious
You're trying to get things going, and I read that as town
A wolf would have no reason to try to get people to talk and create matter to read on, except to earn himself human points, but he probably wouldn't put such dedication to it
And it seems to me you often do that as human
Toby - Yesterday at 7:06 PM
true i guess, but you havent seen me as a wolf so be wary :kissing_heart:
[close]

Tras and E.gadd have shared similar opinions on this. I understand why Tras' would be similar to mine, as though I think he actually already had the same opinion if you look at how close the timestamps are in my log. But I'm wondering if e. gadd is just piggy backing off of this opinion to seem like he has an opinion on it?

FireArrow

Sorry for not being too active, but I have been keeping up with the discord! Kudos to Toby for stirring the pot so we actually have something to work with. I'm going to be on a hw gind for the rest of the phase so gonna vomit everything I have right now.

the list
1. Greg

Sorry dude, I was actually looking forward to playing with you but it'd be pretty bad for me to let you slide for that reason. My suspicion here is the same reason for raeko in game 100, except instead of being one tiny syntax thing it's literally everything you say, particularily when Toby was grilling you:

Spoiler
QuoteToby - Yesterday at 7:08 PM
Greg what's your role
Greg - Yesterday at 7:10 PM
@Toby the only viable response here is human though?
Toby - Yesterday at 7:11 PM
And I'm close to already knowing your role Greg
Greg - Yesterday at 7:11 PM
interesting
uhh is it human
because that'd be pretty boring lmao
guessing you think it's more interesting than that?
[close]

Maybe it's because you're rusty, but you have little confidence in everything you say. Wolves will always be nervous when asked a question like this or when posting their thoughts in general. Thus far, everything you've said is either deflective, noncommital, quoting someone else, or ends in a question mark. You're also very present and active without actually contributing much.

2. Trasdegi

This is based on one thing, but I feel somewhat confident in it. Your human meta is very apathetic and uncertain, your wolf meta is being more cheerful and helpful without laying down any strong opinions. Right now you're firmly in the latter.

3. Olimar

I know you're agressive, abusive, and meme-o-licous as a human... but you were just being straight up mean. I'm reading this as either spite for being stuck in this game instead of hosting your own or a wolf that got poked a little to hard by BDS.

4. Toby
You're d1 mvp right now so I can't really hold you as a wolf, but I'm wary. I can't find the quote, but you said something lilke " but you don't know my wolf meta" in response to people thinking you're human and that comes across as a wolf at ease to me. It's almost like you were mocking us. Not suspicious, just wary :p

ALSO ALSO

Spoiler
QuoteToby - Yesterday at 11:19 AM
i just want to be wolf
whats a brutal wolf again?
if they die they kill someone?
[close]

First thing said in the discord. I asked the same question in the thread, so I'll shamelessly take my hippocrit title, but if we find out this game has a brutal wolf you're immediately at the top of my list.

5. BDS
People are thinking you're human because of that whole thing with Olimar. I don't think it really means much because when provoked, you're a stubborn arguing machine. What really tips me off that you're human is, iirc, you started it, which just seems like that absolutely last thing wolf BDS would do. Toby made a good point that in Hydrodoodle, you expressed distancing day one to be a terrible strategy, so I think we can rule out olimar + BDS.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Greg

So I think I'm actually gonna vote for ThatHiddenCharacter. Reason being these two things he said on discord:

[5:10 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: Just read the thread (and skimmed what I missed here), and I'd like to mention the fact that I was the first to voice my suspicion of Oli based on the BDS/Oli convo.
[5:11 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: And I gave my reasoning. That E. Gadd and Tras seemed to have possibly copied.

[5:35 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: @Toby What are your thoughts on me right now? I know you saw me as suspicious before and I want to see what you think now.

These really strike me as coming from someone who's overly concerned with whether they appear to be human or not. I'll admit that it's a point in his favor that he was the first to voice an opinion regarding BDS/Olimar, but it's certainly not that he thought it necessary to bring it up as a point in his favor (especially when there was only some mild suspicion on Toby's part directed his way at that point).

@FireArrow: I was initially under the impression that Toby was also joking (along the lines of Olimar) when he said the stuff in your log. As for my lack of confidence, it's pretty fair, but that's more down to me hating day starts than anything else, I think.

Toby

Already said this on discord, but I think thc might just be trying to better his human play, and that's what he is concerned with, how he can better improve discussion as a human player.

Although it's thc and it's a dramatic difference from his human play last game so I'm wary

Blue flower hi

blueflower999

Hey guys.

I don't see enough evidence to go on a Greg bandwagon at the moment. His reaction to Toby's jabbing seemed human enough. Toby attempting to stir the pot at the start is also pretty in character and human.

The only person who's being different than normal is Olimar, who I'll place a vote on now for no other reason than the stark contrast between his playing (or lackthereof) now and his extreme activity last game (when he was a human). This isn't really anything concrete but it's the best I've got at the moment.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 01, 2018, 06:50:31 PMToby made a good point that in Hydrodoodle, you expressed distancing day one to be a terrible strategy, so I think we can rule out olimar + BDS.
IIRC, I said that bussing Day 1 in a game with only two wolves was a terrible strategy. Which it is.

Also, leaning human on Greg at this point. I don't think he'd have that sort of opinion toward Olimar if he thought there was even a slight chance Olimar could be lynched today; it would just look bad for him.

either that or he could be trying to pick up after olimar's mess
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

The discord is really active, but I would like to encourage thread activity as well. Reading through the thread is much easier than scrolling through the discord and therefor makes it a lot easier to cross reference things and find the wolves. Discord is useful for reaction testing and stuff, but general discussion that you want everyone to read and respond to should go here first.

Quote@FireArrow: I was initially under the impression that Toby was also joking (along the lines of Olimar) when he said the stuff in your log. As for my lack of confidence, it's pretty fair, but that's more down to me hating day starts than anything else, I think.

Maybe I'm not used to your playstyle, but it's things like this that really rub me the wrong way. Is it because you hate day starts or not? It's like you're trying to avoid sticking to an answer so you can take it back it ends up coming across wolfy.

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 01, 2018, 08:21:54 PMolimooo stuf

He's been fairly active in the discord.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Just caught up with the thread. I've been discord-only until now.

@Blue this is what you get for not joining the discord chat. Your vote on me is extremely suspicious and bandwagon-y, because you know that I have been active there but choose not to peruse that before voting for me.

To anyone finding me suspicious for the conversation I had with BDS, don't be sheep. BDS is either playing a shit human game or wolf pushing me based on nothing. For those of you that don't know my human playstyle, literally look at the last game I played and reread the start of it:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9982.0

I posted all sorts of shit like this on the first phase (granted it was a night phase). Posting dumb frivolous jokes on the first phase is a thing that plenty of people do, and while you might not like it, it is hardly grounds for a lynch. I've already mentioned how Brainy made a dumb post here in the thread and no one is suspecting him. Reread more phase 1's from past games and you will see plenty of this.

Regarding the "forgetting of three wolves" thing, this goes back pregame where Mikey decided last minute to make it 3/8 rather than 2/9. I posted about this in the discord channel (general iirc) and said that it was a wolf-sided decision that I thought was dumb to do. I can post that log next time I'm on my pc if needed.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Greg on May 01, 2018, 07:21:55 PMSo I think I'm actually gonna vote for ThatHiddenCharacter. Reason being these two things he said on discord:

[5:10 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: Just read the thread (and skimmed what I missed here), and I'd like to mention the fact that I was the first to voice my suspicion of Oli based on the BDS/Oli convo.
[5:11 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: And I gave my reasoning. That E. Gadd and Tras seemed to have possibly copied.

[5:35 PM] ThatHiddenCharacter: @Toby What are your thoughts on me right now? I know you saw me as suspicious before and I want to see what you think now.

These really strike me as coming from someone who's overly concerned with whether they appear to be human or not. I'll admit that it's a point in his favor that he was the first to voice an opinion regarding BDS/Olimar, but it's certainly not that he thought it necessary to bring it up as a point in his favor (especially when there was only some mild suspicion on Toby's part directed his way at that point).

@FireArrow: I was initially under the impression that Toby was also joking (along the lines of Olimar) when he said the stuff in your log. As for my lack of confidence, it's pretty fair, but that's more down to me hating day starts than anything else, I think.

Is this the only reasoning you have for voting THC? If it is, It seems like a stretch especially given how the whole BDS and Olimar situation is going. Sure I'll give you points for not bandwagoning but I don't think you know THC's meta enough to vote for him straight away
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Greg

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 02, 2018, 07:14:00 AMIs this the only reasoning you have for voting THC? If it is, It seems like a stretch especially given how the whole BDS and Olimar situation is going. Sure I'll give you points for not bandwagoning but I don't think you know THC's meta enough to vote for him straight away

The fact is, I don't really know/remember anyone's meta well this game (except maybe for Toby, but I haven't played with him either in forever), but I still gotta vote for somebody and THC pinged my wolf radar pretty hard. (Feel free to enlighten me, though!)

Also not really sure what you mean by how the BDS/Olimar situation is going. At this point I seriously don't think Olimar's a wolf after even more people (blueflower, FA) came out against him in Discord and the thread, but BDS didn't come across as particularly wolfy to me either in that exchange. Seems to me that the best option here is to bring in discussion of a third option.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Greg on May 02, 2018, 07:42:18 AMSeems to me that the best option here is to bring in discussion of a third option.
I agree. Though THC is far from a good third option

BrainyLucario

Also here's the log that Toby wanted me to post here

pm with Olimar and me
Pearl - Yesterday at 7:28 PM
Hey i trust you over BDS btw
just gonna put that out there
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 9:44 PM
Uh okay
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Why is that
Pearl - Today at 7:32 AM
For one, you seem to be playing like you normally do. Despite this, people are seeming to call you out on playing differently.
Olimar12345 - Today at 8:02 AM
Not only do I already know that, but I have already said that.
What else.
Pearl - Today at 8:02 AM
Wait where did you say that?
I just have a general gut feeling that you're being attacked for no reason
Olimar12345 - Today at 8:03 AM
In discord and in thread.
Pearl - Today at 8:04 AM
Let me check NSM
Olimar12345 - Today at 8:06 AM
If you disagree with bds' suspicion of me, go post something substantial in the thread.
Pearl - Today at 8:21 AM
Well, it's more of a gut feeling, Oli. It's not much to go on. I'll let them know i'm siding with you though
[close]

Olimar12345

Wow you already posted it? There's like nothing to that log yet.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Never mind, I just saw the discord chat.