TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

If anyone's interested I graduated high school today. Woohoo. Do I still have to make two more posts to stay in the game?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Toby

mikey

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming

Setup
Nine people are trapped in an elevator... wait, I feel like I've heard this before.  Anyway, the elevator is stuck between floors and for some reason two of those nine people want to kill EVERYONE!  Fortunately for the innocents in the elevator, each one of them has a super-secret power that they're hiding from the rest.  With proper use of these powers, you may be able to discover who sabotaged the elevator and bring them to justice!

Notes:
There is no limit to the type of powers a player can have.
There will be no outside communication.  After all, you're in an elevator.  If you've got something to say, everyone can hear it.
There will be no third party roles.
The setup is designed in a way to severely punish massclaiming.  Be careful about claiming any roles, as it may end badly for you.  This also extends to claiming powers.
A minimum post count of 5 posts per cycle will be enacted this game.  Failure to do so will result in a warning.
Wolves have access to a pregame chat and nightchat but cannot communicate during the day.
Humans are allowed a single no lynch, that must be voted on by majority.
There are cardflips.
[close]

Players
1. Olimar12345 FireArrow  (Posts: 0)
2. BlackDragonSlayer  (Posts: 3)
3. ThatHiddenCharacter  (Posts: 0)
4. Greg  (Posts: 1)
5. BrainyLucario  (Posts: 3)
6. Trasdegi  (Posts: 3)
7. Toby Messenger  (Posts: 10)
8. Mastersuperfan  (Posts: 3)
9. davy  (Posts: 0)

Substitutes
1. FireArrow

Night 1
"Oh, man... Oh man oh man!  I'm not feeling so good..."
"Hey!  Snap out of it, we're gonna be fine!"
"Urgghh...  Must've been that bologna sandwich..."
"Wha!?  Hey, can you guys hurry up?  This guy just sank to the ground, he's not looking too hot!  ...Oh, no."
"What is it?"
"He... doesn't have a pulse..."
[close]

Toby died in the night!  He was the Messenger.  It is now Day 1.  Day 1 ends in 48 hours, at 11:00 PM MST/5:00 AM GMT.  The following Night phase will be shortened to reach a more accomodating time.

QuoteYou are the Messenger.  Why are you even here?  You were just supposed to send that invoice to Rhonda in HR.  Once each night, you can send a single Private Message to the host, who will forward it to the player of your choice.  The Private Message must fit criteria before it can be sent.
unmotivated

Greg

Toby :(

There goes the game's activity (just look at the post count lmao).

Can you reveal what the criteria for the message is, Mikey?

mikey

It was on a case by case basis.  For example, the messenger absolutely could not reveal their identity, but they could send game related info, as long as I deemed it not-too-effective
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 09:35:51 PMwaiting till 6am to see if i die

this is fun
He jinxed himself. o7

Quote from: Greg on May 21, 2018, 10:05:40 PMToby :(

There goes the game's activity (just look at the post count lmao).
I mean, the game's only just begun, and Toby was an outlier. If you're worried things are gonna sink, then pick up the pace yourself (I'm starting to sound a lil like Noc there).

also is this elevator going to be filled with dead bodies
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Highlighting this post in specific from Brainy:
Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 09:10:39 PMIf anyone's interested I graduated high school today. Woohoo. Do I still have to make two more posts to stay in the game?
i mean, if you do a little bit of reading you can clearly see that pretty much nobody has five posts yet

and if you read the game description it mentions five posts per phase cycle

why are you so worried about dying

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Checking in. Haven't had time to post anything yet, but I've been reading. I'm not surprised Toby was wolfed, he's a very good player that you really don't want playing against you. And he's also always getting conversation going in some way or another.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 09:10:39 PMIf anyone's interested I graduated high school today. Woohoo. Do I still have to make two more posts to stay in the game?
Congrats, Brainy. Also, dial back down to a 2, there's still more than 40 something hours left before phase end.

I'll post more once I have more to say.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

davy

There is not much to go on at this moment, so I'll just post a (sort of) suspicion list:

Human leans:
Trasdegi
MasterSuperFan

These players have been trying to explore human options and generally seem to try to help the human team.

Neutral leans:
BDS
THC

While these players haven't been inactive, they haven't posted anything that made me suspicious of them being wolves nor of being humans

Slight suspicion:
BrainyLucario
Greg

These players have been posting, but haven't really been posting content, which makes me slightly suspicious of them.

Inactive:
FireArrow
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FireArrow

Top 3 suspicions:
BDS, Brainy, Davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 21, 2018, 02:25:48 PMIn a more "vanilla" game, I'd say sniping is much more likely. Then again that might just be because I've been in more games where sniping is a thing.

In a much more abstract game, I'd say power stealing. :P

Second point is also very likely as well.
embrace it don't fight it

I originally human read this, then I realized from the few powers I've seen thus far, power stealing would be completely useless to the wolves and wouldn't at all stop mass claiming. Suggesting this means either you have a power useful to the wolves, or you're a wolf unaware of what kind of powers humans have.

Brainy (gratz on graduating) has been talking a lot about not game related things, which is a common behavior for wolves. I cought myself doing it a bit last game and bubbles tends to do it as well off the top of my head.

I just don't like davy's suspicion list. There's clearly not enough going on yet to make a full suspicion list, so instead of just posting his thoughts he goes through the motions of doing humany stuff when it's not necessary.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PMI originally human read this, then I realized from the few powers I've seen thus far, power stealing would be completely useless to the wolves and wouldn't at all stop mass claiming. Suggesting this means either you have a power useful to the wolves, or you're a wolf unaware of what kind of powers humans have.

I'm not sure what to make of this statement. It is kinda wierd to say power stealing would be completely useless based off of Toby's and your powers alone. For a moment, I thought you might be a wolf knowing some other wolf's power, but I realised that wolves don't have any private communication (right noct?), so that can't be it.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PMBrainy (gratz on graduating) has been talking a lot about not game related things, which is a common behavior for wolves. I cought myself doing it a bit last game and bubbles tends to do it as well off the top of my head.

Agreed.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PMI just don't like davy's suspicion list. There's clearly not enough going on yet to make a full suspicion list, so instead of just posting his thoughts he goes through the motions of doing humany stuff when it's not necessary.

Since when is there a minimum amount of things going on required to make a suspicion list? In my opinion, suspicion lists always help the humans regardless of how many things have been going on. Sure, I could just post my thoughts, but having a full list of all players gives more information. Also, I think this is quite the case of the kettle calling the pot back. You think I am suspicious for posting a suspicion list in a post where you post a top 3 list of suspicions.

I feel the need to point out that I'm writing this at 0:55, so any errors in this post can be attributed to that.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mastersuperfan

Quote from: davy on May 22, 2018, 03:55:57 PMI'm not sure what to make of this statement. It is kinda wierd to say power stealing would be completely useless based off of Toby's and your powers alone. For a moment, I thought you might be a wolf knowing some other wolf's power, but I realised that wolves don't have any private communication (right noct?), so that can't be it.

Quote from: mikey on May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PMWolves have access to a pregame chat and nightchat but cannot communicate during the day.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Greg

Thought somebody would have asked who got Toby's message by now tbh. Doesn't look like anything's gonna happen though, so I'll just say that I was the one who got it!

Here's the full message:
Quote from: mikey on May 21, 2018, 10:00:39 PMYou have been sent a message from another player!

QuoteWhatsupppido Greg . Y0u are r3c3iving this m3ssag3 from an0ther hum4n play3r!!! 2morro when day starts i want u 2 reveal 2 the topic you received a message from another player, BUT do not say anything that is in it, even when questioned about it!!! Just say it iz private!!! and you would not want 2 revealllll the inform-ation it contained to the wolfies. U shud also call on other players too reveal if they receiv3d another messag3.. Doing this will mean that I (and you) will be able to see if multiple players have this ability, and if so,,, then it is possible wolves also have this ability. If you are the only one, then hopefully you trust this is coming from a human player.

Now what I also would like you to do is to secretly reveal your ability to the topic so that I can learn more information about this game and also so I can learn more about you as a person and if I can trust you or not Whatever you do do NOT try and fake this if you are a human I may catch you out and you might be lynched ((((((!!!!

To do this, I would like you to possibley say "I wonder what abilities are in this game, I assume there are the usual vigilante, guardian and seer, maybe even something like a _______ (your role/ability)" If you are a vigilante, guardian or seer, I would like you to simply say: "I wonder what abilities are in this game, I assume there are the usual vigilante, guardian and seer." but if you are a vigilante, say "vig, guardian and seer", if you are guardian say "vigilante, guard and seer" and if you are a seer I want you to say "vig, guard, seer" (using all short versions and missing out 'and').

if you think your ability is so out of the ordinary that mentioning it this way would draw suspicion, then I would like you to mention a bunch of possible abilities that you think, for example say: "I wonder what abilities are in this game, I assume there are the usual vigilante, guardian and seer, maybe even something like ... a set of lovebird masons who can communicate through pm, or a lookout who can see people's abilities, or when I was on mafia universe there was a role of the day which was a ... (your role)" Idk be creative! But it would help me piece together the game if I can learn as many abilities as I can. Plus, if you're maybe going to be lynched, i can save you if I believe your claim!!!

if you have a role that has given you the result of a confirmed wolf I would like you to include the phrase 'this is balogna' in a post, and also say something such as (if a red seer result) "I think, bob, jim or Sally might be a wolf" (sally is capitalised because that is your read result). Or if you are a lookout "I think Bob, jim or sally would be likely to have wolfed arnold" (bob is capitalised because you saw him visit the wolfed target. Something along those lines with you only capitalising the name that is your result.

Now if I ever think I can trust you i will include the word "bologna" in a post which will reveal my identitiiii to you

goodluck

It's a shame we didn't get to put any of this into action. Oh well I guess! There's some ideas in there re: secret communication between players which somebody might be able to use.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 22, 2018, 04:33:44 AMChecking in. Haven't had time to post anything yet, but I've been reading. I'm not surprised Toby was wolfed, he's a very good player that you really don't want playing against you. And he's also always getting conversation going in some way or another.
Pretty generic statement, seems rather unnecessary to make.

QuoteCongrats, Brainy. Also, dial back down to a 2, there's still more than 40 something hours left before phase end.

I'll post more once I have more to say.
Pretty much just echoing exactly what I said above. Why did you feel this necessary to post at all, THC?

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PMI originally human read this, then I realized from the few powers I've seen thus far, power stealing would be completely useless to the wolves and wouldn't at all stop mass claiming. Suggesting this means either you have a power useful to the wolves, or you're a wolf unaware of what kind of powers humans have.
Pretty much what davy said. I don't know what's wrong with spitballing (which I'm 99% sure you already know I do a lot of), and besides, you do realize that if I were a wolf I'd already know what method the wolves have to counter massclaiming (at least, I'd hope I would)?

QuoteI just don't like davy's suspicion list. There's clearly not enough going on yet to make a full suspicion list, so instead of just posting his thoughts he goes through the motions of doing humany stuff when it's not necessary.
Honestly, this is weak and you should be ashamed of yourself. It's not like it's a super strong suspicion list, and it seems like, to some degree, it's already succeeded at generating a little bit of buzz. And, after all, didn't you just post your top suspicions? Overall, kind of just looks like you're looking for weak things to pick on and exaggerate.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PMPretty generic statement, seems rather unnecessary to make.
Pretty much just echoing exactly what I said above. Why did you feel this necessary to post at all, THC?
I wanted to post something so that people knew I was here and not inactive, but I also didn't want it to just be, "Hey guys, I'm here. Ok, bye." And I didn't really have anything else to say yet.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter