Game: Mario Kart 8
Console: Wii U
Title: Thwomp Ruins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Sebastian

Bloop

Nice work! Just a few things about the fingering:
m. 1: I don't think it's necessary to specify how you should play the first 4 notes: I think every player would start on the thumb.
Also, I'd recommend changing the last two fingers to 4 2 (instead of 3 1). That way, the hand is already in the right position for the sus4 chord after it.
m. 6: Again, I don't think a fingering is needed here. The pianist will probably do this by themselves.
m. 8: Because you specified the 4 before, it's not necessary to point it out in this bar too. Also, the 5 isn't that useful either, because the pianist will have to actively move their finger without need (and it feels cramped to me).
m. 9: I'd recommend adding a 3 on the first C# in the R.H. here (and maybe a 5 on the first A as a starting position), because this part is actually a bit harder to grasp.

Also, there's a slight rhythmic notation error in m. 17, and the slur in m. 35 isn't connected to the last E octave like in all other similar bars.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on June 10, 2018, 11:27:06 PMNice work! Just a few things about the fingering:
m. 1: I don't think it's necessary to specify how you should play the first 4 notes: I think every player would start on the thumb.
Also, I'd recommend changing the last two fingers to 4 2 (instead of 3 1). That way, the hand is already in the right position for the sus4 chord after it.
m. 6: Again, I don't think a fingering is needed here. The pianist will probably do this by themselves.
I agree with the first finger number being taken out, but I'll leave the others. Really, finger numbers are only recommendations that the arrangement creator gives for the performer to decide whether to use or not. I like covering all the bases (I've seen people use some pretty weird fingerings lol).
As for the 4 2 to 3 1, I think that'll work. I put 4 2 since I felt that was the easiest to play those notes, but your point for being ready for the Sus4 chord makes a lot of sense. I'll update those.

Quote from: Bloop on June 10, 2018, 11:27:06 PMm. 8: Because you specified the 4 before, it's not necessary to point it out in this bar too. Also, the 5 isn't that useful either, because the pianist will have to actively move their finger without need (and it feels cramped to me).
I reiterated the 4 there because I put a parenthesis 5 above it.

Concerning the 5, you got to think about certain variables when deciding on finger numbers: easiest/most natural feeling, hand sizes, and performer preferences. I know some people that would prefer a 5 over a 4. For some, it comes naturally (I was more inclined to do a 5 when test playing this sheet even though my hands are rather large), and for others it may be easier given their hand size (their hand may be small, etc.). On the other hand, the 4 may be easier or more attractive to some.

Quote from: Bloop on June 10, 2018, 11:27:06 PMm. 9: I'd recommend adding a 3 on the first C# in the R.H. here (and maybe a 5 on the first A as a starting position), because this part is actually a bit harder to grasp.
In all honesty, I forgot to put finger numbers in this measure lol. Indeed, it is a difficult measure. I'll go ahead and work on this one.

Quote from: Bloop on June 10, 2018, 11:27:06 PMAlso, there's a slight rhythmic notation error in m. 17, and the slur in m. 35 isn't connected to the last E octave like in all other similar bars.
I'll check these out.

Thanks for the feedback! Nice seeing you again, Bloop.

Sebastian

I've been encouraged to submit something else. ;)
Thanks for the feedback, Bloop!