So long, and thanks for all the fish

Started by Jamaha, June 06, 2018, 01:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

It was nearly ten years ago when G-Han, the founder of NinSheetMusic, wrote his fair farewell. In that farewell he entrusted this website to me, to continue what he had started. Now, ten years later, it is time for me to follow that example.

What I have learned recently, is that time is quite a limited resource. It is important to find the important things in life and focus on them. Unfortunately, NinSheetMusic no longer remains in that category for me, nor it has been in a while. For the best of the future of this website, it is better that someone for whom NSM is a focus to take the reins.

Thankfully, those people are not hard to find. Even in my absence, the site has kept going thanks to the talented and hardworking staff we have accrued during the years. Although the old guard is mostly gone, it has been a pleasure to see new faces join the crew along the way. As not to keep the suspense any longer, I can officially announce that Latios212 will replace me as the administrator of NinSheetMusic. Best of luck to him and the rest of the staff.

As for me? I'll probably still hang around, especially now that I can freely roam without any sort of responsibility.

See you around,
- Jamaha

MaestroUGC

The King is Dead.
Long Live the King.

Sad to see you go, but I wish you all the best Jamaha. Thank you for all you've done for NSM.

Congratulations Latios, I look forward to what you'll bring to NSM.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Jamaha,
Thank you so much for your dedication to this site and for the many hours of work you put in. I hope that your defense concerning your doctorate goes well and that all your future ambitions are plentiful! Hope to see you around often.

Also, congratulations to Lat! Hope your term as NSM Overlord is long and fruitful, bro. : D

E. Gadd Industries

Whoa... this is... this is almost unreal... I never thought I'd be around for some like this!

Latios, I know you'll do AMAZINGLY as site admin; you're a great leader as a whole! Never change :)

Jamaha, I never really talked to you, but then again, life's been busy, and it sounds as though you've been working on some hefty projects of your own. It's been an honor being an arranger in this era of NSM, and I thank you for sustaining the community. :)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Trasdegi

Le roi est mort, vive le roi !

Ambiant music:
[close]

Well, one page turns. But there are things that won't change: this community was, is and will be great, sheets were, are, and will be arranged, and it'll always be a pleasure to see you around. Hope you'll do well with you other projects!

Also, congrats, Lat!

P.-S.: Just noticed the topic title, and I think I still have the french version of this book lying somewhere...

Olimar12345

Thanks for taking a chance with me and ShadoKirby back in 2012.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Congrats Latios I know you'll do great!

Farewell Jamaha, nice reference btw
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

Thank you for your wonderful service and dedication to the cause that is NSM, Jamaha.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

I wish you well in all your future endeavors, Jamaha

Maelstrom

I'm having flashbacks to the update Don got when he left.

Latios212

Thank you Jamaha for all you've done these past ten years! I wish you the best of luck moving forward, and hope we can stay in contact :3

And thanks everyone! I won't let you down ;D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

I'm always happy to come back to NSM, check out updates, and see how everyone's been working hard since my last visit. I really appreciate what the staff does to keep NSM going. Thank you, Jamaha, for everything you've done. You'll do an incredible job going forward, Latios.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Brawler4Ever

Thanks for all of the effort you've put in keeping the site alive!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Dude

Oh God.

I'm finally #1 in years of my life spent here.

I thought it couldn't be done, but I was wrong.

Here's to another 12 years!

braix

Thanks Jamaha for everything you've done (including trusting that one cringy 15 year old to be a moderator lmao)
Good luck with everything, we're all rooting for your success!!

Also congrats on becoming Admin Lat, I believe in you! ( ノ^.^)ノ ♪♪♪
No pressure.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.