News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Lilycove City" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, June 11, 2018, 05:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Lilycove City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

I was actually working on this but the version from ORAS. Looks like you ran into the same problem I had with the Waltz for the Moon arrangement; it's so lush that this piano rendition almost sounds foreign with so many things missing.

Unrelated to the above, your arrangement hardly warrants the need for any use of the 8va, especially with how large the leaps offset the small sounding intervals surrounding their use.

Your arrangement could benefit from much more dynamic contrast, too. You're also missing the rit in 29-30, then again in 48.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Yeah, I did the best I could :P I find that a lot of gen 3 songs in particular cram a whole lot more into the track than it appears at surface level - here I kept preserving the melody and waltz-y left hand pattern a priority above the other supporting voices.

Which 8va are you referring to? M. 39-40, the one at the end, or both?

Yep you're right, I'll add in the dynamics and tempo changes in a little bit.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Latios212 on June 11, 2018, 06:03:02 PMWhich 8va are you referring to? M. 39-40, the one at the end, or both?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2018, 05:53:40 PMyour arrangement hardly warrants the need for any use of the 8va, especially with how large the leaps offset the small sounding intervals surrounding their use.

Both.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

I asked because I wasn't quite sure what you meant by the small sounding intervals. Anyway, in m. 39-40 I think the E#-F dyad flies uncomfortably high off the staff and would be more difficult to read with ledger lines, so I'd like to keep the 8va there. The end section I'd be fine reverting it back to normal.

Also, do you think the notes in m. 52 should be spelled differently? It looks pretty weird to me and I'm not sure how that would be best written.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Three ledger lines isn't very many... and with a diatonically ascending line, it arguably harder to read the octave jump down as an ascending second. The ledger lines aren't even a problem there; the scalular movement takes care of having to count ledger lines because you're always a whole or half step above the previous note.

The notes in m.52 are fine. The F# is diatonic (a note within the key), and the E# is the altered "chromatic" pitch.

Latios212

Huh, I could have sworn I responded to this, whoops sorry. I've removed those 8vas and added dynamic/tempo variation.

For m. 52, are you sure we're looking at the same thing? I was questioning the B#/Cn spelling.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Wrong measure. 52 should have C naturals and not B#'s. D#°7 is the chord there, and C natural is the double-lowered seventh.

Latios212

Gotcha, makes sense, thanks. The parallel sixths not being written as such threw me off.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I hear this for m9 RH:
Spoiler
[close]
Also in m11 and other places this appears.
Otherwise, this arrangement is excellent and I approve

Latios212

Ah, you're right, I did miss those G naturals. I think they should be written as grace notes, however. I've updated the files.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Discussed over Discord, and nothing else was found. I'll be accepting this one now.

Zeta