News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Update, Friday 15th of June 2018

Started by Olimar12345, June 15, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

While I would hate to follow one non-sheet update with another, it is time to announce that I will be officially stepping down as an NSM Updater.

When I first discovered NSM in the fall of 2006 it was like hitting the jackpot for a teenager with newly acquired access to a piano. However, like anyone who's come here, there's always something you're hoping to find an arrangement of that isn't here. For some this leads to the process of attempting to create it yourself. That optimistic feeling of "I'm going to try to make it myself" that follows is truly a blessing in disguise. Joining the forum community sometime in 2007, I began a long musical journey of experimentation, trial and error, practice and repetition, and communal discussion, which are foundations in the learning process, and are simply what make this place so great.

In November of 2012 I agreed to join the staff in making updates more frequently, since I was already helping out with updates at the time while also studying music theory, composition, and arranging in college. Since then I have had the great pleasure and fortune of getting to work with many wonderful people here in creating top-notch piano arrangements with the community. As great as it has been though, times are changing, and it's time for me to sit back and let the next generation of go-getters have at it.

I'll still be around the forums and discord as usual, though. I'll keep posting new works, performances, and sharing all sorts of music-related goodies that I either help create or find. I'll always be available for questions about arranging, transcribing, and music theory.

Moving forward, Latios has shown to be just the administrator this site has so desperately needed for all too long. I have no doubts in his abilities to keep things right on track. I hope this community never dies and am glad that I don't have to worry about that with this guy in charge.

Thanks for everything.

I'll see you around,
- Olimar12345
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

Big thanks for all the time and work you've been putting all these years into improving the quality of all those sheets!

Sebastian

Thank you so much for your work, Olimar. You've put arguably the most hours into this site and made it what it is today. You've also helped me come a long way as an arranger. I'll always miss those days on tinychat that we worked on sheets.

TheZeldaPianist275

*21-gun salute*

I congratulate you, good sir, on a task well performed.

E. Gadd Industries

Whoa... thanks, Olimar, for everything you've done for this community! Your contributions are plentiful and enduring, and your use of your talents to further the community in the ways you have are admirable. It's great to have you around still, and I can't wait to get rolling on that DnD campaign!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Times sure do change. It's been quite a run and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to put out many good updates with you over the past few years. I really appreciate you having been one of the main proponents for quality control, and the site is so much better off because of that. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into the site. I'll do my best to keep advancing the site in everyone's best interest!

Take care!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

You better still be around, who would I make Splatoon Arrangements with if you were gone. It was an honor serving under you, captain, nonetheless.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

LeviR.star

You've truly made an impact on this site. Thanks for everything, Olimar; the hundreds of on-site sheets, helping the first-timers by giving them a little push, and for just being a trooper all these years. I don't know how much the same this site would be today without you. Thank you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Man, first Jamaha & now you, Oli? I just hope this doesn't start any new trends around here.

Well anyway, thanks for all the work you've put into this site. I don't think it would have been quite the same without you. Hopefully you've still got some surprises left before you decide to leave us for good. :P

Zeila

Thank you for devoting so much time into the community! Your contributions certainly improved the quality of our arrangements (and ultimately helped some of us grow too)! I'm glad that you'll still be present, and I'll be looking forward to more of your arrangements :3

WaluigiTime64

aaaaaaah it won't be the saaaaaaame

Even if you're not going to be an updater by status, I'm glad to hear that you'll still be around to help out and answer questions. Your knowledge in music theory has really helped us all out already, and we'll still be sharing around that wisdom until the end of NSM (probably).
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Oronoco

I'm glad to see you'll be sticking around. Thank you for your service over the years, Olimar. You helped shape NSM into the awesome space I'm always happy to return to.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 15, 2018, 12:58:51 PMtimes are changing

Incredibles 2 came out, which is a worthy reason of resigning.

JDMEK5

To be honest, this caught me a little by surprise. I (like many others here I'm sure), looked to you as a mentor ever since you became an updater (and a little prior even actually). I've learned so much under your guidance, and you are easily within the top staff members that I have seen firsthand contribute the most to this site. I'm extremely glad you'll still be present in various ways; keep in contact! I'll be sure to hit you up again next time I wind up down south, and in return I hope you'll do the same should you ever wind up in the Great White North.

It's been a great honor serving with you, Captain.

Signing off~
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

It really is too bad staff can't have differing opinions, huh?

Tis a shame.