News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG CVII: True Love's Kiss (Postgame)

Started by FireArrow, June 17, 2018, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Sorry, the game ended right at the beginning of a busy weekend where I was away from home. Thank you guys for playing, it seemed like we had a fairly active and engaging handful of phases! I'm a bit dissapointed in how teamworky you guys were. It worked out in the end because of Brawler slipping up and claiming to Olimar, but by no means did humans need to win in alliances greater than two! If this game went on a bit longer, screwing over other lovers for your own gain may of been the best way to win yourself (this was true for greg, who didn't try any stunts!)

Role Reveal:
Spoiler
Brawler4Ever - Homewrecker - TWG DK
Maelstrom - Orange Lover - TWG Pit
mikey - Orange Lover - TWG Fox
antherhid - Orange Lover - TWG Yoshi
Olimar12345 - Green Lover - TWG Kirby
trasdegi - Green Lover - TWG Sonic
BrainyLucario - Green Lover - TWG Samus
BlackDragonSlayer - Blue Lover - TWG Mario
Greg - Blue Lover - TWG Link
Toby - Blue Lover - TWG Master Chief
[close]

Actions:
Spoiler
Night one (incomplete sorry):
TWG Samus - Flirt: TWG Master Cheif
TWG Pit - Flirt: TWG Master Cheif
TWG Mario - Flirt: TWG Samus
TWG Fox - Flirt: TWG Mario
TWG Kirby - Flirt: TWG Fox
TWG DK - Wolf: TWG Fox

Day 1:
No Lynch

Night 2:
TWG Olimar - Flirt: Trasdegi (Exception due to trasdegi messing up with alt account d1.)
TWG Fox - Wolf: TWG Samus
TWG Master Cheif - Flirt: TWG Kirby
TWG Mario - Flirt: TWG Master Cheif
TWG Yoshi - Flirt: TWG Fox
TWG Pit - Flirt: TWG Yoshi
TWG Samus - Flirt: TWG Kirby
TWG Sonic - Flirt: TWG Fox
TWG Link - Flirt: TWG Mario

Day 2:
TWG Samus (Brawler4Ever), the homewrecker, is lynched.
[close]

Player Analysis:
Brawler4Ever
You were the homewrecker, which was hard to play not only because it required so much micromanaging like changing your posting style every phase, but the role itself was just a bit underpowered and hard to win with. You did a very good job of going under the radar, somehow managing to survive mikey's deathtrap of an account without too many people noticin. You also had very good choices in wolfings, getting TWG Fox out of the way early while humans still weren't too intent of wolfing was a really good idea and threw people for a loop since they were expecting inactive DK to jump to another inactive. Samus was also a pretty good second target to jump to, which gave you enough information to know a lot of peoples colors while also being completely different from where people expected you to jump.

There were two major flaws and I'll get the big one out of the way firt. You tried to forge an alliance with TWG Kirby, which was really not a bad idea since you just hit brainy who appeared like he was Kirby's best shot at love. Unfortuntately, it was the worst move you could of possibly made since TWG Kirby and TWG Sonic were the only two married people at this point.

The next big mistake you made was over focusing on trying not to get caught. In a normal TWG game, yes, that should be your number one goal. This game was different, particularily night one. Your plan was to stay quiet and gather information from alliances already formed as you jumped around accounts, however this allowed humans to freely talk to eachother which ended up contributing to your demise. Night one you had next to nothing to lose, so you could of ran around trying to get as much information out of people as possible. Even if it didn't, just the psychological pressure of the homewrecker trying to get in on everyones buisness would of dampened lovers communcating a bit. And again really, you had nothing to lose those first few phases where no one was lynching anyways, so why not try and get yourself as much as an advantage as you can for such a difficult role.
[close]

Maelstrom
First off, you really need to stop the whole "I sit back then become more active later in the game when I have more to work with" strategy. In traditional TWG games where your only goal is to find the wolves, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it's still a bad idea. No one expects anyone to be able to accurately wolf hunt in the first few phases, but doing so is still important for gathering information and reactions, proving your humanity to others, and giving the wolves inactive humans to hide behind. Just imagine how lame the game would be if everyone played the game this way.

Not while I can see why you might be uncomfortable when you don't have much to work with, there was absolutely no reason to use that strategy this time around. This game was all about proactively trying to meet your wincon before it's too late, and you basically just ended up getting lucky by sitting back and letting olimar win for you. If there were 3 oranges alive or olimar didn't unite all the humans into one giant group, you probably would of ended the game in the same coffin as Greg.
[close]

mikey
You really went out of your way to make your account an autolose for the homewrecker, which honestly you did a pretty good job of. I can't pat you on the back too much for it because no one really noticed besides kirby, but I think that was mostly because you were only alive for one night phase and people didn't get a chance to pick up on your consistencies.

The big mistake you made was thinking that these traps would make you basically invinciple that early in the game. You didn't account for the fact that people are unlikely to want to vote the homewrecker day 1, and he can therefore use his first wolfing to get a troublesome lover out of the way. Toby caught on to this, and tried to find someone to guard him night one. You just kind of let yourself become the biggest n1 wolfing target in the game.

Kudos for hiding your identity from nearly everyone and protecting the game integrity.
[close]

antherhid
You started off the game really strong. Actively getting as much information as possible while still being cautious of the homewrecker. You were part of a little alliance, constantly applied pressure to the thread while keeping sights on your wincon. I was a bit dissapointed the you got a bit complacent later on trusting in Toby's "everyone wins!" d3 plan rather than finagling your way into a more reliable selfish win, but overall I think you played pretty well. Also, damn, you had most players nailed by the end of night one and for that I give you the Best Reads Award.
[close]

Olimar12345
I mean, what can I say, you succesfully played to both your wincon and everyone elses. Some of those rhymes were pretty gold, and you built yourself an account that no one would ever want to take over. You made the smart choice of going against Toby's advice to not marry until d3 since it personally gave you a higher chance of winning. Once you were married, your goal was to get the homewrecker lynched asap. Brawler handed that to you on a golden platter and you exectued well. It probably would of been a bit wiser to only PM a small group of people and instigate marriages yourself since PMing everyone ran the risk of people not wanting to lynch due to not figuring out eachothers colors/the odd human out trying to screw things over. The chance was small though, so you did fine. LOVER MVP

The only thing I think you made a mistake on was color claiming to so many people. In this case, it worked to your favor since it's what made Brawler claim to you, but if the game went on any longer he could of strongarmed his way through your marriage. Also posting in the arrangement board with TWG Kirby.
[close]

trasdegi
You didn't say much therefore there's not much to say here. You didn't really do much, got lucky and found olimar, then won the game through his shenangians. Similar to my advice to mael, you gotta be more proactive and less reactive! Also PMing olimar with your main.
[close]

BrainyLucarios
I enjoyed your sass, but you weren't really too active otherwise. You did a bit of snooping, which was good, but you died to early to really get anything going. You probably could of protected yourself by being a little more active, since that alone can make an account daunting to take over. Random attitude, despite being entertaining, is not difficult to recreate. Using a steven universe analogy was a pretty smooth and subtle way to give your identiy though.
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer
I do not know where those insults came from early game, but damn dude, you weren't afraid to throw down the salt shaker. You were active and distinct enough that the homewrecker couldn't just effortlessly take over your account, but you didn't really accomplish much either. You refused to trust anyone, which resulted in you relying on lucky firts to get anywhere. You got the lucky flirts, a lucky olimar, and a greg willing to sacrifice his win for you, so I guess it worked out in the end. I'd trying bringing more stuff to the table next time around instead of just working with what others brought forth. It would of been nice to see you more actively chasing your wincon.
[close]

Greg
Why you gotta be so passsssivvveeeee? It's better to lose because you took a risk than to lose because you didn't take a risk. I'm not gonna sin you too much for playing passively early in the game, since you seemed a bit confused by the rules, but when it came time for the three blues to figure out who doesn't get to win, you basically stoof up on a chair and said "I deserve the loss." It sounds matyr like, but really since this game didn't even have a human team in the first place, it's not much different than if you were the homewrecker and outed yourself to the thread because "the lovers deserve to win." You could have tried to snatch either Toby or BDS from under the nose of the other. Or claimed a different color to have someone waste a marriage on you, then delaying the lynch so you can have a purple marriage. There was a lot of toe crushing you could of at least attempted to get that win and it would of made the game a lot more interesting if you didn't give up!
[close]

Toby
Mikey used a lot of secret codes, which relied on humans being able to decipher them but not the homewrecker. You just used the sheer power of rambling and activity, and since most people here aren't as dedicated as you are, it was some hard shoes to fill. You played pretty solidly in a similar way to antherhid. You actively sought out your wincon without giving too much information out, created a small alliance, etc. I think your biggest downfall was shooting for that mvp and winning the game for everyone day 3. You probably could of gotten yourself married a lot earlier and had a more reliable win (assuming the olimar thing didn't happen), but you decided to risk getting wolfed or missing an oppurtunity to ensure everyone can win. For that I give you the Good Bloke Award, although I would of much rather watched a cuthrroat high school love triangle drama.
[close]

Thoughts on the game:
Spoiler
Pros:
-The game was engaging and encouraged activity right from night one.
-The mixed up rules were an overall fun and fresh expirience.
-The theme made for some funny moments and lines.

Cons:
-Not sure how to deal with PMs. One one hand, reading PMs gives the homewrecker creates this kind of lame thing where all private information eventually reaches him. Letting people delete PMs allowed people to create secret messages that basically garuntees the homewrecker loses.
-Since lynches is often not in everyones best interest, often times waiting is the only thing you can do, which leads to some boring downtime while waiting for those 48 hour phases to end.
-Jesus christ is it a pain to host. Just ask Toby or Mikey, who got to expirience me fail.
-People kept messing up with the anonymous accounts.
-There was no incentive to keep your NSM name hidden, which led to a lot of dumb stuff like Toby telling people to check post times, brainy and his lapis, and "ninmidimusic." If this game ever gets hosted again, I'd reccomend giving the homewrecker an aditional power to punish people for being too obvious with their NSM username. He could use a buff anyways and trying to create rules against it just leads to more gray areas and loopholes.
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Toby

oo very nice post game, good player analysis!!!

Here are my player name guesses I made day 1 (lol)

1. TWG Pit - maelstrom - idk mael too much but seemed mael
2. TWG Master Chief - toby - me
3. TWG Link - greg - it just seemed like greg
4. TWG Mario - brainy - for that saltiness and activeness
5. TWG Kirby - brawler - idk what brawler does
6. TWG DK - trasdegi - process of elim
7. TWG Yoshi - mikey - because active and pming people and mikey shenanigans
8. TWG Samus - olimar - because when i told him in pm i wasnt sure we could use nsm names in convo he kept doing so, and he used naughty words and called something dumb
9. TWG Sonic - bds - because of the () and :P 's . also was pretty quiet and bds is in mafia champs
10. TWG Fox - antherhid - because of the comment about 'games here...' seemed like he was new to forum

I GOT 3 RIGHT
surprised i got so many wrong lmao.

I don't agree with kirby and sonic marrying so early, but it just so happened to work out. The problem that the game couldn't be so cut throat is that the homewrecker had to be killed also for our win, which means us all agreeing to lynch him, which means working together from the lovers. That's why I proposed we wait till day 3, doing so means everyone alive can marry and win, and thus everyone will be happy to agree on the lynch. I had enough info to make the marriages, it was just finding the home wrecker which was the tough part.

also with mikey making codes and shit so that it could be revealed he was taken over, it was nice, though i didn't notice because i didnt give a shit who the homewrecker was until day 3 LOL. I did yell at people saying you're the homewrecker but that was just from initial posting being off and i guess people just have a change of attitude at times.

and yeah i ran the risk of getting wolfed but I found it unlikely to happen, and i seeked to get myself guarded when i think it would. but so did everyone run the risk, just me even less so due to my posting style i think. also i generally don't care for mvp and i spent most of this game waiting till day 3 so i certainly didnt think i would get it

also wtf so many people claimed their colour to me. i wasnt telling you guys shit about my colour but ok you can claim to me lol

so yeah i wouldnt want to marry any early than i did because i would just get outvoted trying to meet my win con (lynching homewrecker) by those who are not yet married. plus marrying early sets you up to become a widow, which is an awful position to be in and you can get outed as one really quick.

tbh all kirby did was what anyone would do. he married too early, homewrecker claimed to him, so all he did was convince others to join in his lynch. but fair play for being that slot. also those poems were so good homewrecker must have been pissing himself

i was thinking how if this game went to final 3 who the homewrecker would leave alive. surely maybe it would be the two toughest posters that he felt he couldn't copy??

i wanna hear brawlers thoughts on everything lol

Greg

You know, in hindsight I shouldn't have blindly trusted Toby when he said that only one of the people proposing needed to know the other's NSM username. Really should have gotten verification from FA.

I feel like once the giant group PM of all the lovers was created I lost sight of the fact that I wasn't actually allied with any of those people! Kind of a dumb rookie mistake but oh well, shit happens I guess. Gonna do my best not to make THAT mistake again.
Huge props to Olimar btw, those poems were consistently amazing.

Olimar12345

Great game and great hosting, FireArrow! I had a blast. Restricting my posts to poems/rhymes was just some silly thing I wanted to try. Unintentionally, it meant I had to convey my messages as briefly as possible, which made me carefully rethink how I would word things rather than just post whatever was on my mind. @Brawler, I felt bad once I got your message because since it was a manhunt, knowing you were the wold meant I could literally unite everyone privately. In a game with more wolves that would have worked much better for you, I think. GG all!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

antherid

ggs

my night 1 action was trying to protect brainy, which i did one night too soon, apparently

at some point i was on toby's train of just hanging out until day 3, because the math seemed to work out on it. the real thing i got lazy about was seeking out the other orange, but toby had said he found mael, and he still seemed like toby, so that was fine enough for me. you can tell my twg reflexes were in full swing too, trying to still math out a win for the most people rather than just myself in the last phase and finding out it didn't really matter anyway

it might be coincidence, but one of the colors i had down was that greg was blue because he didn't follow up contact after either mikey or brawler claimed not blue, so i really did have one of each color by then, only that my knowledge of that came from fox instead

mikey tried really hard to find me and i didn't recognize him :( was kind of awkward trying to talk around some consistencies you set up in PM, which i think is how some of them were continued relatively easily, and i didn't figure out it was you, so made it hard to tell you got wolfed

about the game: i wonder if this is one that can be played completely in the thread, or with something like quicktopics getting created between some people so the messages stay? i don't really have a good answer to the deletion issue other than just not having PMs at all, which isn't a very good one. the homewrecker gaining "all" information eventually was in part a problem we created for ourselves though; i think we could have been more careful to negate the huge upsides to taking some of us over. brawler being in a chat with me and toby was pretty huge since i shared my color while he was around.

hosting any game where everyone has an action is pretty brutal tbh, but people messing up with anon accounts is basically always gonna happen. i doubt most people are like me and just sign in on one device the whole time, but that's what i usually do to not flub it (i get NSM PMs to my email so i never had to switch, really). namekilling might be cool for the homewrecker, either having it work the same way as guessing someone's color right or letting them use it as a one-time extra assassination or something like that

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Toby on June 17, 2018, 03:39:19 PMoo very nice post game, good player analysis!!!

Here are my player name guesses I made day 1 (lol)

1. TWG Pit - maelstrom - idk mael too much but seemed mael
2. TWG Master Chief - toby - me
3. TWG Link - greg - it just seemed like greg
4. TWG Mario - brainy - for that saltiness and activeness
5. TWG Kirby - brawler - idk what brawler does
6. TWG DK - trasdegi - process of elim
7. TWG Yoshi - mikey - because active and pming people and mikey shenanigans
8. TWG Samus - olimar - because when i told him in pm i wasnt sure we could use nsm names in convo he kept doing so, and he used naughty words and called something dumb
9. TWG Sonic - bds - because of the () and :P 's . also was pretty quiet and bds is in mafia champs
10. TWG Fox - antherhid - because of the comment about 'games here...' seemed like he was new to forum

I GOT 3 RIGHT
surprised i got so many wrong lmao.
Why did you not get my Steven universe mention dude Ithought I was pretty clever with that

Brawler4Ever

That was a really fun game! I had a lot of fun being the Homewrecker, even though it was nerve-wracking. Night 1 I intentionally hid my identity with the idea of going after somebody with information the next phase. In hindsight, I agree that i should have been more proactive in getting information. However, part of me was concerned about hitting someone that was guarded. If somebody also flirted with me that phase, I would appear as red. So I was trying, to a small extent, to minimize that possibility. Like BDS suggested, I chose mikey to get his pictures out of the way. By the way, all of the pictures that I posted were of people from Bellevue, Washington. Mikey had previously sent a pm to Olimar with the letters W and B randomly ("I hope you know What this means By the way") or something. I had no idea what that meant, so I gave it a meaning. :)

I was certain that antherhid and Toby knew that I was the Homewrecker Day 1. For 3 days irl I was stuck with invisible text, random capital letters, and nonsense words and phrases. It was fun! I wasn't sure if their "surprise" was genuine or not, but when antherhid claimed my username to the thread, I had a good feeling that I had fooled them, and that worked slightly to my advantage, or so I thought at the time.

There were two things with the rules that I had slight issues with, those being the words "real" and "reveal." "Real" coming from the definition of flirting, which gives the player the the real username of the person behind the anonymous account. Like antherhid stated, I thought that that he was going to see the orginal user (mikey) rather than me. I think that "current" would be a better term for that description. This didn't really matter since I would have done everything the same anyway; I figure that antherhid wasting their flirt on me rather than potentially finding the other orange would have been preferable in this case, so I didn't care too much for it. Them knowing that I was Brawler4Ever wasn't as big a deal in my opinion.

The other thing that I had an issue with was "reveal." I didn't know to what extent we could share our username. I understand giving hints is fine, absolutely, but I guess that I just didn't account for exactly how specific we could be. For example, if somebody asked me my favorite game, I could reply with Super Smash Brothers. That's a pretty specific game that would likely tie them to me, but it's not me specifically. However, if I replied with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, that's me 100% (not because it actually is, but because that's my username). So I wasn't sure how exactly we could be with this information. I'll keep that in mind in the future that we can be more specific, or like FA said, have the Homewrecker be able to punish this somehow.

This came up twice in the game. The first was when antherhid asked me (thinking I was mikey) my thoughts on the afterlife. I gave some weird answer like "God has a Plan for all of us." If I knew that I could be more specific, I would have given a more specific answer. I know that mikey and I go to the same church, so I would have instead replied with something like "Well I'm ****** so yeah. Pretty standard belief as far as my church goes." My actual answer was intentionally generic as a result, and (in my opinion, quite humorously) confused the crap out of antherhid.

This really came into play when I was talking to Kirby. In my perspective, somehow Kirby got to marry a player while flirting with Fox and Samus. What? I didn't see how that made sense. To be fair, I did also guess that tras was Sonic, and Olimar saying "Woomy!" is kind of a dead giveaway, so I just got really unlucky there. But my actions came from the impression that Kirby was stuck with me that phase, at the very least. If he exposed me, he would lose because he wouldn't be able to marry in time (as I told him). So given my understanding of the game, I acted as best I could. I gave a great deal of thought before coming to that conclusion, but in the end I knew that I couldn't take the chance of Kirby exposing me. I realized that if Kirby exposed me, then he would also lose, so I tried to use that to my advantage. I got really unlucky that Olimar and tras found each other beforehand. The poem play worked beautifully in this case because I had no idea who you were, Olimar. xD

Of course, I never actually trusted Olimar. I would have never put him in a position that would allow him to have power over me. My plan at the time of my death was to wolfrush antherhid for two reasons: one, to eliminate the oranges from the game. And two, to create a backup for Kirby in case things went south. I DID want an ally, but I wanted that ally on my terms; I was well aware that Olimar was still my enemy. I decided to share with him the colors that I knew at the time (in my mind it didn't do much help to him since we chose the same targets both nights, as far as I saw). I also shared with him that mikey was Fox, which again was information that I considered of little value. I was trying to play a fool, in a sense, where I trust Kirby blindly. I was going to tell him during Night 3 that I was going to take over Master Chief since i knew his color, but then I would have actually gone after Link/Pit/Sonic/Mario, since they were still all a mystery to me. Probably Link, but I wanted to see what would happen that night phase.

I was also aware of how quiet day 2 was. There was a small part of me that guessed that there was some pm shenanigans (especially when BDS never replied), but I figured that Kirby wouldn't have betrayed me, but that obviously wasn't the case. :P

Overall, it was fun! ;D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: BrainyLucario on June 17, 2018, 09:52:44 PMWhy did you not get my Steven universe mention dude Ithought I was pretty clever with that

Funny thought: I also watch Steven Universe, so if anybody had tried to test me as Samus (pretending to be you) I was totally prepared to give a detailed answer.

Them: Who's your favorite character, and what's your favorite episode with them in it?
me: Lapis, of course! The episode where Jasper confronts her on the boat and Lapis has to face her. Such an intense episode!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 17, 2018, 09:58:32 PMFunny thought: I also watch Steven Universe, so if anybody had tried to test me as Samus (pretending to be you) I was totally prepared to give a detailed answer.

Them: Who's your favorite character, and what's your favorite episode with them in it?
me: Lapis, of course! The episode where Jasper confronts her on the boat and Lapis has to face her. Such an intense episode!
Dang, that's exactly what I would have said...

BlackDragonSlayer

erryone's posting paragraphs and i'm just like

it was definitely an interesting game

i'd like to see how it would go with more players n stuff
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

@Brawler
Apologies. This game had some complicated rules that could be interpreted multiple ways and my lack on succinct descriptions made things worse, namely for you. Also I can totally see why you'd assume Kirby was safe to claim to, given you knew who they flirted with and you just killed a green that he got in contanct with. Just really shitty luck there.

@antherhid@Toby
I was afraid keeping things just to the thread would kill any behind the scene action. To be honest, the whole d3 was probably a pretty good plan, I just had a selfish desire to watch back stabbing, relationship drama, and love triangles.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Brawler4Ever

It's all good! It was a combination of bad luck, my own lack of understanding due to inexperience with anonymous accounts, and a misplay or two that made me lose the game. I would definitely play this game again in the future if it came up!

antherid

Quote from: BrainyLucario on June 17, 2018, 09:45:43 PMWhy you try to protect me
couple reasons. i'd figured out who you were, i already knew some people's colors and didn't want to tie extra info to my account, and mikey had already claimed the same color as me in PM, so i didn't really need to flirt with anyone to find another orange - i'd just be doing it to learn his username
Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 17, 2018, 09:55:08 PMI was certain that antherhid and Toby knew that I was the Homewrecker Day 1. For 3 days irl I was stuck with invisible text, random capital letters, and nonsense words and phrases. It was fun! I wasn't sure if their "surprise" was genuine or not, but when antherhid claimed my username to the thread, I had a good feeling that I had fooled them, and that worked slightly to my advantage, or so I thought at the time.

There were two things with the rules that I had slight issues with, those being the words "real" and "reveal." "Real" coming from the definition of flirting, which gives the player the the real username of the person behind the anonymous account. Like antherhid stated, I thought that that he was going to see the orginal user (mikey) rather than me. I think that "current" would be a better term for that description. This didn't really matter since I would have done everything the same anyway; I figure that antherhid wasting their flirt on me rather than potentially finding the other orange would have been preferable in this case, so I didn't care too much for it. Them knowing that I was Brawler4Ever wasn't as big a deal in my opinion.

The other thing that I had an issue with was "reveal." [...] This came up twice in the game. The first was when antherhid asked me (thinking I was mikey) my thoughts on the afterlife. I gave some weird answer like "God has a Plan for all of us." If I knew that I could be more specific, I would have given a more specific answer. I know that mikey and I go to the same church, so I would have instead replied with something like "Well I'm ****** so yeah. Pretty standard belief as far as my church goes." My actual answer was intentionally generic as a result, and (in my opinion, quite humorously) confused the crap out of antherhid.

[...] My plan at the time of my death was to wolfrush antherhid for two reasons: one, to eliminate the oranges from the game. And two, to create a backup for Kirby in case things went south. [...]

I was also aware of how quiet day 2 was. There was a small part of me that guessed that there was some pm shenanigans (especially when BDS never replied), but I figured that Kirby wouldn't have betrayed me, but that obviously wasn't the case. :P

Overall, it was fun! ;D
i thought i knew who you were, i just had no(t much) basis to think you were different from night 1, so that was pretty surprising to see fox flip

aw, ouch, so you didn't actually know i would get your name off a flirt. i guess it didn't matter too much because you'd be taking on another persona anyway, so all you'd have to cover up was being identified as...well, yourself instead.

the afterlife question i asked was too obscure - i was probing for greg, who had made the Life After Death setup which is posted in a couple places. you were my second guess for who fox was, and i didn't think either of you would be able to recognize me (greg's played with me on LLF but i had a different username), which was why the mutual flirt plan was attractive to me. personally identifying questions have ruined another alt game i played though, so that's why i was thinking about adding namekilling to this

also, lol, called that you'd jump to someone not in line with the plan you were telling kirby. i was getting around to a sentiment in PM that there was no reason for you to do what you were saying you would to olimar, so we just moved to end the game. one thing i'd be genuinely confused about there is, does wolfing me make mael purple right away? because he could only marry someone that was taken over, so they're not really a lover anymore. would be a question to ask if the game was continuing

i had fun making the posts i did on day 2 keeping up the oblivious act :P i thought about PMing you too, playing up that i couldn't "believe" you had no homewrecker leads

mikey

could have won day 1 if someone had noticed

I was really banking on Ind recognizing that I was referencing Xiz' Capitalism game with the Acquisitioner way back when, which is the most recent game I've played with this kind of ability.  Anyone else probably would have looked back and found Liggy's "Masquerade" game.  But you didn't know it was me!!  I thought the three of us knew who each other were lol but apparently toby didn't even know you were you.
unmotivated