Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy X
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Battle Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: AwesomeYears

AwesomeYears

How the bloody hell has no-one arranged this yet? The only one I could find on the internet was in the wrong key!
Btw, I know they remade the song in the Final Fantasy X Remake, but I've used this version as the source material.

General thoughts and concerns:
  • Remove the Pno. in the MUS file please, I dreaded reinstalling Finale Notepad 2012 for this exact reason.
  • Also just realised that Finale annihilated the bar numbers when exporting from Musescore to Finale, thanks a bunch.
  • Bar 25 has what is essentially an Eb chord but written in D# because I thought it would look too funky in Eb with the C# line going on, though I wrote it in Eb at bar 39 when I dropped the Synth lines from the right hand. Should I change the bar 25 to Eb chord notes?
  • Bar 51 has a French Horn playing an octave lower from the trumpet's line it's imitating, but I wrote it in the same octave for wrist's sake. Thoughts?
  • In Bar 61 to 68, I made the left hand play full "1 3 5 8" chords, which I think isn't exactly existent in the song. I think it gives the piece more harmony, accuracy over activity?

AwesomeYears

Sorta bump and I've made a tiny edit to the first 4 bars of the left hand to make the ending notes shorter. That's all.

Oh yeah, and I've made these videos if you want to hear a mashup of the piano music and the OST.

BASS ONLY

TREBLE ONLY

It's a bit easier comparing the bass hand than the treble hand but still this makes it easier to compare the notes.  I've basically used Ableton to change the EQ Three of the OST to GainLow only for the bass only & GainMid + GainHi for the treble only. Have a listen and see if you agree with them notes.

Latios212

Sorry for a bit of a wait - plan on addressing the concerns and checking notes you mentioned above soon. We can also help iron it out in Finale.

Just popping in to say to fix the 3+3+2 rhythms in the 4/4 section - split the middle note to show where the beat lies. If you need me to elaborate on that, please to ask.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

I think I fixed it (at least in bars 45 to 52), I wasn't sure if you wanted to split the rhythms in bar 13 to bar 22 because I'm not sure how that'd work with staccatos. It's been a month since I last updated, so I have a little mind blank in my head currently of what I've exactly fixed.

Brassman388

So here goes nothing.

The biggest problem I saw that caught my attention immediately was the intro.

Spoiler
[close]

I doubled all the note durations of your first four bars.

This is only because of all the articulations and the mixed meter of 6/8 to 3/4. It just didn't communicate visually like that to me in your version of the sheet. The rest looks fine, but I'll give you more once you fix the intro.

Also, the left margins are all askew. Best fix that.

AwesomeYears

Changes are done and dusted. Now for you to put more dust on this score so I can clean it some more.

The Deku Trombonist

I just had a quick look at the intro and I came up with some food for thought:

Spoiler
[close]

Even though it's a tad on the boring side (please, do spice it up), what my little example has going for it is melodic and harmonic clarity. Immediately you know exactly what the melody is and what the harmony is. And I don't just visually, aurally as well. The problem with the way you have it at the moment is that these two roles are obscured and it can sound a little like aural soup.

And yes I'd personally write the opening time signature as 3/4. To me it just feels more like syncopation in 3/4 rather than the alternatives which are syncopation in 6/8 or mixed meter. Apart from anything else, it solves your tempo marking problem.

Libera

Libera

Moving this to the archive for now.  Resubmit whenever is convenient for you.