News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CVIII: Dude-Man and the Masters of NinSheetMusic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, June 30, 2018, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 02, 2018, 07:13:47 PMWhoa guys, what's with the hasty voting? Phase just started, let's give people some time to breathe before we start dropping blame bombs on everyone.

I'm not saying you guys don't have good points, but no need to start off with a vote instead of just confronting the person about it to get their side first before voting.

Voting shows I'm for real

Olimar12345

Obvious joke vote [retracted] lol

Quote from: mikey on July 02, 2018, 07:06:52 PMI'm not sure why olimar's first thought was a no-kill instead of a guarding, unless he knows more than he should.

Because sadly I play more games that both don't contain guardians and have inactive players, and that just came to mind first  :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

antherid

does everyone do the "lowercase text is a joke" thing here or is that a pattern i only think exists

if so i'll fit in just fine, all my posts are jokes

mikey

Quote from: Toby on July 02, 2018, 08:01:18 PMI don't get why if I was joking or not matters lol
if you're being serious then I should take you seriously
and question why you think pr hunting is an outrageous thing to cross one's mind
unmotivated

Toby

I think it's weird to cross a humans mind

And especially be one of your initial things to do in the game

So yes I'm serious

Idk why you're being so standoffish about just getting into this and instead wanting to make sure you have all the info first (I.e how serious am I). You're being too careful about how to deal with this confrontation and that makes me uncomfortable right now

Toby

Also if seer gets a red result at any point it would be a good idea to come out. Guardian can keep you safe. It does mean no more seer results unless said wolf was roleblocker but definitely worth the risk.

mikey

let's not dance around this ok

you're toby.  you ask questions like this that are specifically worded in a way to make someone look bad.

this kind of thing happens basically every other game (remember when I was in Ephraim all day without my phone and you didn't believe it?) and it's more stressful than it needs to be.  I don't think you realize just how much pressure you exert, just ask anyone

so yes I need to know if you're serious, because if you're going to ask a catch-22 where the correct answer is "humans should be PR hunting, just not publicly" (and we can talk about it after the game if you want), and none of the typical answers "because I'm a wolf" or "it was just a joke haha please don't get on my grill" do anything other than make me suspicious then I'm not going to take it well

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe it was a joke, but I'm starting to think you're exactly the wolf shaman
Quote from: Toby on June 30, 2018, 08:28:11 PMLol will I ever roll wolf
"please seer me"
toby
unmotivated

Toby

You didn't even give your own personal answer to that but instead provided what you think to be the universally 'correct answer'. So you're still sort of dodging

If you feel uncomfortable answering honestly, that's probably because you're struggling to construct something genuine, which is something I never see you having problems with as a human. You're usually very quick to respond and don't think on it

You feeling so pressurised right now feels out of character for you

You providing 3 possible answers to my questions just tells me how much you're thinking about the situation and it's making me very off on your position. It was a simple question which should take a simple not so thought out response, which I've yet to receive genuinely

I won't hold your vote on me against you because I realise you omgus regardless of alignment

Toby

Also just because I reaction test you doesn't mean I'm suspicious of you

I don't think I was even suspicious of you that game you're referring to.

mikey

It's an impossible question to answer.  I think that's what you don't realise. "Why did pr hunting cross your mind? "  "because I was thinking about pr hunting" like c'mon
unmotivated

mikey

I thought you might be a wolf because of your post so umm in this situation where I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from with that question and frankly I don't like what I see
unmotivated

Nana1Popo2

Well, GUESS who forgot this started tonight and got distracted elsewhere...

Tbh, I suspected Olimar almost immediately because he asked about card flipping. lolol. Figured a wolf might really care about the way he talks if he knew card flipping was going to occur after a death.
Or he may just be a seasoned vet and it wasn't covered in the OG post.
Or both.

Secondly, and not coincidentally, I very often find myself playing from the back line in these games; I need to find alternative play styles to transition between. I've played very very many werewolf/mafia-esque games, however this is the first I've done within a forum thread. Going to be interesting, but all this banter seems to be either 1) a good distraction from the real villains lurking in the shadows or 2) an attempt to build a sort of trust through over exaggeration and explanations.
My suspicion is leaning towards the first option.

For now..
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Toby

Quote from: mikey on July 02, 2018, 10:21:31 PMIt's an impossible question to answer.  I think that's what you don't realise. "Why did pr hunting cross your mind? "  "because I was thinking about pr hunting" like c'mon

It's not impossible to answer.

I think your answer is that it was just a thought that came up, but why? As a strategy to aid humans? You were thinking of something to joke about?

It's not hard to just say what you were feeling at the given moment, but it is hard to fake it

Toby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 03, 2018, 01:11:47 AMWell, GUESS who forgot this started tonight and got distracted elsewhere...

Tbh, I suspected Olimar almost immediately because he asked about card flipping. lolol. Figured a wolf might really care about the way he talks if he knew card flipping was going to occur after a death.
Or he may just be a seasoned vet and it wasn't covered in the OG post.
Or both

Tbh, I think wolves tend to ask questions on topics they genuinely are interested in through pm, as to not give away any easy info into what their interests are. They may however ask questions just to seem interested in getting to know the setup and to seem like they are being helpful

Toby

I'm finding thc to be playing quite passively and not digging into anything, also getting a hint of posting to just post from him

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 02, 2018, 07:13:47 PMWhoa guys, what's with the hasty voting? Phase just started, let's give people some time to breathe before we start dropping blame bombs on everyone.

I'm not saying you guys don't have good points, but no need to start off with a vote instead of just confronting the person about it to get their side first before voting.

I don't like how THC comes across here. 'I'm not saying you guys don't have good points' he is looking to take a neutral standpoint rather than making reference to any given points and commenting on them or just giving his opinion on any single person.

Also when asked by mikey "okay, what's your side?" He responds with this:

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 02, 2018, 07:15:57 PMI think Olimar and Toby are being a bit rash with voting which ironically makes me think neither of them are wolves because any wolf worth their salt would know such a hasty way would be instant suspicion on them.

Maybe a complete misunderstanding of the question, or still looking to dance around the subject, because he doesn't give his opinion on Toby v mikey - which I think was mikey's intention with his question.

So I also don't like why mikey didn't follow up by asking for more, but instead asked for suspicions outside of olimar and myself