oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG CVIII: Dude-Man and the Masters of NinSheetMusic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, June 30, 2018, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

also i think i like olimar

because i dont think he's dumb

but i do think he forgot about there being 2 wolves for a moment. and i see that coming from a human more than a wolf.

although i dont recall him ever making early votes or joke votes. but maybe memory is bad

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

antherid

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 03, 2018, 01:11:47 AMSecondly, and not coincidentally, I very often find myself playing from the back line in these games; I need to find alternative play styles to transition between. I've played very very many werewolf/mafia-esque games, however this is the first I've done within a forum thread. Going to be interesting, but all this banter seems to be either 1) a good distraction from the real villains lurking in the shadows or 2) an attempt to build a sort of trust through over exaggeration and explanations.
My suspicion is leaning towards the first option.

For now..
interesting second option - who would you say is attempting to build trust / who are they trying to get to trust them?

do you think wolves are lurkers in general? do you think they're lurking right now?
Quote from: Toby on July 03, 2018, 05:15:55 AMTbh, I think wolves tend to ask questions on topics they genuinely are interested in through pm, as to not give away any easy info into what their interests are. They may however ask questions just to seem interested in getting to know the setup and to seem like they are being helpful
i think you and i both know olimar would totally ask in thread, although i don't think asking about cardflipping is wolfy in this game where it also helps things like mathing color outcomes for the human seer

and i'm willing to accept olimar's vote as an obvious joke vote like he says

mikey

I think olimar is human because he forgot there was a guardian
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

Toby

Quote from: antherid on July 03, 2018, 09:35:00 AMinteresting second option - who would you say is attempting to build trust / who are they trying to get to trust them?

do you think wolves are lurkers in general? do you think they're lurking right now?i think you and i both know olimar would totally ask in thread, although i don't think asking about cardflipping is wolfy in this game where it also helps things like mathing color outcomes for the human seer

and i'm willing to accept olimar's vote as an obvious joke vote like he says

Yeah olimar would ask in topic, which relates to what I was saying about wolves maybe asking just so they can seem interested in setup/ helpful

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: antherid on July 03, 2018, 09:35:00 AMinteresting second option - who would you say is attempting to build trust / who are they trying to get to trust them?

do you think wolves are lurkers in general? do you think they're lurking right now?

I think, although Olimar is a vet, that he is one wolf, because without hesitation he voted for THC based on a humorous reason. Perhaps, to ignite conflict and conversation, which completely backfired. Or.... "backfired," and drew attention from him elsewhere.
Similarly, because Toby backed him up, he is the second wolf, by bringing up a pretty reasonable explanation for Oli's actions.

ALTHOUGH, what THC said about the pair is also fair point. And it brings me back to the wolves lurking in the shadows. (Going in circles? Sorry...)

I haven't played any TWG on here before, so I don't know how everyone play styles are. It could be possible they are lurking... Because the over exaggeration and accusations are happening right now between Toby and mikey; perhaps in an effort to establish dominance and trust. The lurkers are the ones who haven't posted much or are sprinkling in tidbits every so often.

Idk, quite interesting this is. I won't know much of what to think until there has been a death, I suppose. The first night, or first few minutes (in the games I play), are the worst because nothing has happened...  :-X

For now, and for lack of putting way too much thought into this, my first "vote" would probably be to Toby/mikey, followed by Olimar. But I'm not going to lock that in just yet.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

mikey

Lack of a night kill is also pretty telling. It means the guardian found a human.
unmotivated

antherid

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 03, 2018, 10:54:17 AMFor now, and for lack of putting way too much thought into this, my first "vote" would probably be to Toby/mikey, followed by Olimar. But I'm not going to lock that in just yet.
hmm

so i thought your dominating theory was that wolves were lurking, but you would rather vote one of toby/mikey first?

do the games you play require a majority of the players voting someone to lynch?

mikey says you're a wolf but he doesn't want to say that in topic where you can see it for some reason

Toby

Quote from: antherid on July 03, 2018, 01:20:06 PMmikey says you're a wolf but he doesn't want to say that in topic where you can see it for some reason

Wtf don't be pussy

mikey

unmotivated

Nana1Popo2

I've played One Night: Ultimate Werewolf countless times. (and all of the expansions)
Everything is decided over the course of one night, where we have roughly 5-6 minutes to talk things out. Everyone votes. Very fun.
But that one involves facial reactions, tone of voice/inflection, etc.

This is entirely different and I have to rethink scenarios and whatnot.

I can confirm with you that I am not a wolf (interested to see how y'all respond to this...), because I'm honestly not smart enough to pull off that off just yet, haha. I don't blame you if you deny it. This is new territory for me (despite my experience in similar situations) and I am enjoying it.

Quote from: antherid on July 03, 2018, 01:20:06 PMso i thought your dominating theory was that wolves were lurking, but you would rather vote one of toby/mikey first?
Yes, that's correct. I think they could be lurking, but I have no other fingers to point at other than the ones taking up a lot of space here.

I'm also interested to hear why you are suspicious. Despite my claim of knowledge and sudden over-analyzing.

Quote from: mikey on July 03, 2018, 11:59:24 AMLack of a night kill is also pretty telling. It means the guardian found a human.
Perhaps someone is trying to stir the pot? Although unlikely, considering everyone's reaction to this debate.

Toby

If your intention is to vote either mikey or myself, can you add to our discussion and give your own viewpoint on the situation

Nana1Popo2

As we have shifted conversations around slightly, what would you like me to contribute to? Which discussion.

I feel this will only drag me into the mix that I was avoiding, but I did give a little reasoning to my decisions a couple posts ago.

mikey

Woo screw it time for my awesome plan

I claim guardian

Seer should claim to me at earliest opportunity to set up an alliance with the confirmed human
unmotivated