News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

A Help to MuseScore Formatting

Started by Trasdegi, July 14, 2018, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

The only problem with that method is that it pretty much erases any formatting made in MuseScore, particularly measure and system distribution. It also comes with a lack of customisation for said formatting.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dekkadeci

Trying version 1.2 of the XML editor--how long am I supposed to wait before I can use the finished XML? I end up with this for several minutes after dragging the .xml onto the .exe--pressing the enter key results in the program closing and no files seemingly being modified:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11K-X1rttAQHg5KPuNRlFUbyN7V_yN5QH

Is this program supposed to work near-instantly or not? Am I using this program wrong?

I got the same results when I changed the extension of my file to .xml instead of .musicxml.

(My file structure has been censored for privacy reasons.)

EDIT: OK, dragged the .xml directly onto the .exe instead of opening the .exe first and finally got results. I'll still need to adjust the file afterwards, though--the tempo marking is messed up.

Trasdegi

Here's a new version of the template, with updated margins.

[1.1]

Trasdegi

Here's a new version (again) of the template, which shows the "Piano" in the musescore file.

[1.2]

FiveNineSquared

Oooh! This whole thing is pretty useful; thanks!
I don't think this's possible with xml, but importing frames from Musescore would be quite handy.

Trasdegi

Corrected a mistake: now the editor doesn't add copyright markings on every page anymore.

[1.3]

Trasdegi

Here's a template update, which just adds https.

[1.3]

AwesomeYears

I've very slightly edited the template so that it sounds articulations such as staccatos and sforzandos correctly as the original template didn't playback them.

[1.3 Edit]

Trasdegi

Thanks, that's one thing I didn't think of. I put it in the dropbox folder with the others.

[1.4]

Splatoon Inkling

NVM, I decided to use Finale Notepad, and it solved the problem.

XiaoMigros

I noticed that the template doesn't really hold up that well in MuseScore v3.6, so here's an updated version. NOTE: It's not currently possible to have different font sizes in the header, so if this template is used to convert to Finale you'll have to manually change the page numbers' font size to 14pt.

v1.4.36

You cannot view this attachment.

BlueKirby

here's an alternate download link to ver. 1.4 of the pre-3.6 template for anyone who for some reason needs it. the link stopped working for me today, and my template copy was mysteriously deleted off of my computer.

[1.4 alt]
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising