[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - "Circuit" (Replacement) by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, August 14, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

After giving this some thought, I've decided to return the LH to its original octave. The new files are up.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

Be sure to check if there are any notes overlapping, then.

Or any moments where cross staffing happens.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 21, 2018, 03:53:33 PMBe sure to check if there are any notes overlapping, then.

Or any moments where cross staffing happens.

That's why I moved the octave back down; not only to match the original, but to also eliminate the overlap problem.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

I see what you mean.

It sounds fine, I don't think it'll be too muddy during a performance. Maybe Lat can decide your fate.

But for now, give the other pages some head space on that top margin. You have plenty of room on the bottom of the pages to give some space.

Once you do that, you'll get a thumbs up from me.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 21, 2018, 07:38:06 PMfor now, give the other pages some head space on that top margin. You have plenty of room on the bottom of the pages to give some space.

Once you do that, you'll get a thumbs up from me.

Done and done.

Latios212

Nice work! Checking notes and stuff now.

- Not sure about the triplet in measure 1, it sounds like the third note of the group falls at the same time as the chord right above it.
- Rhythm in LH for measure 3 and 21 is a bit off, the F on beat 2 should fall a 16th later (similar to m. 5)
- Right, the octave thing. Measures 8-9, 26-27, 34-35 LH should definitely be an octave higher than indicated. I think this is the reason we had confusion before over clef changes/which register to put things in. I would recommend just writing everything normally and using 8vbs.
- G and Gb in m. 16 LH should be C's above (similar to the third iteration of this part in m. 26)
- I'd suggest notating the first LH Bb in m. 19 as a staccato'd 8th over 16th+rest as per last time discussion
- You can probably raise the beginning of the scoop in m. 30 a bit to not overlap the barline.

About pitch bends in the whistle line, as far as I know they should be notated as a solid line between noteheads. Does anyone know differently?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Looked over it again with MSF and made the edits (along with a couple other slight fixes). Left the pitch bend notation as is. Good to go.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta