News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG CIX: Shattered

Started by BrainyLucario, July 21, 2018, 04:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakue

So, I know this is a free country universe, but let's assume for a moment you're all living under my dictatorship.

Food for thoughts:

1. Mass claiming is not allowed.
--
It just how the setup works.

2. Corruption is an unstoppable kill power and no one should claim during the first night because of it preferably.
--
If you claimed and you're an important role, you're most likely going to die even if you're protected.
They can also hold on that power, but with that player pool, it's the safest day for waiting.

3. The main roles are the Seer and the Vigi. They shouldn't claim during this night.
--
They should only claim if they get a hit. (red check(debatable with painting)/wolf died(matters if full cardflips)

Note:
Vigi doesn't have to claim, but keep in mind this is a 10 players setup and consider the amount of town players alive. May claim if for some reasons they can't find a wolf and don't want to risk a mislynch after the first shot. It will clear their slot in theory.

4. Bodyguard and Roleblocker should try to figure out a way to not get in each others way.
--
I don't think bodyguard should do anything this first night because they could protect a wolf by mistake and die.
Roleblocker should definitely try to roleblock because if they block the night kill, no one will die and the roleblocker will solve a wolf assuming we can differentiate the Vigi shot from the roleblock.

All of the above doesn't apply to Day 2 and later.

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Hakue on July 21, 2018, 07:29:42 PMI don't think bodyguard should do anything this first night because they could protect a wolf by mistake and die.

This would only happen if the wolves chose to wolf one of themselves, and the guardian just happens to pick that target.

Quote from: Hakue on July 21, 2018, 07:29:42 PMRoleblocker should definitely try to roleblock because if they block the night kill, no one will die and the roleblocker will solve a wolf assuming we can differentiate the Vigi shot from the roleblock.

Can the roleblocker stop the night kill? I understood that it would only stop the painting, if it hits a wolf.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Hakue

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 21, 2018, 07:34:52 PMThis would only happen if the wolves chose to wolf one of themselves, and the guardian just happens to pick that target.
The Vigi shot is what I had in mind when I wrote this.
Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 21, 2018, 07:34:52 PMCan the roleblocker stop the night kill? I understood that it would only stop the painting, if it hits a wolf.
I believe it does if this is the wolf that sent the night kill.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

We can actually debate startegy during a Night phase? I've mainly played Mafia on the Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Universe Forums, and it usually isn't allowed. But if we can do it here, I'm in.

mikey

yeup nighttalk is allowed on NSM

I told haku mechanical discussion was popular here so this is probably my fault
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

yeah, night chat is allowed. Discussing strategies and whatnot is allowed.

Quote from: Hakue on July 21, 2018, 07:37:12 PMThe Vigi shot is what I had in mind when I wrote this.I believe it does if this is the wolf that sent the night kill.

Ok, that makes sense.

Can we get confirmation either way, brainy?

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 21, 2018, 07:56:25 PMyeah, night chat is allowed. Discussing strategies is allowed.

Rephrased because I realized that the "whatnot" thing is confusing.

Hakue

Quote from: mikey on July 21, 2018, 05:50:04 PMHakue
Quote from: Toby on July 21, 2018, 05:59:37 PMIt's night
tsh, he's telling his wolf partner who to night kill.

Clearly, why use discord for this when you can post about it directly for everyone to see.

This is the power of postgame memes.

mikey

Quote from: Hakue on July 21, 2018, 08:20:33 PMtsh, he's telling his wolf partner who to night kill.

Clearly, why use discord for this when you can post about it directly for everyone to see.

This is the power of postgame memes.

but toby IS my wolf partner
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Roleblocker cannot block wolf kill.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

I've liked haku's activity so far.  There are a few who still need to check in

and BDS' video gave me ear cancer
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Haku's post is good; you might think it's one of those "obvious, so why did they even say it" kind of posts, but the effort put into it is a good sign.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on July 21, 2018, 09:04:46 PMRoleblocker cannot block wolf kill.
this is concerning

but at least roleblocker can still block paintings

right ???

Quote from: mikey on July 21, 2018, 09:38:17 PMand BDS' video gave me ear cancer
smh noc what are you even
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

rattata26

[12:22 AM] rattata##: oh
[12:22 AM] rattata##: i understand
[12:23 AM] rattata##: so we can't mass claim but can we uh
[12:23 AM] rattata##: claim privately to one person?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

Quote from: Hakue on July 21, 2018, 07:29:42 PM3. The main roles are the Seer and the Vigi. They shouldn't claim during this night.
--
They should only claim if they get a hit. (red check(debatable with painting)/wolf died(matters if full cardflips)
I disagree. For the Seer, I think even if they get a wolf color flip early, as long as they are laying low, they could maybe gather some more info before coming foward and getting on the wolves' radar.

Hakue

Quote from: Spiritual Mask Salesman on July 22, 2018, 08:44:07 AMI disagree. For the Seer, I think even if they get a wolf color flip early, as long as they are laying low, they could maybe gather some more info before coming foward and getting on the wolves' radar.
I would agree if this was a long game.

This game depends of if corruption was used or not and if the bodyguard is still alive to protect the next phase.

If corruption wasn't used and Seer found nothing special, they should stay hidden.

The point is that it would make the pool of unknown players smaller and increase the chances for the Vigi to get a hit.