Series: Other
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Desolation
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Mingmingasaur

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Welcome to NinSheetMusic, Mingmingasaur! Awesome to see some more Xenoblade 2 stuff being done. It's helpful to attach a video for reference when submitting:

Will have more to say when I get around to checking this in-depth, but for now just taking a quick look at it, a suggestion I have would be to better notate what's to be played by which hand. In some of the slower parts you have large rolled chords that can be split between the staves. For instance, you could easily move the top 2-3 note in m. 3 to the top staff to be played by the right hand.

Watch your cross-staff slurs, like in m. 12, 21, and 46-47 - they look a bit odd. Can help give advice on how to make those look nice if you want.

I'd also suggest re-thinking your pedal markings, as holding for 4 bars at a time seems excessive. You could always make it simple and put a "con pedale" note at the start, as given the nature of the piece the pedaling can be easily inferred from phrases/chord changes.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Latios212

I messaged Mingmingasaur on Discord and he gave me the okay to fix this up for him. I'll get to it at some point.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Alright... finally done with this. Aside from poking around with the layout and correcting a few wrong notes here and there, there wasn't much to do - excellent transcription.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Not much for me to say here.

-The rit at the end really only starts in the penultimate bar.  There's rubato in that whole last section but the pulse stays pretty much constant until right at the end.
-I'd write the Bbs in bars 7 and 14 as A#s to match with bar 21.  I also think it makes more sense in 7 since then you get A -> A# -> B in the bass.
-I'd like to suggest again that the bass movement be included in bar 30.  It was probably performed live on a piano so it should be performable.  But I understand that you wanted to leave it out.  Was it present in mingmingasaur's original?

I think that's all I have.

Latios212

Changed the first couple things! (Also added an important bass note at the end of m. 30 I forgot to do last time.)

For m. 30, although he did have something written in (below) I don't think it's accurate. Regardless, I'm listening to the original again and I'm still not hearing a distinct enough movement in the lower registers to warrant detracting from the riff on the top staff.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot