News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

My new idea

Started by ShyYoshiGuy, July 30, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyYoshiGuy

Mods, please delete this topic. Every time I hear the "doo doo doo doo" notification I set up for this forum, I fear that it is going to be about this topic. You have no idea the relief I get when I see that's it's just Hurt and Heal or E. Gadd's Word of the Day. And when it's about this topic, my heart starts pounding, "Is it Altissimo going for a rebuttal of what I said?" or "Is it just going to be somebody telling us how they got into this community?" or "Is it going be somebody telling me I was being aggressive and I should be nicer to the people trying to help?" And I shouldn't even mention the DM/PM's, both on the forums and on Discord. I've gotten so many. (Only one of which I appreciated, you know who you are.) This topic has been the only thing I've been able to think about for the past couple days. I can't concentrate on anything else. I can't sleep. At this point, I don't even know what I think anymore. All I know is that this topic was a terrible idea and I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a mess.

The longer this topic isn't deleted, the more I'm just going to bring more attention to how it's still up. I asked you nicely to do something about it, but I don't know if this is your sort of revenge or whatever. I hope it's just inactivity. I can't deal with this topic anymore.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

Just because something is Zelda doesn't mean it's not obscure.

Why don't you look for some no-name devloper NES or GB games? There's plenty of them with soundtracks uploaded to YouTube, and they all (excluding some extremely special cases) have a max of 3 sound channels (minus percussion). If it were up to me, I wouldn't pick on-site sheets; it's kind of an integrity thing.

Start with this:
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Please delete this topic. Read the OP if you're curious.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 30, 2018, 05:06:36 PMFirst, that's not on the site.
 "an integrity thing"?

There are plenty out there, (including myself,) that can't resist to check someone else's out of curiousity. Trying a new song eliminates the temptation to base your arrangement on, or draw inspiration from someone else's.

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 30, 2018, 05:06:36 PMSecond, what do you mean by your suggestion?

What exactly do you not understand? My "3 channel" tidbit meant that up to 3 notes can be played at once by the hardware.

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 30, 2018, 05:06:36 PM(even though it's not obscure, but there's no way you'd know that, so it's ok)

Let's see: a game developed for multiple systems, released separate years (with Europe getting it first,) based on an animated TV series, the second animated series and third TV show in the franchise, further based on a set of comic strip characters. Trust me, I know obscure, and based upon these conditions, the site's standards say this game is definitely inconspicuous enough for you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Olimar12345

I'm confused, what is it you want to do? "Ear stuff" doesn't really tell me anything.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

"I want to do ear stuff" sounds kinky
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

So the point is you need something to check off of because you can't trust your own "pitch judgement"? Either you could have someone else check your first few semi-complete sheets, or you should try AudioStrech. Latios introduced it to me, and it helps a lot if you need to make sure individual notes are correct.

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Altissimo

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 30, 2018, 06:50:38 PMYeah, you said it. I don't trust my own "pitch judgement".

Ok, so you give me two options. Either I get the suggester to check it. But given 2 of the 3 people that have responded to this care about little details in the wording of the exposition of the request so that they refused to participate, that's not a option.

Or I can use a program to help me? Wait, what? Doesn't this look oddly familiar? Given I don't quite understand what you're saying here, there are two things that could mean.

First, as I'm doing it, I can just let the computer do it. Wow, great practice. I'm sure that'll help me out. Oh, wait, there's a terrible thing to be doing, it ruins your ears.

Or you could mean that when I'm done I have the computer tell me what it is. Wait, wouldn't that mean it would be tempting for me to see the computer result? And based the arrangement off of something other than my ears, shame, shame.

I don't think you want me to do either of those things. I have AudioStretch. Unless it's hidden in the full version, nothing is describing what you're talking about.

Stop being a dick to people who are trying to help you. They don't have to.

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Altissimo

It's only a huge mess because you started with an OP that didn't explain any of what you were actually searching for out of people, made a list of demands for other people for something that you could easily, easily do yourself, to which you responded to people acting like you know better than they do when you are the one who wants help, and then were flat-out rude to them, and still are being rude as a matter of fact. No wonder the topic's a mess. Don't act like the victim here.

Whether or not I'm posting is literally none of your concern.

Bespinben

For building your aural chops, I'd recommend 8-bit music with the channels separated in stereo. Latios actually did this back in 2015, and look where he is now 8)

If it's up your alley, there's a lot of stereo separated tracks of the Pokemon Gold/Silver OST on Youtube:

Route 30:

And when you're done with your version, you can check it against Lat's sheet:

Quote from: Latios212 on May 18, 2015, 06:21:48 PM[GBC] Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal

"Route 30": NEW!
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]

Good luck, and hope this helps!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!