News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[3DS] Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon - "Lillie's Theme" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, July 25, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Lillie's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Nice work! Glad to see more Sun/Moon stuff.

- Spacing in m. 7-8 - the stem on the Cn is too close to the ties in the LH, and there's a large amount of space at the beginning of m. 8 (for accidentals that aren't shown?)
- Grace note in m. 11 sounds to me like it should be descending to the melody note, not ascending to it
- A courtesy natural would do nicely on the G in the right hand in m. 19 (possibly the left hand, too).
- m. 33 beat 3 sounds like it dips down to a Gb instead of going back up to Db.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

-Adjusted.
-It's an A. Edited.
-Added to both hands.
-Meh, can sound like it, but when you mess with the audio there's definitely a Db there.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 05, 2018, 01:18:57 PM-Meh, can sound like it, but when you mess with the audio there's definitely a Db there.
I messed with the audio and I agree with latios. The accordion goes to a Gb 100%.

Olimar12345

Well, I messed with the audio and I agree with Olimar. The accordion goes to a Db 100%.

Dudeman

Latios messaged me for an opinion and I did some audio messing too:

[4:55 PM] Dudeman: Well, okay, this is interesting
[4:55 PM] Dudeman: The first time it went through my ear holes, I heard a Db
[4:55 PM] Dudeman: But then after repeating it, I heard Gb
[4:56 PM] Dudeman: OH I KNOW WHY
[4:56 PM] Dudeman: There's a subtle violin in the background
[4:57 PM] Dudeman: It starts on beat 2 and plays 8th notes Gb A Db, and that Db intersects with the accordion Gb on beat 3
[4:57 PM] Latios: Ah...
[4:57 PM] Dudeman: Because of the low volume and similar tone, it blends with the accordion and makes the illusion that the accordion is playing a Db.
[4:57 PM] Dudeman: There is a Db there, but it is not the accordion.
[4:57 PM] Latios: That makes sense, and is pretty much what I expected to hear
[4:58 PM] Dudeman: You can hear the violin Db very clearly through beat 3 and beat 1 of the next measure

So technically, everyone is right! However, since the arrangement's melody follows the accordion line at this point, I would change the note to a Gb.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot