[GB] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back from the Sewers - "Pizza Time" by PlayfulPiano

Started by Zeta, August 05, 2018, 02:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back from the Sewers
Console: Game Boy
Title: Pizza Time
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PlayfulPiano

[attachment deleted by admin]

PlayfulPiano

Replacing my Quicksand Pit arrangement with this for the time being. This was already looked through by Levi a bit earlier, so hopefully it should be pretty close to approval.

I'm not including the actual text/jingle in the beginning, doesn't flow right imo.

Brassman388

The only thing I would recommend is moving the swing expression next to your tempo. de-attach all of the eighths like in measure 5, on the & of beat 4; m. 6, the & of 2; m. 7 on the & of 4; m. 9 on the & of 4; and so on. You want to accentuate the fact that this piece is swung so you gotta make sure that the offbeats are isolated and not attached to anything except the beat preceding it.

Here's a mockup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g58y4subqpn4hw8/Pizza%20Time%20edit1.pdf?dl=0

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 15, 2018, 08:52:25 PMThe only thing I would recommend is moving the swing expression next to your tempo. de-attach all of the eighths like in measure 5, on the & of beat 4; m. 6, the & of 2; m. 7 on the & of 4; m. 9 on the & of 4; and so on. You want to accentuate the fact that this piece is swung so you gotta make sure that the offbeats are isolated and not attached to anything except the beat preceding it.

Here's a mockup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g58y4subqpn4hw8/Pizza%20Time%20edit1.pdf?dl=0
Sorry it took me a few days, was busy with some IRL stuff.
Updated.

Brassman388

Sebastian

Nice work.

The only comment I have for this one is:
- M. 8 & 12 are quite squished. All I did to fix it was randomly click in the measure and it auto-fixed. Try that.

Brassman388

Selecting a note from that measure and moving it up and down does that, too.

LeviR.star

The systems don't need quite that much space between eachother. If you can, move them closer so they're not violating the space of the copyright info. If not, we're here to help.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

I like looks of:

Page 1, top system, top margin: less than or equal to 2.5 inches
Page 1, bottom system, bottom margin: 1 inch

Page 2, top system, top margin: 1 inch
Page 2, bottom system, bottom margin: less than or equal to 1.5 inches

This changes frequently, but it gives good enough space for at least 4 systems a page with a resize of a bout 72 percent.

Play around with those numbers and see how it works for you.

PlayfulPiano

Was away at NYC yesterday, so sorry about not replying.

I made the spacing edit, but I couldn't figure out how to do the margins using notepad. It's already updated to a post-2007 version from earlier, so I don't have access to allegro for this.

Brassman388

No worries, just as long as the sheet looks fine. Those are just MY preferences for a layout.

Latios212

[Here]'s a file with the systems shifted a bit to make use of the page better.

Couple of things before I check notes:
- What's the long diminuendo in the first system for? Everything plays at constant volume in the original there.
- Go back and check your note durations. Eighth notes vs. quarters vs. staccato'd quarters, make sure each note has the right duration and articulation.
- Would recommend condensing the tempo/swing marking at the beginning, it takes up a slightly awkwardly large amount of space. Perhaps something like this.

Let us know if you need help doing the last thing in Finale. You should be able to address the others.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Latios212 on September 04, 2018, 06:55:23 PM[Here]'s a file with the systems shifted a bit to make use of the page better.

Couple of things before I check notes:
- What's the long diminuendo in the first system for? Everything plays at constant volume in the original there.
- Go back and check your note durations. Eighth notes vs. quarters vs. staccato'd quarters, make sure each note has the right duration and articulation.
- Would recommend condensing the tempo/swing marking at the beginning, it takes up a slightly awkwardly large amount of space. Perhaps something like this.

Let us know if you need help doing the last thing in Finale. You should be able to address the others.

Huh, thought the volume changed, I'll fix that.
I just double checked on the left hand, it kind of sounds like the first and third quarter note beats might not have a staccato, but on playback it honestly sounds a little worse compared to keeping it consistently ccato'd. Unless you're talking about something else, I don't really notice an issue with duration.
Honestly I have no experience regarding swing tempos, I believe Levi was the one who initially put the swing tempo with an earlier edit a while back.

The post is updated, but I couldn't do the swing change.

Latios212

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on September 05, 2018, 08:50:23 PMI just double checked on the left hand, it kind of sounds like the first and third quarter note beats might not have a staccato, but on playback it honestly sounds a little worse compared to keeping it consistently ccato'd. Unless you're talking about something else, I don't really notice an issue with duration.
Left hand looks fine, I'm talking about the right hand. Look at m. 5-6 for example. The notes that are currently quarter notes aren't sustained any longer than the eighth notes in the original. Consider making them staccato, or eighth notes. Give the rest of the melody similar thought.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PlayfulPiano

Alright, sorry it took so long, school got in the way of finishing this one.

I put in some more staccatos after listening through again, hopefully it's better now.