[GB] Game & Watch Gallery - "Game Select" by ShyYoshiGuy

Started by Zeta, August 19, 2018, 07:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

I'll wait until you get that first bar done again to say anything about that.  At the moment the only things I noticed are:
-The mf is colliding with notes in the first bar.  Make sure that when you redo that bar you don't have the collision.
-I'd actually suggest a tenuto on the crotchet in bars in 3 and 7 just to make it stand out that extra bit.

ShyYoshiGuy

Ok, I'll fix the mf when I fix the first bar. Second, I'm going to look up what a tenuto and a crochet are. So, yeah, I'll probably agree with that.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Libera

Sorry a crotchet is what you'd call a quarter-note and a tenuto is just like the opposite of a staccato.  But looking up things is always good!

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Libera

A quaver is what you'd call an eighth-note and legato means something similar to slurred.  If you're still confused send me a message on discord.  (You'll have to send me a friend request first).

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Libera

ShyYoshiGuy

Just about to post the new version. The first bar is at least somewhat closer (hopefully). And I'll fix the formatting issues with the rest of the sheet once the first bar is correct.

Edit: The new files are now there.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Libera

Things will go much faster if you fix everything that you can when you're available to and it also makes things much easier for updaters.  In other words, if you could address everything that's been brought up so far, that would be great.

Libera

Here's what I can hear for the first bar.

You cannot view this attachment.

Quote from: Libera on November 19, 2018, 10:11:48 AMThings will go much faster if you fix everything that you can when you're available to and it also makes things much easier for updaters.  In other words, if you could address everything that's been brought up so far, that would be great.

If you could fix/address all of the other stuff as well, we're probably in business here.

I guess this also counts as a bump.

LeviR.star

I'm not about to watch this get accepted in its current form, so here's what I found:

- Libera is right; first measure notes are wrong
- there are some very clear staccatos in the LH (slurs, too)
- slurs could be added to m. 5 & 9 to indicate note connection not really heard in m. 2 - 4 & m. 6 - 8
- I agree with putting tenutos on the quarter notes
- the repeats aren't working with the playback (but I understand that you're a "NopePad" user, so that's perfectly alright)
- this, while also probably a NotePad issue, would look much better if the systems were spread out over 3 systems (w/ 3 measures each)
- some general formatting & spacing can be adjusted here (i.e. the copyright info is a bit too far down, composer/arranger info is a bit too close to the song title)
- I don't normally suggest this, but the piano soundfont being used right now could be a little brighter (though that's not your fault, either)

We know you haven't done a lot of arranging yet, so I'm going to help you improve and learn. Just remember that we can't do everything for you for each of your submissions. That's all I have.

Game & Watch Gallery - Game Select (Levi Edits)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Thank you two for doing that. That intro section was something all right. I'll get the submission updated shortly.

Edit: Updated
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Libera

Thanks for doing that, Levi.

http to https, and then I'm happy.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 10, 2019, 11:01:06 PMhttp to https, and then I'm happy.

I actually only noticed that after the files were updated, and forgot that this had been in submissions so long. But it is still my fault.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements