News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Using with Ireal pro for iphone

Started by aerodan1, August 19, 2018, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerodan1

Hi,

Just stumbled across this wonderful website, what a tremendous resource and gathering place for musicians who are fans of some timeless classics.  I'm trying to play files on my iphone (it's an 8 or 7), but wasn't able to import files into ireal pro (they only accept .html format), and noticed that finale notepad doesn't work for ios.  Wondering what my options may be, either to convert pdf, midi or mus files to html, so that I can play in ireal pro, or another app where I can play the files from this site. 

I'm looking for basic features - to be able to change tempo, transpose to other keys, easily pause and rewind / fast forward, and edit notes / chords.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brassman388

I should be more familiar with ireal pro, but I am not. So I can't tell you a way to successfully change from a format like mus to an html. This is beyond my skill set as an arranger. If there's a way that you know how to work around I'm all ears, and I'm willing to extend my help to get the sheets converted that you need.

aerodan1

Thanks for offering to help, it's much appreciated.  I can always use my laptop (which has windows) in the meantime to play the files through Finale.  I also noticed some of these tunes link up on chordify, which allows for transposition / tempo changes, etc.  But they charge a monthly subscription for this service, whereas I'd rather not pay (or at least just pay a one-time fee).

Trasdegi

From Finale Notepad, you can export a .xml, that you can inport in MuseScore (which is free). Then you can do all the re-arranging you want.

aerodan1

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 21, 2018, 12:23:08 PMFrom Finale Notepad, you can export a .xml, that you can inport in MuseScore (which is free). Then you can do all the re-arranging you want.

It looks like Musescore has the same issue (not compatible on Iphone / Ipad), but good to know of this additional option for windows.

Thanks,