News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 - "Hakari Mikagami ~ Goddess of Law" by Trasdeg

Started by Zeta, August 05, 2018, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 23, 2018, 02:08:14 AMIt makes it look like that's a hard rythm figure and you have to count a rest, when it's a classic dotted eighth-16th figure.
What I see as the problem here is the disparity between the ways you are notating the strikes of the dyads even though they are virtually the same in the original. Each of the notes in the 3-3-2 rhythm have roughly the same duration and sustain.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
While yes, we may need to conform to the 4/4 rhythm a bit it seems wrong to me that the first note is notated as a dotted eighth and the second is notated as a 16th+rest. For consistency if you're having a rest on one it would be best to have a rest on the other. And for correctness` sake, in the original there actually is a rest between the notes as the dyad dies out completely before the next one starts.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brassman388

I don't feel it's the staccato's in their present form that's causing problems, but where they're placed.

That rhythm is a standard syncopated pop rhythm.

There should be enough space between the whole note in the second layer where the staccato's will fit with no trouble.

edit: on a side note, if you plan on keeping the staccato's, then you may want to have additional articulations, i.e. tenutos, in the next section that same rhythm changes to be longer and more connected.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

Quote from: Latios212 on September 24, 2018, 04:54:18 AMDid you even read my post? :(

Yes. The performer can (and probyably unconciously will, if he knows the track) play all diads the same length. We're dealing with a 32th note difference here, and that don't overwhelm the ease of reading here imo.

Also, updated files again. The page number went havoc (again).

Brassman388

I see you made changes, but instead of having those middle 16th's tenuto'd, make those tail-end 8ths tenuto'd since they're the one's previously articulated.

Edit: So I see what everyone else is saying. My deal is that while staccatos can be inherently changed depending on the performer, composer, director, etc etc. Finale itself has also understood this and allowed the change the length of the staccatos. However, if the change cannot support the rest of the doc itself then I wouldn't advise doing that.

Lat makes a hard case with the note lengths and how they should be represented. And doing a little reading isn't that difficult for musicians, especially if they know the tune in the first place. Alls I'm sayin' is that while it may look unsightly, which I agree, it's a far more accurate depiction of what's going on without the questionability of the staccato, as I mentioned before.

Carry on. 

Brassman388

Not quite what I meant with the articulations, still. I can show you if you want.

edit: Like this, bro.

Trasdegi

Brassman388

Not that I know of, unless my colleagues have other things they spot.

I'll give this the official thumbs up after your changes. For real this time.

Maelstrom

m11 needs 2nd layer LH rests
m17 cresc. is hitting the bar line, so move it back a tiny bit
m24 fermata is colliding with the note.

Trasdegi

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 27, 2018, 06:00:18 AMm11 needs 2nd layer LH rests
m17 cresc. is hitting the bar line, so move it back a tiny bit
m24 fermata is colliding with the note.

Everything done & files updated.

Brassman388

Zeta