News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

iPod/iTunes help!!!!!!!

Started by chipmunk884, February 28, 2008, 03:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipmunk884

Whenever i connect my ipod to my computer, after a few seconds, the screen turns dark blue and says something like "fatal error has occured".  This only started happening after i ran norton ghost to clean my c drive.  I know that it isn't the usb port, because i have used the port after i norton ghosted my computer and it worked fine.  Also, i just put on windows xp service pack 2, if that helps.  I really need your help!

PianoMasta7

Open, iTunes BEFORE you plug it in.

If that doesnt work, your computer is crashing. They call that screen the "Last Eye"

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: PianoMasta7 on February 28, 2008, 04:24:06 PMIf that doesnt work, your computer is crashing. They call that screen the "Last Eye"

LOL no, the world calls that screen the Blue Screen of Death.

If iTunes recognizes your iPod when you plug it it, tell it to do a restore.  If not, go to the apple website and find whatever the hard reset button combo for the iPod. (all these fantastic lowercase "i"s)  One of the reset methods is to lock and unlock your iPod about 3 times, then hold down the middle and menu buttons.

me irl
[close]

Mike

It happens because nobody loves you.

PianoMasta7

Quote from: Mike on February 29, 2008, 02:49:21 PMIt happens because nobody loves you.

Then, that'd be happening to you every second...

Quote from: gamer4251 on February 28, 2008, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: PianoMasta7 on February 28, 2008, 04:24:06 PMIf that doesnt work, your computer is crashing. They call that screen the "Last Eye"

LOL no, the world calls that screen the Blue Screen of Death.
If iTunes recognizes your iPod when you plug it it, tell it to do a restore.  If not, go to the apple website and find whatever the hard reset button combo for the iPod. (all these fantastic lowercase "i"s)  One of the reset methods is to lock and unlock your iPod about 3 times, then hold down the middle and menu buttons.

Well my dad calls it the last eye...

Mike

Quote from: PianoMasta7 on March 01, 2008, 07:37:50 AMThen, that'd be happening to you every second...

Says the one who has no life.

PianoMasta7

chipmunk884

I uninstalled and re installed itunes and i'm still getting the "blue screen of death".  And when i tried to call apple customer service, i was on hold for 20 minutes, then they hung up on me.  I have no idea what i should do.  And i don't even know how it worked before i updated my computer because the apple website says that you need xp service pack 2, and i just put service pack 2, and now i'm getting all of the problems.  Has this problem happened to anyone before?

Dude

It's your computer that has the BSoD, right? :-\ OK. Then, I would advise you to clear and reinstall EVERYTHING in your computer. That way if you have any viruses they'll be gone, but be sure to save everything you need on CD's like documents, music and anything else you can't get from the installation disks. ;)

chipmunk884

the thing is that, dude, i did that all before i put service pack 2 on and all of the problems started happening.

Dude

One question, Mac or PC? I don't know anything about Mac's.

Johnny T

It wouldn't have XP service pack 2 or get a BSOD if it were a Mac.

Dude

Quote from: Johnny T on March 02, 2008, 05:10:34 PMIt wouldn't have XP service pack 2 or get a BSOD if it were a Mac.
Ah

KefkaticFanatic

So its your PC itself having the fatal error?  Something is either wrong with your PC or with your iPod.
I wouldn't bother with Apple's customer service, as it sucks ass.  First try to restore your iPod on another computer, and if that doesn't fix it you'll probably have to check your computer for clues as to what exactly the fatal error is resulting from.

me irl
[close]

chipmunk884

YES! I finally got it fixed!  What i did is in itunes i ran the diagnostic, then quickly connected my ipod and it installed the drivers.  so now, i can sync my ipod before it gives me the blue screen