Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy VII
Console: PlayStation
Title: Descendant of Shinobi
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Brawler4Ever

Brawler4Ever

I feel comfortable with this song. My only concern is the middle section. I tried to follow the chord pattern as best I could, but I'm not 100% sure that it's exact. I'm satisfied with it though.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

Do you have full Finale? There are a bunch of things you can do to clean up the sheet visually. Have a more consistent measure distribution, make sure parts and lines don't overlap, flip the top layer in the left hand downwards, etc.

I can help walk you through this sometime if you need help.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

I got the full version of Finale recently. I haven't had an opportunity to play with those particular settings. I'll pm you if I need help. :)

Brawler4Ever

Latios212

Much better - though there's still some work to do before I go and check the notes ;)
- Flip the top layer down in the LH of the first system just like everywhere else.
- Indent the first system and include the "Piano" staff name (and remove the abbreviation on the others).
- In m. 20-28 you have the LH forcibly stemmed downwards but there's no layer above it to warrant that. You can go ahead and flip those notes to their natural direction where applicable.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

While you're fixing that the last system's margins are off so it's sticking out the left of the others.  Just move it back to be in line with the rest.

Latios212

In addition to the above, started going through the notes - many of the offbeat dyads in the left hand are incorrect. For instance measures 1-2 contain C-G and B-G.Take another pass through the left hand, listen carefully for the harmonies, and let me know if you need help. I'd also recommend putting the upper layer back in some places where you took it out, like m. 21.

Other than that:
- Make m. 15's second half eighth-quarter-eighth like measure 13.
- The half note in m. 24 should be an eighth note.
- Layer 2 should start out with F# instead of E in m. 28. You also need to adjust the rhythm grouping in this measure, and adjust the right hand to make it playable (probably invert the lower E when it plays the high G.

Then we'll be in pretty good shape :3

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

I'm not arranging right now. I'll get back to this probably over the summer. :)

Libera

Quote from: Libera on January 15, 2019, 08:46:58 AMThanks for letting us know, I'll archive this thread for now then.  You can refer back to it in the summer when you're ready to make edits.