[SNES] Mega Man 7 - "Shade Man Stage" (Replacement) by WaluigiTime64

Started by Zeta, September 28, 2018, 03:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 30, 2018, 05:21:31 PMSame goes for the & of 4 in the same measure, and continuing rhythms like it.

You forgot this part.

If the top brass was giving you muck for the same thing then we'll leave it as is.

I hate articulations for piano. They make absolutely no sense ever.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 01, 2018, 10:42:22 PMYou forgot this part.

You cannot view this attachment.

Personally I find that beaming over the 8ths gives a better sense that the last note is on an offbeat (because in 4/4 the stems typically go over 4 eighths, and here you can easily see the first and last of that group of 4, with a rest where the third one should be, blah blah blah). It makes just a bit more sense to me. It's also a different scenario to the first half of that measure, because the rests are over the first and fourth half-beats, so it's harder to see that group of 4, etc.

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 01, 2018, 10:42:22 PMIf the top brass was giving you muck for the same thing then we'll leave it as is.
Not sure what you mean by this but I like the idea of not doing anything.

Quote from: Brassman388 on October 01, 2018, 10:42:22 PMI hate articulations for piano. They make absolutely no sense ever.
This such a mood for me performing anytime, ever.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Brassman388

I personally don't like the beaming because it's essentially not working together, I hear. It's just a rhythmic pulse deal.

I dunno, it's a like, a consistency thing for me as well. Like, if you have cells of two notes doing the same thing over and over again, and have the first beamed a certain way and another beamed another way, it creates a consistent way it looks. It may look a little janky at first but once the beaming reflects that it starts to make sense.

Then again, I'm talking from a writer's perspective, and both could technically work either way.

Anyone, any additional opinions??

Latios212

I'm also of the opinion that it's acceptable either way (though my personal opinion is that it's situational whether to beam or not).

Let's get this replacement in!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot