News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Looking for help with a rhythm transcription :)

Started by 607, September 30, 2018, 03:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, would anyone here know how to transcribe the rhythm at the beginning of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature's Title Theme?
Here's a link to a YouTube video.
I've been trying to figure it out for an hour or so, as I can play the rhythm by feel, but when doing the bass walk-up to the main theme that doesn't work, as I have to combine things.

AwesomeYears

Quote from: AwesomeYears on September 30, 2018, 05:01:08 AM
Spoiler
[close]

This should be it.
Thank you, that looks a whole lot better... I was playing with 16th and 32nd notes. :-X But am I right in thinking you didn't set the right tempo? I'll input it into a notation software myself soon, so I can figure it out. :) (I tried to just now using a metronome, but got confused)

I just noticed the dot behind the note in the tempo mark, that makes it quicker!

Trasdegi

You should try to rewrite it in 4/4 swing, would look a lot better I think.

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2018, 01:56:35 PMYou should try to rewrite it in 4/4 swing, would look a lot better I think.
I'm not an NSM arranger, so a sheet looking good isn't an advantage. :)

Trasdegi

Quote from: 607 on October 02, 2018, 12:36:01 AMI'm not an NSM arranger, so a sheet looking good isn't an advantage. :)

It would also be easier to read, easier to practice... your choice.

AwesomeYears

Even with the triplet groupings? I thought it would make it pointless to put in simple time if there is gonna be the whole starter pack of dotted crotchets, crotchet + quaver & triple quavers.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: AwesomeYears on October 02, 2018, 06:45:39 AMEven with the triplet groupings? I thought it would make it pointless to put in simple time if there is gonna be the whole starter pack of dotted crotchets, crotchet + quaver & triple quavers.
I commonly see triplets in swing jazz. I believe swing or triplets depends on a piece's feel and affinity towards jazz.

Brassman388

Maelstrom

Libera

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2018, 10:27:58 AMCould you teach me?
Just quote the post and see what's wrong (too late now, I fixed it). In this case, apparently the url BB code on this board doesn't need quotation marks around the url, and thus added another https:// in front of the address, and read the quotation marks as part of it. Anyway:
Quote from: Trasdegi on October 02, 2018, 04:59:21 AMIt would also be easier to read, easier to practice... your choice.
Ah, that would have been nice then... I suppose I should have checked this again before I continued writing it down (which is a bit of a pain in MuseScore 2: it's much harder to use than I remembered it to be).

In case anyone stumbles across this and wants to know what I ended up with: here's what I've got for now. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZjUa34d2SqIU3vuT9p0cc35sAOxGdZ2w
However, the end sounds really lacklustre without the part from the beginning in. Unfortunately, the parts are too far apart to play with one hand, and transposing either of the two down or up an octave sounds weird and plays weird.