Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Id (Purpose)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

so soon?

• RH tie in m53-54 clashes with LH
  • not sure how playable m67-68 RH is
  • a crescendo poco a poco marking or something to that effect starting m69 might be useful since it builds up gradually
  • I'd take a closer look at m126-129 RH
  • ending D.C. should be a D.S.

Latios can handle the rest
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

I'll fix this later but:
m67-68 is very playable
m126-129 is going to say until someone suggests something better. I can't hear anything except this.

Brassman388

So I listened to it a couple of times, and read it a couple more times.

I have one question in particular. Are you going for accuracy like, in terms of keeping everything intact in the recording as best as you can, or are you interpreting what's best for the piano and "absolute" accuracy is a thing that is second?

While there are definitely lines that could be approved upon, I think it we should focus on what the piano can for sure handle.

The harmonic stuff is there, the groundwork for a visually accurate sheet is there, but there could be things that can approve upon. So I'm not going to do anything until we decide as to what kind of arrangement this is going to be.

F***in impressive work, tho.

Maelstrom

That's a difficult call to make.
I'd say it's like I make most of my arrangements: try to jam everything I can in and then make sure it works on piano. My goal is to capture the "feel" of the original as much, if not more, than absolute accuracy. So, for example, even though you can barely hear the accordion in parts on the first page, I still wrote it in and tried to extrapolate what it would sound like. That's the kind of thing I want to do.
And yeah, there's a few spots that can have improvement, but I had a hard time doing it on my own so now it's in submissions.
Quote from: Brassman388 on September 30, 2018, 09:27:47 PMF***in impressive work, tho.
Thanks

Brassman388

Okay.

What I wanna do is make a version that almost mimics it in almost every aspect. This is to ensure that we agree what's going on in timbre and intonation. It's gonna be rough, and probably redundant, but almost all piano versions of everything I do starts with an ensemble version first, then I condense it down to a piano reduction.

Extraneous, probably. But worth it if you really, really wanna develop your ear.

Think about it.

Maelstrom

Idk if you need to, because that's pretty much what I did for most parts. This has already been simplified from my original arrangement for the sake of playability.

Maelstrom

To avoid stagnation, I will delete my sub until people become available to check this monstrosity in a few weeks