Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Overture
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Alrighty, checking time!

- Use an approximate tempo marking; the rubato isn't that out of whack :P
- Try writing measures 2 and 10 in two layers as well so the bottom voice doesn't disappear suddenly. This would also help you separate the voices in LH m. 10 to avoid beaming them together with long stems like that.
- I'd definitely suggest using dotted notes at the beginning of m. 4 and 9
- I'd recommend keeping the repeated F's in the right hand in m. 3. It's difficult to tell what layers things belong to in solo piano pieces like this, but I think it should be written on the top staff since it just repeats F's under the melody similar to m. 5-7 (it'd simplify playing it too here)
- That said, not sure if the C under the D in m. 7 is as present as it is in the sheet (I don't hear the dissonance of the major second sticking out in the original, but it's fine to keep if you think so)
- First and last dyad in m. 11 are rolled
- The m. 15 rolled notes in the original are actually out of order! We could probably fiddle around with tied grace notes or something to make this effect clear... worth a shot at least
- m. 9: do the first 5 chords not all have the B and C in them similar to measure 1? I think I hear the minor second dissonance in each.Also beat 4 LH could use an accent.
- This is also debatable, but I'd give some thought to whether the beat 3 F in m. 13 should be written in the melody. I'd also suggest removing the 8va in m. 13. (It's easier to read starting on the G on the staff, it doesn't look like it's crossing over the left hand, it's the same four note ascent in different octaves, and the contour of the ascending line is destroyed by the system break anyways.)

That's all, I think! Great sheet and looking forward to more from this game maybe ;)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2018, 01:53:16 PM- The m. 15 rolled notes in the original are actually out of order! We could probably fiddle around with tied grace notes or something to make this effect clear... worth a shot at least
I think we found a serviceable solution

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2018, 01:53:16 PM- m. 9: do the first 5 chords not all have the B and C in them similar to measure 1? I think I hear the minor second dissonance in each.Also beat 4 LH could use an accent.
The first chord has no B, the others have both. Fixed~

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2018, 01:53:16 PM- This is also debatable, but I'd give some thought to whether the beat 3 F in m. 13 should be written in the melody. I'd also suggest removing the 8va in m. 13. (It's easier to read starting on the G on the staff, it doesn't look like it's crossing over the left hand, it's the same four note ascent in different octaves, and the contour of the ascending line is destroyed by the system break anyways.)
I like having the LH be a consistent string of 8th notes more than puttin the F in the melody. But I love the pattern when you remove the 8va :D

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2018, 01:53:16 PM- Use an approximate tempo marking; the rubato isn't that out of whack :P
- Try writing measures 2 and 10 in two layers as well so the bottom voice doesn't disappear suddenly. This would also help you separate the voices in LH m. 10 to avoid beaming them together with long stems like that.
- I'd definitely suggest using dotted notes at the beginning of m. 4 and 9
- I'd recommend keeping the repeated F's in the right hand in m. 3. It's difficult to tell what layers things belong to in solo piano pieces like this, but I think it should be written on the top staff since it just repeats F's under the melody similar to m. 5-7 (it'd simplify playing it too here)
- That said, not sure if the C under the D in m. 7 is as present as it is in the sheet (I don't hear the dissonance of the major second sticking out in the original, but it's fine to keep if you think so)
- First and last dyad in m. 11 are rolled
yepyepyepyepyepyep

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot