[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Surf" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, October 07, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Surf
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

lol I only ever knew the first five seconds of this track until now

• m7 RH should be half note - (grace notes) half note, not dotted quarter and then eighth tied half. (The grace notes are a triplet that starts on beat 2.5, with the actual F#-D dyad landing on beat 3.)
  • m18 RH, beat 4: if you're trying to follow the chime/metallophone/whatever melody, this note should be an E. The G is from a different part.

That's all I got. Noice.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe give the LH a new rhythm in the second half of m1? The build-up in the original hasn't really carried over. (Also a crescendo, perhaps?)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

That G always stuck out more to me when listening, but yeah you're right that should definitely be an E. Fixed the other thing as well, thanks!

Yeah I noticed that as well in the intro. There's a glissando that's happening in a different layer that creates the build-up effect in the second half of the intro measure, but I didn't really come up with any good way to include it. I ended up leaving it out altogether just for simplicity, though I added in the crescendo.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Just a few things here from me.

-In bar 1 the semiquaver line is in parallel sixths in the original.  The left hand isn't really doing anything for most of that bar so maybe you could add it in?  Pedal to sustain the chord on beat 1 and then have the left hand join in on beat 2 maybe?  Just a thought anyway, might help with making the transition a bit flashier.
-The Eb in bar 9 resolves down to a D in the next bar which in my opinion should probably be kept in.  Feels weird to leave that note hanging to me.

That's all I've got; nice work.

Latios212

I figured it would be a pretty big jump in difficulty to have the left hand jump up to play 16ths and then back down again, especially considering nothing else in this song is particularly fast or tricky. Just wanted to keep this one simple; I feel the continuous 16th run in the RH is enough work.

Put in that D resolution in m. 10. Thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I've got a few comments on m10-13.
Why isn't the 3rd harmony note in the 2nd layer included after the first instance?
I hear an echo on b1.5 of m11-13 of the RH

aside from this, it's great.

Latios212

I just included the bottom D in m. 10 so that the Eb would resolve downwards. Otherwise didn't want to make the texture of this section that think.

I'm not really sure what part you're referring to about the echo? Regardless I took another listen and I think the main melody is doing what I wrote in.

Thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta