[DELETED] [SWITCH] Splatoon 2 - "Defeat- Jingle/Ink Another Day" by BrainyLucario

Started by Zeta, October 11, 2018, 08:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Defeat- Jingle/Ink Another Day
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BrainyLucario

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Libera

Defeat-Jingle

-I'm not hearing the A Ab G line in bar 1 that you've written in.
-In bar 2 on the dotted minim there should be a Cn and a Gb and no Gn.
-I'm also not convinced on the rhythm you've written out here.  I can give suggestions if you'd like, but I don't think the way it's currently written is working.

Ink Another Day

Main thing here is the chords.  I'm not sure that alternating D major C# minor is what's going on here.  I'd take another look at them.

I'll have another check when you've updated the files.

BrainyLucario

I'm open to the suggestion. I'm having a terrible time figuring it out

Khunjund

The chords for Ink Another Day are: E7sus4 > F#min7/E > E7sus4 > Esus2 > D(add9)/F# > C#min7/G# > B7sus4 > Amaj9.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Khunjund

As for the defeat jingle, there is indeed a C natural in the second chord of measure 2 (personally, I'd place it in the right hand, but it can also work in the left), and the rythm in measure 2 sounds more like a quarter and an eighth in a triplet to me, with the eighth tied to the following dotted half note.

Quote from: Libera on October 20, 2018, 02:26:15 PMI'm not hearing the A Ab G line in bar 1 that you've written in.

You can't really make it out, but I think it's clear from the sound that these are power chords, in which case this line is definitely present. However, the Bb in measure 2 should get the same treatment, so the upper left hand note should be an F, not Gb.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

BrainyLucario

Libera

Brassman388

Libera

Going to archive this for inactivity.  Feel free to resubmit whenever you want to.