[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Black City" by gunthi

Started by Zeta, October 18, 2018, 09:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Black City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: gunthi

Latios212

Hello and welcome to NinSheetMusic!

For your sheet to be considered for the site, we have to have a formatted .mus file which the PDF and MID are generated from. If you don't have Finale, feel free to ask for help here.

Let us know if you need help with anything.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

gunthi

Hi. I have Finale Notepad, but I don't know how to write symbols on text, namely notes (quarternote, eightnote, etc). I only can do this on Notation Composer, where I do all my arrangements. Is there any keyboard shortcut to write these symbols?

Maelstrom

There's not much you can do besides clicking them out and placing them manually. You can speed things up if you have an XML file and edit that in notepad.

Libera

This is a bit better, but there are still a lot of issues.  For one, the .pdf has not been made from the .mus which is a requirement.  The title and game name aren't centred, the tempo marking reads \213 = 120 and the bottom stave on the first page is eating into the margins.  If you need any help, feel free to ask.

gunthi

It was supposed to be a quarter-note in place of \213. I did it in Notation Composer, but when I put the .xml file into Finale Notepad, \213 appeared, but I don't know why. For writing the quarter-note in Finale Notepad, do I need to purchase the full version of Finale? In the version I have I also cannot move the title that I wrote in Notation.
I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 09:46:40 AMIf you don't have Finale, feel free to ask for help here.

If there are things that you need doing that you can't do yourself, Latios posted the link above to the place to ask for help.  If you're unsure of what your sheet should look like then go here.

This applies to your other submission as well.

gunthi

Khunjund

My biggest issue with this sheet is that, in the first section, the right hand is playing three sperarate layers (melody, countermelody, and accompaniment) at the same time and in the same register, and on top of that the highest notes are those of the accompaniment. If you just want to have all the notes down, it works (somewhat—you've gotten a couple of them wrong and it's still a tad awkward to play at times), but that changes dramatically if your goal is for listeners to hear all the melodic lines.

Aside from that, the chords in the second section are generally more complex than what you've written down. I doubt this is for the purposes of simplifying the arrangement, considering what section one looks like, so I think you'd benefit from having a fuller sound.

Finally, there are some notation errors. A number of the chromatic spellings are incorrect: in the first section, basically every altered note should be a sharp, to reflect the key, as well as the vertical chord structures the notes form; in the second section, they should almost always be flats (the key changes to C minor). This wouldn't be an issue if the piece was atonal, but this clearly isn't the case. Also, if you intend to use an 8va bassa line throughout the piece, it should be continuous, and not break at the end of each phrase. Though I'd like to point out some possible alternatives to this: writing a mention that the left hand should be played an octave lower at the beginning, or simply writing the notes with ledger lines.

Here's an arrangement I made for comparison: [PDF] [MID] [MUS]. It's by no means perfect (I made it rather quickly), but maybe you'll see some aspects that appeal to you and that you'd like to incorporate into your own arrangement. If not, then at least you'll have the proper chromatic spellings and full chords for reference. (The key change isn't 100% necessary, but I think it makes things cleaner.) Though in any case, I think you should try to play both arrangements on a piano, if possible, to get a better feel for the differences between the two.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

Libera