Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Kart
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Rainbow Road
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Airhorns and lasers. That's what this song is.

(There are some really interesting chords, though...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Yep. Airhorns and lasers.

I only really have one thing to say:
 - In M.19 from what I'm hearing (I may be wrong, but pretty sure the background synths are only playing two-note chords for that section) you've added a B(nat) to that first chord, which is fair enough, as it keeps it consistent with the thickness of the chords in M.21+M.22. What's a little weird is that you didn't add a note to the first chord in M.20 to add a similar padded effect for that consistency.
 - ...I guess I'm also a little curious about how you slur all that stuff with the bass being weird but it's probably just a "performer's interpretation"-type thing.

Besides that trivial thing yeah this is a good sheet. me like
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Wow, I only remembered the duet arrangement of this, and forgot how bad the solo version on-site was.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

ikr haha

Thanks, Wah! About that section, that first tenuto chord in 19/23 is taken from the other voice in the original, which is why it has the extra harmony compared to the moving dyads. The slur I intended partially as a phrase marking to show that the melodic line was separate from the abovementioned chord in the other layer, and also as you mentioned it's left up to interpretation how you'd want to play this melody legato. Given the nature of the bassline under the parts where the RH needs to jump, I think it's perfectly fine to pedal. (M. 20 beats 3-4 would sound muddy but fortunately the RH doesn't have to move in that place so you can avoid pedaling there.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Latios212 on October 23, 2018, 06:08:02 PMThe slur I intended partially as a phrase marking to show that the melodic line was separate from the abovementioned chord in the other layer, and also as you mentioned it's left up to interpretation how you'd want to play this melody legato. Given the nature of the bassline under the parts where the RH needs to jump, I think it's perfectly fine to pedal. (M. 20 beats 3-4 would sound muddy but fortunately the RH doesn't have to move in that place so you can avoid pedaling there.)
Oh ok I see. Thanks. Pieces having wacky basslines like this make performances hard lol.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 23, 2018, 06:08:02 PMThanks, Wah! About that section, that first tenuto chord in 19/23 is taken from the other voice in the original, which is why it has the extra harmony compared to the moving dyads.
I get why you split it up into dyads and triads, but what I'm saying is that while you clearly are making the textures thicker for the (first) chords in M.19, M.21 and M.22 (using the background synth or otherwise), you didn't do the same for M.20. I know there isn't a D in the actual one, but I don't see any harm in emphasising the C-D-Eb-F progression sustained by the backing synths, and it helps with consistency within that four measure phrase (if you're going to pad out the other ones, you may as well pad out this one).

You cannot view this attachment.

idk it just feels like it's missing something there, because you included the backing synths in some measures but not the other or something
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Static

I thoroughly checked each note of this, and yeah, everything checks out. Awesome sheet.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot