[3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - "Where the Wind Rustles" by Libera

Started by Zeta, October 24, 2018, 01:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Where the Wind Rustles
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on October 24, 2018, 01:28:54 PMNice and simple.
I like it, easier to check ^^

- You may want to consider putting staccatos or something on the triplet notes at the beginning and other similar places.
- Is there a reason you have the RH seemingly lower and more filled out than in the original? I think keeping it higher and lighter would be more in line with the original to distract from the melody less, but up to you.
- Definitely separate the RH layers in m. 22 (the F is simply part of the lower layer there) and especially m. 27 (since the melody becomes the bottom descending part here).

That's all :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 11:52:41 AM- Definitely separate the RH layers in m. 22 (the F is simply part of the lower layer there) and especially m. 27 (since the melody becomes the bottom descending part here).
Done.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 11:52:41 AM- You may want to consider putting staccatos or something on the triplet notes at the beginning and other similar places.
- Is there a reason you have the RH seemingly lower and more filled out than in the original? I think keeping it higher and lighter would be more in line with the original to distract from the melody less, but up to you.
For the first comment, I just assumed that kind of emphasis was indicative with it being the first note of each bar.  It doesn't stand out to me as much more than that.
For the second, I'm not sure what you mean, sorry... Could you elaborate?

Latios212

Sure that's fine for the triplets if you want.

Oops, for that other thing I was referring to the RH in m. 9-12.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I guess I brought it down for texture reasons.  If it's up the octave then the right hand and left hands get really far apart and it sounds kind of strange.  Also I feel like the melody is sufficiently far away for it to stand out as is.  Regarding the harmonies I was trying to take account of the trumpet which moves into the background in this part.  I could be more exact and only put the specific harmonies its playing in but ... I'd be sacrificing uniformity of the right hand for not much gain in my opinion.  Thanks for bringing it up though, it's definitely worth thinking about these things.

(Also I forgot to add that I put in some extra dynamics at 19-20.)

Latios212

Alrighty, if you've given it sufficient thought I'm alright with it. Everything seems good to go.

All clear!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta