News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG CXI: How Do I Title This Game Without Offending Anyone

Started by davy, November 08, 2018, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

Bds is literally just spewing
And shy being so quick to follow an empty condemnation really screams wolf partners

So olimar is lock fascist and bds+shy almost certain to be the rest of the team
Easy game
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

Sweet, it worked!

I'm going to nominate BDS as chancellor. Of everyone here, he's the least likely to be Hitler, imo.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nana1Popo2

Hmm, by the sounds of things, you wouldn't imagine me to be least likely to be Hitler? or am I too quiet?
Everyone seems to be skipping over double-guessing me *shrug*
BDS might work... want to hear others' opinions..
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Olimar12345

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on December 02, 2018, 02:30:50 PMI'm going to nominate BDS as chancellor. Of everyone here, he's the least likely to be Hitler, imo.

Lol how to be a wolf 101: give power to other wolves.

I mean technically I guess I don't really care, since if you guys can speed up your victory then the game will finally end; I just think it's funny.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

TWG CXI: How Do I Title This Game Without Offending Anyone?
Spoiler
7 players

This is not quite a werewolf game, but a similar secret identity game. As such, there will be no wolfings and lynchings

1 Hitler
2 Fascists

Fascists know each other and who Hitler is. Hitler does not know who the Fascists are

4 Liberals

Rather than day and night phases, this game has a Nomination Phase (24 hours), an Election Phase (48 hours), a Legislation Phase (48 hours) and an Executive Action Phase (24 hours). Phases will end early if all actions during that phase have been executed.

There is also a deck of 17 policy cards, consisting of 6 Liberal Policies and 11 Fascist Policies, which is randomnized. Enacting a certain number of these policies is one of the win conditions in this game.

At the start of the game, a random player becomes the Presidential Candidate. It is publicly revealed who is the Presidential Candidate

Nomination Phase

At the start of the Nomination Phase (except the first one) the player following the previous Presidential Candidate on the player list becomes Presidential Candidate

During the Nomination Phase the Presidential Candidate nominates a Chancelor Candidate by bolding that player's name in the topic.

The Presidential Candidate cannot nominate himself. He can also not nominate the current President or the current Chancelor

Afterwards, the game continues to the Election phase

Election Phase

During the Election Phase, all players, including the candidates, state wether they want these candidates to be the next government, by voting yes or no. This vote can be placed either in a PM or in the topic, but at the end of the phase, everyones vote is revealed publicly. Insta's do not apply, and votes cannot be changed.

If the majority votes yes, the Presidential Candidate becomes the President and the Chancelor Candidate becomes the Chancelor. The govenments failed counter resets to 0. The game then moves on to the Legislation Phase.

If the majority votes no or if there is a tie, no new government is elected, and the government failed counter goes up by 1. If the government failed counter reaches 3, it resets to 0, the President and the Chancelor lose their titles, and the top card of the policy deck is enacted. If a Fascist Policy is enacted, no power is given to the President, and the game does not move on to the Executive Action Phase. Regardless of the current goverment failed counter, the game moves on to the Nomination Phase (Legislation Phase and Executive Action Phase are skipped).

Legislation Phase

During the Legislation Phase, neither the President nor the Chancelor are allowed to communicate with other players. This means they cannot post in the Topic (except for vetoing), cannot send PM's (except to the host) and cannot participate in the discord server .

At the start of the Legislation phase, the President is dealt the top 3 cards of the Policy deck by PM from the Host.

Within the first 24 hours of the Legislation Phase, the President discards one of these Policies face-down (by PM'ing the host).

The host then sends the remaining two policies to the Chancelor by PM.

The Chancelor then discards another one of the Policies face-down (by PM'ing the host). If the Chancelor has veto power, he may also bold in the topic: I wish to veto these policies. If the President then PM's the host saying that he agrees to the veto, both policies are discarded and no policies are enacted.

At the end of the phase, the host publicly reveals which policy wasn't discarded and that policy is enacted. If a Fascist Policy is enacted (except for the first one), the game moves on to the Executive Action Phase. Otherwise, that phase is skipped and the game moves on to the next Nomination Phase.

Executive Action Phase

During the Executive Action Phase, the President gains a power that he can use during this phase by bolding the name of the target in the topic. The kind of power depends on the number of Fascist Policies enacted.

1 Fascist Policy: Nothing
2 Fascist Policies: Seer (cannot be the player that was seered before)
3 Fascist Policies: Special Election*
4 Fascist Policies: Vigi
5 Fascist Policies: Vigi. Also, the Chancelor permanently gains veto power

*Special Election means that the President choses the next Presidential Candidate rather than it being random. This Presidential Candidate can nominate anyone but himself as Chancelor Candidate, even the President or the Chancelor. The Presidential Candidate thereafter is the player following the President that gained the Special Election power.

There are no cardflips in this game.
If at any point there are less than three cards in the policy deck, those cards are shuffled together with the discarded policies to form the new policy deck.

Win Conditions

Liberals win by enacting 5 Liberal Policies, or by killing Hitler.
Fascists and Hitler win by enacting 6 Fascist Policies or when Hitler becomes Chancelor and at least 3 Fascist Policies have been enacted.

[close]
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. Brawler4Ever Presidential Candidate
3. Olimar12345 President
4. mikey
5. Nana1Popo2
6. ShyYoshiGuy
7. BrainyLucario Chancelor

Failed Governments: 0

Liberal Policies enacted: 2
Fascist Policies enacted: 3

Policies left in deck: 12

BDS was nominated Chancelor Candidate. It's now Special Election Phase. Special Election Phase ends at latest December 5th 1:00AM PST, 2:00AM MST,  3:00AM CST, 4:00AM EST, 10:00AM CET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 02, 2018, 07:14:21 PMHmm, by the sounds of things, you wouldn't imagine me to be least likely to be Hitler? or am I too quiet?
Everyone seems to be skipping over double-guessing me *shrug*
BDS might work... want to hear others' opinions..

Let's assume that BDS IS Hitler. If BDS is Hitler and Olimar is liberal, BDS put way too much focus on himself, putting himself at 50/50 odds of being fascist with Olimar. Like BDS said, Hitler wants to lay low. BDS framing Olimar to get a fascist policy out wouldn't be worth it if somebody wanted to shoot one of them. If Olimar was fascist and BDS Hitler, then Olimar put pressure on Hitler for no reason. In either case, BDS being Hitler doesn't make much sense. So yes, BDS seems like the least likely player to be Hitler, imo.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 02, 2018, 07:54:16 PMLol how to be a wolf 101: give power to other wolves.

I've already explained my reasoning as to why I think that BDS is liberal. But sure, we're just two fascists working together. Cool.

yes
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

mikey

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on December 03, 2018, 06:11:39 AMSo yes, BDS seems like the least likely player to be Hitler, imo.
you'd better be right about this.  yes
unmotivated

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

ShyYoshiGuy

"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

davy

Since the Majority has already voted for BDS and there is no option to change votes, there's no reason to drag this game out any longer.

BDS is Hitler. Fascists win
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game