News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Tranzlater's arrangements-FINAL FANTASY VIII ZOMG

Started by Tranzlater, July 24, 2008, 10:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Taser9090

I'd like to know if you are working on Bein' Friends. I've been waiting for an awfully long time :\

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Brassman388

Hey Tranz, are you going to use that "galactic Warrior" arrangement that I Made? Im just wondering, because if not, then Im going to use it and make it a 4 hands arrangement. Is that ok? or did you want it still? Whatever you decide is cool, as long as its being used.

Also, Im checking your arrangements as i speak (finally). Do you mind if i edit them?

Taser9090

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 29, 2009, 09:06:31 PMHey Tranz, are you going to use that arrangement that I posted here? Im just wondering, because if not, then Im going to use it and make it a 4 hands arrangement. Is that ok? or did you want it still? Whatever you decide is cool, as long as its being used.

Also, Im checking your arrangements as i speak (finally). Do you mind if i edit them?
He hasn't been online for about a week... I hope he didn't leave :(

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Brassman388

Nah, he didn't leave. Its kinda hard for everyone right now, only because final exams.

Rest assured, he'll be back.

Tranzlater

This week has been hard *breaths heavily*

Yeah I am SO SO sorry about that... it will be my first priority.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

Sorry about what? You have a life, and succesfully attended to it. No need to be sorry friend.

Taser9090

You don't have to be sorry about anything, I just want to know the progress of the arrangement.

I didn't know you guys had exams these days...

blah54

your new arrangements look fine to me... but i haven't played any mother games so i'll just assume that you've been accurate in your arranging...

but in the mother 3 love theme, bars 18-20, it seems like a very distinct change in mood, because it just doesn't seem to fit with the overall feel of the arrangement before it, mainly the bass which seems almost a little unnecessary... again, i don't know what the actual song sounds like, so forgive me if it really is like that...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Brassman388

Alrighty, heres my review.

Snowman

Not bad in terms of accuracy, some your notes a incorrect. Mostly in the runs that you have. Overall, pretty good arrangemet.

Ridley's Hideout

Not a bad arrangement, you need the second layer of notes in the 16th note runs. Overall, Not a bad arrangment.

Ending Theme, Super Metroid

The arrangment can use plenty of work. The bass line in most of the song is redundant. Not all of it is the same note thoughout. There are little mistakes here and there.

Good Friends, Bad Friends.

Needs chords in various places, including the intro. Chords set the mood and feel, these are very important to the song. Overall, not a bad arrangment.

Mother 3, Love Theme

Pretty good arrangment, feels incomplete in some places. Only because there is not chords backing up those notes.

Unfounded Revenge

Not bad, but phrasing and style is an issue here. The original has a latin feel to it, therefor you need to give it that latin feel. Note accuaracy is ok, but the arrangement itself could be much, much more intense.

Thats pretty much my review, hopefully it will help you in accomplishing what you want. Happy arranging.

Brassman388

Here, this is my rendition of Snowman. It's the version from Mother 3. A bit different, but you'll get the picture.

Snowman.....http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onjo40va3at

Since it's not the same version, and I had to redo some of the parts. I claimed this one as my own, but of course, if you want it, I'll be happy to give it to you.

Tranzlater

Yes, the Mother 3 arrangement goes from quite sad to happy, and I did the original version (from right at the beggining of the game) which stops in the middle of the song. I might do the extended one soon, since that would definately be more useful.

I am working on bein friends, but when I'm not working I'm playing on the Xbox, but when I get free time for the computer I will try to squeeze in some arranging.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

alrighty, by the way, where can a find a zip of the entire soundtracks from mother 2 and 3? I really don't want to have to click on every song, just to be able to download it.

Tranzlater

Probably not for long.

Brassman388