[GBC] Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite! - "Ham-Swap" by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, November 14, 2018, 04:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Oh, I didn't realize the notation itself was the problem. It played back the way I meant it to and I'm not familiar with bends, so I  figured it was kind of an interchangeable notation. I can change that. My bad.

Olimar12345

Can't listen to it atm, but is there supposed to be a difference between the solid and wavy line glissandi? (either in sound or technique)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Libera

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 06, 2019, 06:38:37 PMCan't listen to it atm, but is there supposed to be a difference between the solid and wavy line glissandi? (either in sound or technique)

I think that's literally what Alti and Seb are discussing at the moment.

Altissimo

I think that's the point: he disagrees with Seb. Is there a difference?

Libera

I've seen glissandos notated with straight lines and wavy lines before for piano (often the staight lines come with the text 'gliss' on them) and I'd suggest sticking with just one notation throughout the sheet for consistency.  I personally always use the wavy lines because straight lines are often used to show where voices are travelling across staves.

Olimar12345

They both get the job done, but if you want the same effect both times, use the same symbol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

I'll fix it to be consistent then, I'll get on that this afternoon when I get home from work

Sebastian

Quote from: Libera on January 07, 2019, 07:32:27 AMI personally always use the wavy lines because straight lines are often used to show where voices are travelling across staves.
Exactly what I was thinking^^

All I was saying is that I've never seen the straight line glissandos in piano music.

Altissimo

Meant to post earlier but laptop was having issues. We cool with the updates?

Bespinben

Gould 140-141
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

There was just a small gap in the right hand glissando in bar 13, and I didn't want to bother you with such a small edit so I did it myself (I hope that's alright with you).

You cannot view this attachment.

Accepting!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot