News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Meridian Dance" by Static

Started by Zeta, November 12, 2018, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Secret of Mana
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Meridian Dance
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

You should hide the rests in the bottom staff for measures 1–4.

I'd definitely use written crescendo and diminuendo every time you have a hairpin that reaches across the page. You could write cresc. in measure 5 and stil have a hairpin in measure 7 if you really want to make sure the interpret goes all the way to fortissimo.

Consider putting a courtesy A natural in measure 6. (I don't think it's necessary, but if it were me, I'd add it anyway.)

The double bars are fine to indicate different sections, but I'd take out the rehearsal marks.

Is there a reason you have E>D>Bn>C for the right hand in measures 15 and 23? I'm pretty sure it's just E>D>C with the C lasting a quarter note in the original. (Just wanted to know if this was intentional or not.)

In measure 25, it's fine to hide the third layer half rest, but I think the quarter rest on beat 3 should be visible. You can move it a little downwards and to the right if you don't want to have it floating underneath the staff.

For measures 35 and 39, I think an interesting effect could be produced by having the left hand Bb alternate octaves instead of repeating at the same height. It might not be what you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

The G in measure 58 is natural.

Maybe turn the sixteenth notes in measure 72 into grace notes? They might fit neatly into measure, but they're still just an effect, and that way you could get rid of all the rests above the staff.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Static

Quote from: D3ath3657 on November 28, 2018, 01:33:53 PMYou should hide the rests in the bottom staff for measures 1–4.

I'd definitely use written crescendo and diminuendo every time you have a hairpin that reaches across the page. You could write cresc. in measure 5 and stil have a hairpin in measure 7 if you really want to make sure the interpret goes all the way to fortissimo.

Consider putting a courtesy A natural in measure 6. (I don't think it's necessary, but if it were me, I'd add it anyway.)

The double bars are fine to indicate different sections, but I'd take out the rehearsal marks.

For measures 35 and 39, I think an interesting effect could be produced by having the left hand Bb alternate octaves instead of repeating at the same height. It might not be what you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

The G in measure 58 is natural.

Maybe turn the sixteenth notes in measure 72 into grace notes? They might fit neatly into measure, but they're still just an effect, and that way you could get rid of all the rests above the staff.
Done. And yeah, I think the alternating octaves in 35 and 39 sound better since the notes are more pronounced, and they feel better to play.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on November 28, 2018, 01:33:53 PMIs there a reason you have E>D>Bn>C for the right hand in measures 15 and 23? I'm pretty sure it's just E>D>C with the C lasting a quarter note in the original. (Just wanted to know if this was intentional or not.)
I think it's hard to hear from the track itself, but if you split the channels in an emulator or something, the melody line there does dip down to the B on beat 4.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on November 28, 2018, 01:33:53 PMIn measure 25, it's fine to hide the third layer half rest, but I think the quarter rest on beat 3 should be visible. You can move it a little downwards and to the right if you don't want to have it floating underneath the staff.
I just moved the quarter note to layer 1 instead so there's less clutter.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Sorry, the way it sounds like there's no B in m15 and m23 is because two different instruments are doubling the melody line: a horn-like instrument (where only the C is played) and a woodwind-ish instrument (where the B is played, and then goes to the C).

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot