News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Forum board structure

Started by Latios212, November 28, 2018, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hi everyone,

Today we shifted around some boards in the forum to organize things in a slightly more logical manner. The main changes include:
- Moving the piano arrangements board (personal arrangement threads) into the NinSheetMusic category - the category deals with things on our main site, and this board contains arrangements that will (ideally) eventually be submitted to the main site.
- Creating a Project Archive board to keep the past projects separate from submission topics.
- Making a performance category to house the three related boards.
- Moving the gaming category to the Other (formerly Off-Topic) category - the Sony/Microsoft/PC boards were hardly being used and taking up space as "main" boards. The Nintendo board along with those three are sub-boards of the General gaming board.
- Other small adjustments.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to ask, nothing is set in stone :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

I like the separation of archives. Makes it easier to find things ^^
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

it looks really weird, but it's a good change
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

I don't know whether that has anything to do with the forum restructuring, but I'm currently unable to edit any of my older posts or quote any posts outside of this thread.

I also logged out of this forum on Firefox on my Windows 10 computer in frustration, and I currently cannot log back in. I keep receiving messages like "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

Latios212

Oops, try posting somewhere else now.

That login issue is unrelated I think, I've seen it before. Under what circumstances does it happen?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 28, 2018, 04:40:52 PMI like the separation of archives. Makes it easier to find things ^^
Yep! (Actually there seemed to be a few other miscellaneous non-submission things in the archive board that I just moved here for now...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Latios212 on November 28, 2018, 07:08:22 PMThat login issue is unrelated I think, I've seen it before. Under what circumstances does it happen?
I tried both the login slots at the top of the screen and the login link, and I kept receiving the same error message both times. I managed to log back in through Firefox on Windows 10 just now, but I had to clear my cookies and cache just before.

EDIT: Now I can quote and edit posts fine on Firefox on Windows 10.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Kellogginc1

Hey, where do we go to submit transcriptions? Sorry, i'm relatively new

Dudeman

Hi there, welcome to the forums!
If your sheet has already been formatted to comply with the Formatting Guidelines (which is required) and you're confident in its quality and playability, use the NSM Panel button just under your user info at the top of the page to submit your files. You'll need a .mus file made in Finale, and a .midi and .pdf file generated from that .mus file. If you'd like some additional critiquing first, go ahead and make a personal arrangement thread for yourself in the Piano Arrangements board and post links to your sheets there for people to see. Hopefully everything makes sense!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book