News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "Victory! (Ice Climbers)" by amc

Started by Zeta, November 30, 2018, 07:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Victory! (Ice Climbers)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Hi there, sorry about the wait.  Try to post a youtube link to the original when you make a submission (hopefully I got the right track).

With regards to the arrangement itself, I have a few comments just looking through it.

-I'm not 100% convinced on the rhythms in bars 2-3.  Particularly I think the Bb in bar 3 should come in a quaver earlier.  Also the triplets don't seem right to me, the high Db I think should be on the beat.  If you could have another look at that section, that'd be great.
-fff is a little close to the lower staff notes.  Also, maybe consider changing ff -> f and the fff -> ff.  Since we don't really have any more dynamic contrast, and it's not really that loud I don't think we need to resort to the three fs here.
-You have accents on nearly every note, so they begin to lose their value.  I'd try and place them more precisely, mix up the articulations more or use a direction instead.
-Might just be a bias of mine, but I think 2/2 would be more be more appropriate than cut time.

Latios212

Hey there! I saw you edited the files, but again we really need two-way communication here.
Quote from: Libera on January 20, 2019, 03:00:14 PMFirst things first, things only really work around here if you respond in the submissions thread to feedback that is given.  It lets the updaters know that the files have been updated, and also what your response to the feedback was.  If you could do that, we'd really appreciate it.

It looks pretty good! The eighth note beneath the trill should have an eighth rest and quarter rest following it to show that that layer ends before you flip the top layer down on beat 3. Also the URL is missing a slash / at the end.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

amc

Hello
Again I apologize for not responding. I have updated this arrangement as well.
Thank you.
Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

The LH intro is a F, not a Db.

Like this:

And move your accents away from the notes a bit. They're almost colliding.
Looks like that's a finale issue, not the sheet itself, as the PDF is fine.

fix that and I approve

Splatoon Inkling

I love your areangement! Smash bros. is such a cool series.

Latios212

Hey amc, quick reminder to please give us a heads up whenever you edit the files. This has been sitting for a couple of months and I missed that you had already made the edits!

Accepting now, anyways.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot