News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

THE Sixth NinSheetMusic Superlatives! RESULTS RELEASED

Started by E. Gadd Industries, December 02, 2018, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

E. Gadd Industries

Okay, that's changing then

YOU CAN NOMINATE MORE THAN ONE USER
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

A quick (but important) announcement:

Seeing as the Discord server is an extension of this community, you can nominate Discord-only people so long as they are active.*

*Active- Forum users on the server are generally aware of their existence because they post frequently enough
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dekkadeci

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 06, 2018, 11:16:02 AMA quick (but important) announcement:

Seeing as the Discord server is an extension of this community, you can nominate Discord-only people so long as they are active.*

*Active- Forum users on the server are generally aware of their existence because they post frequently enough
I'm sorry, but who are the Discord-only people? I'm forum-only, and I don't know who any of them are.

E. Gadd Industries

There are quite a few, but I can't list them fully. Umm... you don't have to nominate people from Discord if you don't know them. But there are people like BrambleBear and Kopikostar (I don't think they have an account) there.

EDIT: *rereads post* Perhaps it could be better worded: They don't have an account here (or if they do, they don't use it), but they are generally recognizable by NSM forum users that are also active on Discord.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

ONE WEEK REMAINS IN THE NOMINATION PHASE, AND I'VE ONLY GOTTEN LIKE 4 NOMINATION SUBMISSIONS
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

MaestroUGC

Might be worthwhile to extend it until New Year's maybe.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

E. Gadd Industries

Ima see how many submissions I get and consider from there
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I have currently received 5 nomination submissions (although I think one was only partial), and I have sent those 5 people messages either on Discord or here. If you sent me nominations and didn't receive a message, let me know.

This is the message I sent them: This is a message saying I have received your superlative(s)

Also, time is running out for you to submit! Unless of course no one else submits which will force me to extend the deadline
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I'm extending the deadline to New Year's Day, but no later than that. I want to have this finished before I go back for the spring semester (on January 8th), which means you'll get a little under a week to vote
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Libera

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Alllllrighty! On to the final phase of the superlatives: voting! Let's get this show on the road: https://goo.gl/forms/FaeX7pLMYNEOU9yo2

I made it into a form for maximum convenience! At the bottom, there are two non-superlative-related questions that will help me out immensely as the host!
For clarification for the very last question, I'm considering 2 separate deadlines, one being Sunday evening, and the other being sometime later on (probably 1-2 weeks from today). The difference between the two:
If we go with Sunday, you'll have less time to vote (but I tried to make it as easy as possible), but I can guarantee (unless something major happens irl) results within a few days following Sunday. If we go with a longer deadline, it'll close after my classes have started, which means I can't guarantee when the results will be posted.

So a quick explanation of how I decided to choose between the various nominations:
Spoiler
So I tried to keep it at 3, but only did so if there were 3 or fewer people nominated OR there were 3 people with 2+ independent nominations for that category among others with 1 nomination. In cases where more than 4 people were nominated with each only having 1 nomination, I assigned each a number value and ran a random number generator, picking the names based on the numbers shown on the RNG. If there were less than 3 people with more than one nomination for a category, those with multiple nominations were guaranteed a place in the list and the remaining people went through the RNG process.

For example, if a category has the following 10 nominations:
A B C C D B E F G H
I would select B and C for the nominees to be voted for, and then the rest would be assigned a value 1-6 (A=1, D=2, E=3, F=4, G=5, H=6). I would then set an RNG with min/max at 1 and 6, respectively. Say the RNG then displayed the values 3 and 5. E and G would then be added to the nomination list, resulting in B, C, E, and G being in competition for voting.

For a second example, say we have:
A B C C D B E A A B
Then only A, B, and C would be placed on the nomination list.

Hopefully, this all makes sense; it was complicated to explain from my viewpoint ._.
[close]

Deadline to vote is either 1/6/19 or 1/9/19 for the time being. (Same time of day, 11:59 PM EST)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Whoever nominated me for most talented: thank you??? I feel bad but I actually did not submit any nominations. I'm never on discord so I don't really know a lot of the active people.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Okie, I dont quite have as many votes as I'd like to end things early, so to make a definitive, compromised deadline:
You have until tomorrow, 1/7/19, at 8:30 PM EST to vote.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]