THE Sixth NinSheetMusic Superlatives! RESULTS RELEASED

Started by E. Gadd Industries, December 02, 2018, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 02, 2019, 10:40:06 PMWhoever nominated me for most talented: thank you??? I feel bad but I actually did not submit any nominations. I'm never on discord so I don't really know a lot of the active people.
:)
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I decided the best way to do this is to release the results in waves. So this is Wave 1 of 3. I can't really give a definitive date for the other 2 waves, but they're coming at some point! My goal is to have everything finished by the weekend!

WARNING: BEFORE WE BEGIN, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE RESULTS WILL BE FULL OF SELF-DEPRECATING HUMOR. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE USING SELF-DEPRECATING HUMOR, IT IS ADVISED THAT YOU GO ELSEWHERE. YOU SHOULD BE ADVISED: I AM PERFECTLY CONTENT WITH WHO I AM AS A PERSON AND ANY STATEMENTS MADE IN THE FOLLOWING POST THAT WOULD CAUSE YOU TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. THANK YOU.

**Also, I will be making this semi-funny bc the average on the poll was around a 7. So pls dont get offended kthx.

What a season! This was quite the entertaining round of superlatives, although that's probably just because I'm hosting it~

*ahem*

I'd like to give a special shoutout to Phil Swift and his amazing, show-stopping line of Flex products™ for sponsoring these superlatives! Only Phil Swift could saw this boat in half AND help me manage this event at the same time! THAT'S A LOTTA DAMAGE RESPONSIBILITY!!
Anyway, 19 of you cast your votes in for this most exciting of traditions in NinSheetMusic history! Okay okay okay, I'll cut to the chase, put the tomatoes down! Oh, and please hold your applause for the very end!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!

<Crickets>
I'll take it!

THE RESULTS

Friendliest
In second place, we have...
Drum Roll Attempt 2? <more crickets>
Hero of Trains! Only she could disappear from the forums and still have a legacy built around her ability to make others smile!
And for first?
Should I even try again?
E. Gadd Industries!
Wait, really? ...huh. I'd like to think I'm more of a... "meh" on the friendly scale, but whatevs. THANK YOU REGARDLESS!! Note to self: Dial it back on the facade, things are starting to backfire.
*ahem* What? I didn't say anything. Moving on!
[close]
[close]

Scariest
For our runner-up:
Nope, I've learned my lesson.
Olimar12345!
What's scarier than a spaceman humanoid being followed around by little plant things, you ask? "Whoever got first place"
Oh, right, a spaceman humanoid being followed around by little plants things AND teaches kids how to play music! Just slowly back away, and don't make eye contact...
Moving on to first!!
Yup, I'm done trying to get a solid drum roll out of all of you!
MaestroUGC!
._. Do you know that feeling when you want to make a joke but you're too afraid of the person to even say it?
No? Same here. Maestro's pretty spooky and isn't afraid to wield that banhammer if he needs to! ...okay fine I'll leave it there. Eep!
[close]
[close]

Calmest
In second place we have...
Just kidding! <insert drum roll sound effect here>
Deku Trombonist!
What a chill person to have on the forums! I wonder if being the one of the Code Monkeys has anything to do with that... I'd imagine it's a good patience builder
And in first place, we have...
Wait, this is Calmest, let's just be calm about it, no drum rolls!
Static!
Only a person named after a concept that revolves around not moving could be considered the calmest on the forums! It's only fitting! Static is super easy-going and isn't troubled when chaos is brought to the peaceful land of NinSheetMusic!
[close]
[close]

Cutest
For the secondary place:
I'm just trying to make a bunch of different wordings for the same phrase
Oh? What's this?
It's a tie for second place between Cacabish and Nebbles!
Whoa! I haven't really interacted that much with Cacabish (sorry about that), but if they can tie with Nebbles and her legendary bathroom wall paintings, then that's saying something!
[close]
And now on to first place!
Guess whomst?
Whaaaat? Again??
There's yet another tie for first place! This time being between ShyYoshiGuy and Bubbles! There's just something about a person named Bubbles and a person with Shy in their name that automatically makes them cute! The secret, then, to ultimate cuteness? The name ShyBubbles. It's the ultimate plan.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Strongest
For that place which is deserving of being adorned with silver Okay, I'll stop
It's...
A tie between Maelstrom and BrambleBear!
Hmmm... what happens when an unbearably powerful force of nature meets giant watery vortex of succ? Apparently a stalemate! The more you know™!
And in first...
Put your hands together for- Wait! Don't! I said hold your applause!
braix!
Only someone fit (ha) to win first place would make a thread on the forums titled "The NSM Hot Bod Project: Geeks Working Out" and then proceed to make semi-regular updates in it! You inspire me to not break my New Year's Resolution stay fit! Now if only I could just find the time to do so...
[close]
[close]

Frivolousest
In second place...
It's unbelievable! How could it be?
It's a tie between InsigTurtle and mikey! Between the two of them, it's never a dull moment with an abundance of extraneous verbosity! Quite frivolous indeed!
First place goes to...
Care to make any bets? No?
ShyYoshiGuy!
Frivolous (adj.)- characterized by lack of seriousness or sense
Hmmm... Makes sense to me! If there's one thing Shy often says, it's something along the lines of "Sometimes the stuff I say makes no sense"
It's almost as if he was asking for this superlative! ;)
[close]
[close]

Longest
Oh, how old NSM jokes never die
Bubbles!
Ever-famous for the quote "BOW TO THE LONGEST CHILD!"
Enough said. Moving on!
And first place?
Coupdeimpressionism
I mean, would you just look at that name? What length! 19 letters and it isn't just a jumble of letters! "Well, technically written language is all just a jumble of letters, in themselves just being symbols representing sounds..."

Special shoutout to sipan1234, who started the Longest NSM Joke ;)
[close]
[close]

The Most A+
In this category, we have...
In second place...
A tie between Mashi and InsigTurtle! Between Mashi's mastery of TWG analysis and Insig's observations surrounding organic chemistry, I'd say we have quite the brainpower on NSM, both past and present! (Even though Mashi hasn't really been gone all that long, right? Right?
...anyway
In first place...
Yet another tie between Yug_Guy and mastersuperfan!
Who could ever forget Yug's Discord seminars on phonetics? Or msf's musical skill in Guess That Melody combined with his ability to hold his own in TWG? It's all such brain! Many thinking! Okay I'll stop being like this.
[close]
[close]

Biggest Fanboy/girl/person
Yes, I'm just jumping right in with this one
Second place is Maelstrom!
Who knows the extent of his Fire Emblem knowledge? Or creepy pfps? It knows no bounds, and it isn't hard for anyone to see this! <insert generic Fire Emblem quote here, because I'm not familiar with the franchise, honestly>
First place is...
BrainyLucario!
Brainy has changed his name and pfp on Discord so many times that people are just starting to accept that Brainy will be Brainy one day and Susie the next! Oh, just me? Okay then...
Also, let's not forget his (in?)famous Undertale phase! What a time to be around, with all his puns flying across the threads of the forums!
[close]
[close]

Biggest Hipster
In second place,
We interrupt this programming to bring you breaking news!
A tie between LeviR.star and Dudeman!
A hipster is defined as a person who is trendy, stylish, or progressive in an unconventional way.
Congratz on your unconventional trendiness in the eyes of the NSMer public! Anyone can be unconventional (I do that all the time!), but it takes a true hipster to embrace this while being stylish at the same time!
But in first place...
Actually, that breaking news just ended like three seconds ago, so back to your regularly-scheduled programming
Yug_Guy!
The other definition of a hipster, although more antiquated, is an admirer of jazz. Ima just leave that there~
[close]
[close]

Most European
In second place:
Warning! Metric system approaching!
Before I say the results, yes, I am aware that Europe isn't the only place that uses the metric system.
Moving on! Second place is AmpharosAndy!
Gud jeb bruv innit
Which means first place must be...
Libera!
"What's all this talk of quavers and crochets? What, the note in the centre of the fourth bar?" Libera is quite the European and has become quite the favourite around the updaters! Green is a good colour for them, too! (Talking about the Updater pin thing)
[close]
[close]

Most American
For second place!
SuperFireKirby!
More like Super-Fired-Up about politics amirite? Eh... that's bad... sorry about that "Wait, this isn't Most Canadian" On to first place!
<insert something funny here>
Yug_Guy!
Congratz on Most American! ...but I want to focus more on the fact that Yug actually got votes in all four regional superlatives: Most European, Most American (duh), Most Australian, and Most Canadian. So uh... more than Most American, congratz on being Mr. Worldwide!
[close]
[close]

Most Australian Nonexistent
You know I had to
In second place, we have Deku Trombonist! Despite the fact that Australia itself doesn't exist, Deku is a pretty good representation of idealized Australian culture whatever that means! But in first place, we have...
Don't even try to act surprised that I'm doing this
WaluigiTime64!
If Australia did exist, we all know Waluigi would be the best at hanging on for dear life, trying not to fall off the Earth. But since things are the way they are, congratz on being the best at nonexistence!
[close]
[close]

Most Canadian
Second place, eh?
Shadoninja takes second place! Sorry about that...
And first?
The REAL Justin Trudeau of NSM
InsigTurtle! Insig is the most hockey-loving, maple syrup-guzzling private cross country-skier we know and love! Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure he actually does none of that.
[close]
[close]

Most Likely to Succeed
I'm actually not sure what to put here
In second place, we have daj! What a guy! A talented musician who's brave enough to tackle law school! He's gonna go far, I just know it!
And in first...
It's...!
A tie between Olimar12345 and Latios212!
Between Olimar's college experience and schoolteacher career and Latios' current success and work ethic in keeping NSM alive and running, there's a lot of potential here to be shared between these two! But just don't run away and leave NSM behind! The same goes for you, daj!
[close]
[close]

Most Likely to be a Closet Anime Fan
I would make some common anime phrases, but idk what any of them mean, so instead...
In second place, we have BrainyLucario!
I mean, he's already NSM's Biggest Fanboy! It's only another step in that direction, right? Right? Plus, Steven Universe is a pretty good anime from what I've heard.
But in first place, we have
I'm just going to explain why I don't want to use those phrases!
MaestroUGC
C'mon Maestro! We all know that when you aren't being all scary and such around the forums, you're settling in to watch an episode or three of Cory in the House, checking over your shoulder every once in a while! No reason to hide it at this point, we have you figured out!
[close]
[close]

Most Likely to Not Actually Exist
Wait, I thought I already did this one?
Eh, whatever
In second place, we have WaluigiTime64! Okay, I seriously thought he got first in this one when I made the post for this superlative just a small bit ago? Meh. This just further reinforces my point.
And for first place?
Zeta!
Alright, updaters, time for you to come clean: there's no way that a robot is doing all that work; there's actually a person behind the scenes uploading all those sheets, isn't there??
[close]
[close]

Most Likely to Actually be a Ghost
Ooooooooo
Oooooooo
In second place, we have a tie between Nebbles and BrainyLucario!
That would explain Nebbles' Napstablook phase. And now that you mention it, Cosmog could be passed off as a ghost Hmmm... and Brainy? I mean, he straight-up vanished there for the entirety of the fall semester, even more so than most people! It's a conspiracy! *X-files theme plays.
Oooooooo
In first place, we have Bespinben!
He's vanished and no one has seen him in quite a while... but as legend has it, if you're out alone on a silent, cloudless night with a full moon, you can hear whispers of musical meme references coming from... who knows where? I think we all do.
[close]
[close]

Best Vocabulary
*E. Gadd Industries freaks out for a moment, thinking he's forgotten to post in his Word of the Day thread.
Spoiler
In second place, we have MaestroUGC!
It's no secret that Maestro's lexicon is rather developed, as his posting habits would seem to indicate.
And in first place...
E. Gadd Industries!
I'm a Kentuckian, I can't read words bigger than 6 letters, not to mention tryin' to define 'em! Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
Okay, let's throw that stereotype out the window now, blech! 3 years and 6 days ago, I started my Word of the Day thread, and while it's had some bumps in the road and eventually became a game, it's still going fairly strong today!
[close]
[close]

Best Artist
But what is "art?"
In second place, we have braix and all their many drawings displayed in their art thread, AND all the drawings the people who participated in the NSM Postcard Exchange received from them! (That E. Gadd was really cool ^^)
Is it something tangible? A feeling? Something you can eat?
In first place, we have Onionleaf!
I believe their art thread is titled "Onion can draw (I think?)." If it isn't evident, people here agree that they can most definitely draw! *Casually glances at their signature with the "My Art" button
[close]
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 09, 2019, 02:06:17 PMThe secret, then, to ultimate cuteness? The name ShyBubbles. It's the ultimate plan.
is this shipping
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ShyYoshiGuy

"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

MaestroUGC

I'm not winning enough Superlatives so far, if I don't get any more I'm going to ban you, E Gadd.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Libera

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 10, 2019, 10:56:01 AMI'm not winning enough Superlatives so far, if I don't get any more I'm going to ban you, E Gadd.

Calling it now, next wave Maestro "wins" every single category, even the ones he wasn't nominated for.

Maelstrom

mikey

I guess I am actually pretty frivolous
hard pass on ShyBubbles as a ship name
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

NSM's Strongest for the third year in a row? Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I guess that 150kg deadlift ended up being worth something after all >;o
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Ideally 2 and 3, I'm actually going to start work on them immediately after I post WotD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

WAVE 2 IS NOW HERE!!
I think this has approx. 12 more, so I have 19 left. I figured I should just go ahead and post what I have to show I'm doing things.

Best Arranger
I'm baaaaack!
In second place, we have Olimar12345!
Olimar has proven his skill at arranging time and again! He's also recently made a website to house all of his many arrangements! It's very clear that he knows what he's doing in this sacred art!
And I'm better than ever! (I think...)
In first place: Latios212!
Despite becoming admin, still working with the updaters, and everything else life's thrown at him, Latios still manages to arrange high quality rips sheets for the community to enjoy!
[close]
[close]

Best Composer
And in second place...
Olimar12345!
His composing prowess has been exhibited many times through his big band pieces and his successful arrangement contest entries! Having participated in the last two contests as a judge, I can agree that he's pretty skilled in this other sacred art!
And in first place...
WaluigiTime64!
Waluigi's composition thread is super well-maintained, and the comments people have there generally seem to indicate that he is indeed the best composer!
[close]
[close]

Best Musician
For our second place
We have Olimar12345!
He knows how to play that deluxe slide whistle like no one else can! What more could I say? He's also experienced in this other other sacred art!
First place?
daj!
A pianist with the skill to play at all kinds of levels, showing beginners the best way to play pieces that fit their abilities, and showing off his own skills on his very prosperous YouTube channel!
[close]
[close]

Best Peacekeeper
Keepin' things super chill, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
2nd place!
There's a tie between Deku Trombonist and Latios212!
Both of these staff members try their hardest to keep the peace around here, and given the pretty chill environment lately, I'd say it's working! I can change that, ofc
1st place
Dudeman!
Be it through his sheer sarcasm, his all-around likable personality, or his ability to ban people on the spot, Dudeman manages to keep the forums and Discord pretty free of hostilities and other non-peace things! Again, I can change that muahaha
[close]
[close]

Cutest Friends
Would you participate in a drum roll now?
braix and InsigTurtle!
These two are the power duo of the staff! Braix and Insig are both funny on their own, but combined... oh no... their powers are unstoppable!
And in first place!
(more crickets) Welp...
BrainyLucario and E. Gadd Industries!
Hmmm... I guess knowing each other irl really does impact our internet-based interactions. Hey, Brainy! Guess what! We won an award!
[close]
[close]

Best Updater
Ooooo the staff awards!
I guess things never change, eh?
In second place, we have Maelstrom!
Maelstrom is clearly skilled, and he's served his position well as Updater! He's got quite the patience for dealing with my sheets from time to time, I know that!
And in first place...
Perhaps I'll never get a good drum roll from you...
It's a tie between Latios212 and Libera!
Latios has definitely proven his ability in juggling both the administrator position AND the ever-busy position of an updater! He's probably also Zeta since it's been established that probably doesn't exist. And Libera started talking less than a year ago on the forums, and yet they are an integral part of the updater staff, having posted a decent portion of the updates recently. Their involvement on the forums is super helpful, and they're always willing to explain things further to people who don't understand!
[close]
[close]

Best Moderator
More staff awards!
Or maybe I will!
In second place, we have braix!
Braix keeps things pretty calm on the forums and around the server, and we all know that that's a pretty tough job these days ;)
But I don't think I want to try again for a little bit
And in first place, we have Dudeman!
Dudeman's been able to prevent actively hostile situations from growing out-of-control, and because of him (and the efforts of the rest of the staff), NinSheetMusic has been fairly quiet!
[close]
[close]
PSA: you should thank the staff for keeping things running because I'd imagine it isn't the easiest thing to do.
(Thanks, all of you!)

Most Missed NSM Member
But enough gratitude, back to the awards!
In second place...
Bespinben!
Ben still hangs around some on the Discord, but he hasn't lately been on the forums... with the exception of a few times he's appeared to leave feedback on sheets. Ben! Please grace NinSheetMusic with your presence once again! ;w;
Er, anyway...
First place!
Nebbles!
It's been over a year since she was last seen on the forums... her presence was always welcomed wherever she posted, and people generally enjoyed hearing what she had to contribute to a conversation!
...wait, that sounds like I'm reading a eulogy. But she also got second place for Most Likely to be a Ghost, so that... counts...? Maybe?
[close]
[close]

Most Likely to be Lurking
Spoiler
Dude!
I'll just let this quote from his last post do all the talking:
Quote from: Dude on November 02, 2018, 08:07:44 AMFelt like poking around for today.

It's not like I miss you guys or anything, b-baka
;P
Spoiler
And in first place, it's a tie between Th3Gavst3r and Winter!
Given Th3Gavst3r's recent activity in the Guides section, I'd say it's pretty likely! Also some stalking revealed that he was active on 1/19/19, but that's nothing pertinent to this Also, Winter's posting in response to the winter-themed update seems pretty telling that they're still there, lurking in the shadows, waiting for yet another chance to strike with a cool pun about W/winter!
[close]
[close]

Most Helpful
*awkward silence*
In second place, we have Sebastian!
Sebastian is always willing to lend a hand, especially to greenhorn arrangers (like me when I joined almost 4 years ago!), unless he's disappeared off the face of Planet Internet due to his crazy schedule! (Wait, where have I heard this before?)
*silence, but somehow more awkward*
In first place, we have Libera!
In addition to being the best updater in the eyes of the community, Libera is considered the most helpful, and rightly so! Libera is always willing to clarify anything someone doesn't understand and is fully invested in helping people grow as arrangers!
[close]
[close]

Most Improved
*somehow less-awkward silence*
In second place, we have LeviR.star!
Levi's come a pretty far way from when he first joined the forums! This is especially considering the number of arrangements he has available for comparison ;)
*the silence has returned to a normal, healthy level of awkwardness*
In first place, we have ThatHiddenCharacter!
His compositions have improved muchly from when he first started posting them on the forums, and the same can be said for his arranging skills! Keep up the great work!
[close]
[close]

Most Sarcastic
Oh great, my favorite award...
*Somehow, the silence has disappeared, but the awkwardness remains*
In second place, we have a tie between MaestroUGC and Yug_Guy!
Both of these people continually grace the NinSheetMusic community with their crafty sarcasm, something that isn't easy to do on Planet Internet!
Where did the silence go? This is kinda awkward...
In first place, we have yet another tie (great...) between Dude and Dudeman!
It must be something about having "dude" somewhere in your username. Or making up your entire name. If I change my name to E. Dude Industries, will I become more sarcastic as well?
[close]
[close]
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

I'm always flattered to win these awards, even though I don't even try to win them. I AM THE BIGGEST FANBOY THOUGH AND WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE. Also yeah! We did win an award E. Gadd!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.