News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS

Started by Latios212, December 06, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

To celebrate the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and its collection of countless pieces of music bundled with it, we've put together an update consisting of sheets from all throughout Smash history, from the original game to today's release! There's a lot of stuff in here, from stage themes to victory themes to menu themes to even a few of the main themes :P

Happy playing! (And see you all on the battlefield.)

[N64] Super Smash Bros.
"Character Select" (Replacement) by LeviR.star
"Dream Land" (Replacement) by Latios212
"Peach's Castle" by Static
"Saffron City" (Replacement) by Latios212

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee
"Big Blue" (Replacement) by Zeila
"Capt. Falcon's Victory" by Zeila
"Corneria" (Replacement) by Bespinben
"DK's Victory" (Replacement) by Zeila
"Final Destination" (Replacement) by Bespinben
"Fire Emblem Team Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Fox's Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Ice Climbers' Victory" by Yug Guy
"Kirby's Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Mario's Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Mother" (Replacement) by Zeila & Latios212
"Mr. Game & Watch's Victory" by Zeila
"Opening" (Replacement) by Bespinben
"Pokémon Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Samus's Victory" (Replacement) by Zeila
"Targets!" (Replacement) by Th3Gavst3r
"Temple" (Replacement) by Bespinben
"Tournament 1" by Th3Gavst3r
"Yoshi's Island" by Th3Gavst3r
"Yoshi's Victory" (Edit replacement) by Zeila
"Zelda Team Victory" (Replacement) by Zeila

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
"Gritzy Desert" by Static
"Home-Run Contest" (Replacement) by Latios212
"Mario Circuit" by Static
"Online Practice Stage" (Replacement) by Th3Gavst3r
"Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme" (Replacement) by Tobbeh99

[MUL] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
"Famicom Medley" by Yug Guy
"Namco Arcade '80s Retro Medley 1" by Yug Guy

[SWITCH] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
"Classic Mode: Defeat" by Th3Gavst3r
"Gang-Plank Galleon" by Yug Guy
"Main Theme (Piano)" by Latios212 & Th3Gavst3r

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

I wasn't aware there was a way to bypass both peer review and the two active submissions per person limit. That seems neat; I want in.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this update! And to those who didn't...

...I'll see you on the Battlefield.

Khunjund

Huh, guess that means I'm going to have to force myself to like the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl soundtracks if I want to get anything uploaded soon.

LeviR.star

I didn't contribute much (and what I did contribute needed some work) but I love what you guys managed to bring to this update! Thanks for all of your hard work!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

PlayfulPiano

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 06, 2018, 08:27:55 PMHuh, guess that means I'm going to have to force myself to like the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl soundtracks if I want to get anything uploaded soon.
If you've checked out the Smash Bros. Update thread, you'd have learned that you still don't get to bypass peer review.

Libera

Khunjund

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 06, 2018, 11:16:01 PMIf you've checked out the Smash Bros. Update thread, you'd have learned that you still don't get to bypass peer review.

Indeed, that's my mistake. However, the fact that people are allowed to ignore the submission limit is enough to vex me.

LeviR.star

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 07, 2018, 05:33:03 AMHowever, the fact that people are allowed to ignore the submission limit is enough to vex me.

Try to acknowledge the fact that some people end up waiting a lot longer than you. I believe Miyamoto once said:

Quote from: MiyamotoA delayed sheet is eventually good, but a rushed sheet is forever bad.

Not everyone has all day to check sheets. The updaters will appreciate it if you're a little more patient.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Awesome work, guys!

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 07, 2018, 05:33:03 AMHowever, the fact that people are allowed to ignore the submission limit is enough to vex me.
We're all on an equal playing field here. You have just as much opportunity as the next guy.

I've worked on projects that I haven't chosen, and arranged for projects that weren't my favorite. The important thing is getting quality content on site no matter who arranges it.

Khunjund

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 07, 2018, 06:34:14 AMTry to acknowledge the fact that some people end up waiting a lot longer than you.

Funny you should mention that sheet, because, as of today, I have an active submission that's been on the forums for 48 days longer than that.

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 07, 2018, 06:34:14 AMNot everyone has all day to check sheets. The updaters will appreciate it if you're a little more patient.

I understand that. However, it's clear to me that, whatever the time is available to everyone is, it's not being allocated very fairly among submitters. Now, I do expect some disparity, but what bewilders me is the level of disparity that exists. For example (I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation), since my second submission on March 20, 2017, I've kept both of my submission slots full at all times. I counted 16 regular, nonthematic updates to the site since that date, for a potential of 32 submissions. Now, I doubt I would have been able to submit quite that many sheets; I'd expect this number to be around 15–20. But that's not how many of my submissions have been accepted. So far, I've managed to have six of my sheets uploaded to the site. One the other hand, if we take Latios (again, for example; I'm confident he's not the only one with numbers like this), I've counted 72 sheets that were accepted since the very same date (March 20, 2017), excluding collaborative works, of which 37 were from "special" updates, and 35 were from regular updates. I understand that not all of these sheets are very complex, but then again, the same could be said for several of my submissions, and it's not like I'm making it hard for anyone—my writing is sound, my formatting adheres to the site rules, and I generally reply to any comments within a few days at most. Again, I'm prepared to see some disparity, but not this much of it.

Quote from: Sebastian on December 07, 2018, 07:06:33 AMI've worked on projects that I haven't chosen, and arranged for projects that weren't my favorite. The important thing is getting quality content on site no matter who arranges it.

I admire your determination, but since I'm neither a member of the staff or getting paid, I shouldn't have to work on a project I dislike out of a sense of responsibility towards the site, and this shouldn't be my only option for getting sheets accepted in a timely manner. I agree that uploading quality content should be a priority, but I do believe the "no matter who arranges it" clause isn't being respected: rather, it seems to me like it's been replaced by "if the arranger is a staff member, or if it's part of a project initiative that befits the staff members".