[3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - "The Voice That Calls You" by Libera

Started by Zeta, December 11, 2018, 06:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

m45-55 RH - I'm hearing an octave harmony here

Quote from: Sebastian on January 05, 2019, 02:01:16 PMLooks good. Just one suggestion: I would recommend slurring the grace notes to the next note. I've read in multiple sources that it's a good idea to clearly mark those.
I'd still like this .-.

fix and I approve. At least my feedback

Libera

Khunjund

Unslurred grace notes in the Henle Verlag edition of Schumann's Papillons, op. 2, no. 11

[close]
In a section to be played without pedal, no less.

I've seen other editions that do slur these notes, but I say, if Libera doesn't want to include slurs in his sheet, he should be allowed to keep it that way.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Maelstrom

Zeta

Sebastian

I'd just like to respond to this quickly (nothing to do with the sheet).

Quote from: D3ath3657 on January 09, 2019, 05:19:42 PM
Unslurred grace notes in the Henle Verlag edition of Schumann's Papillons, op. 2, no. 11

[close]
In a section to be played without pedal, no less.
Those are not necessarily grace notes. Those are Appoggiaturas. They are notes written smaller, but are more melodically and rhythmically important. In other words, these notes have a note-value.
Written as:

Executed as:

The Acciaccaturas, on the other hand, are small notes with a line through them. These are commonly referred to as grace notes. There are more like ornaments and are not usually given a note-value.

For more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornament_(music)#Appoggiatura

Anyway, most of the time, I only recommend Acciaccaturas to have slurs. This is probably why the example you've given doesn't have slurs.