[Player Sign-Ups] TWG CXII: The NSMTWG Holiday Special

Started by mikey, December 11, 2018, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Hopefully we can nab everyone after finals finish up.

1. Santa Claus (Sleigh Driver)- each night, targets two players. If these players do not share a color, their actions from that night will be redirected to each other.
2. Mall Santa (Wolf seer)- each night, targets a player. Is told that player's color.
3. Santa's Elf- a vanilla wolf.
4. Mall Cop (One-shot vigilante)- once per game, during a night phase, may target a player. That player dies at the end of that night phase.
5. Michael Jackson (Seer)- once each night, may target a player. Is told the color of that player.
6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
7. Buddy the Elf- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
8. Olive, the Other Reindeer- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
9. Joseph the Carpenter- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
10. Judas Maccabeus- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
11. The Grinch- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
12. Ebenezer Scrooge- once each night, may spin the dreidel.
13. The Bumble- once each night, may spin the dreidel.

The Dreidel
Each night, all vanilla humans get to play dreidel.  Each side of the dreidel- Nun, Gimel, Hey, and Peh-  have a 25% chance of occurring.
Nun- Nothing happens.
Gimel- The player gains a one-shot role seering.
Hey- The player gains a one-shot color seering.
Peh- The player loses all seering powers they've gained so far.
The Dreidel powers cannot be used until the kinara is fully lit.

The Kinara
At the beginning of the game and each additional phase afterwards, a candle on the kinara will be lit.  Once all seven candles are lit, the dreidel powers become useable at any time.  Additionally, the wolf team gains powers.
Special Delivery- Santa Claus can deliver a bomb to any player, killing them and obliterating any chances of a cardflip.
Segue- The Mall Santa's seering power turns into a Role Seer.
Call Me Elf One More Time- Santa's Elf gains a roleblock power. (Once each night, may target a player.  That player's actions fail and they are notified of the roleblock.)

game notes
I went over this with sunfan and due to the nature of dreidel spinning it simply can't be "balanced" as the game is inherently swingy.  That said, it should be fair.  Game starts on a night phase, ootc is on, cardflips are on.  Humans have unique roles but are just told they're human.
[close]

Players:
1. ShyYoshiGuy
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. Nana1Popo2
unmotivated

ShyYoshiGuy

"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

BlackDragonSlayer

so this is why they call him a fascist twc

Don't forget to change the title. In.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Olimar12345

Lame, no host sign ups or even options for the next game?

also, a 13 player game? that's ambitious af
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2018, 06:07:56 PMLame, no host sign ups or even options for the next game?

also, a 13 player game? that's ambitious af

I mean, it would've been interesting to see your note game there. I bet Noc'll get more people to play through recruiting on Discord.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Olimar12345

I wasn't referring to that game (which I probably wouldn't have brought back anyway), we just usually get to vote on a game before it gets a sign up.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2018, 07:48:13 PMI wasn't referring to that game (which I probably wouldn't have brought back anyway), we just usually get to vote on a game before it gets a sign up.

Oh, you weren't? Well, ok nevermind. But anyways, yeah, we generally vote.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

So this game obviously won't fill. Can we create a normal host signup now, so that we can get some smaller games to choose from? It'd be nice to get started soon before those of us in school have to go back...

BlackDragonSlayer

honestly when noc said he was going to post the game i thought he meant host sign ups

not this
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

I've got a two week break coming up and I'd like it if we could get a game going sooner rather than later. I was hoping to avoid wasting next week on signups...

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

As of three hours ago I'm hosting this game on ffr instead, if you'd like to play it be sure you're familiar with ffr's site rules and make an account ahead of time to avoid issues.
Host sign ups are a go.
unmotivated