News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog - "Star Light Zone" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, December 11, 2018, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Star Light Zone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Khunjund

I suggest having a quarter rest followed by a half rest in the anacrusis, instead of a dotted half rest. Dotted rests are pretty atypical in 4/4 time.

I don't have a problem with having layer 2 above layer 1, but in measure 3, it's the D that should be off-centre to the right, not the E-G dyad (beat 3).

The D flat in measure 3 should be a C sharp.

The left hand on the last beat of meaures 9–11 and 13–14 has tenth intervals, which are too large (especially at this tempo). I recommend raising the first note of the bottom layer by an octave, thus having it coincide with the bottom note of the top layer. Either that, or remove the first sixteenth of the top layer at each of these instances.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 11:04:14 AMI suggest having a quarter rest followed by a half rest in the anacrusis, instead of a dotted half rest. Dotted rests are pretty atypical in 4/4 time.

I don't have a problem with having layer 2 above layer 1, but in measure 3, it's the D that should be off-centre to the right, not the E-G dyad (beat 3).

The left hand on the last beat of meaures 9–11 and 13–14 has tenth intervals, which are too large (especially at this tempo). I recommend raising the first note of the bottom layer by an octave, thus having it coincide with the bottom note of the top layer. Either that, or remove the first sixteenth of the top layer at each of these instances.
Fixed.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 11:04:14 AMThe D flat in measure 3 should be a C sharp.
It's a descending baseline though. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a Db?

Also changed http to https like my other submission.

The Deku Trombonist

Does the LH from measure 9 onward need to be in 2 layers the whole time? What if you condensed it a little?

There are a couple of ways you could do it, here's one example:
Spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

I've checked this sheet previously. After my comments below are addressed, I approve.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on January 02, 2019, 07:02:40 PMIt's a descending baseline though. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a Db?
Iirc, this was a C# when I checked the sheet? Also, I agree it's C#.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 02, 2019, 07:48:30 PMDoes the LH from measure 9 onward need to be in 2 layers the whole time? What if you condensed it a little?

Spoiler
[close]
I agree^

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Sebastian on January 04, 2019, 02:20:46 PMI've checked this sheet previously. After my comments below are addressed, I approve.
idk what it was before. Fixed.

Quote from: Sebastian on January 04, 2019, 02:20:46 PM
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 02, 2019, 07:48:30 PMDoes the LH from measure 9 onward need to be in 2 layers the whole time? What if you condensed it a little?

Spoiler
[close]
I agree^
Fixed.

Latios212

Looks pretty good! Just a few small things:
- You can combine the LH layers for the first part of m. 7 like the previous couple measures.
- If you're using C# in m. 3 the courtesy natural in m. 4 should be on the C, not the D.
- I don't think the 3rd/4th repeat markings are necessary.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on January 05, 2019, 01:11:02 PMLooks pretty good! Just a few small things:
- You can combine the LH layers for the first part of m. 7 like the previous couple measures.
- If you're using C# in m. 3 the courtesy natural in m. 4 should be on the C, not the D.
- I don't think the 3rd/4th repeat markings are necessary.
Fixed.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot