News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "The Manta Storm" (Replacement) by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, January 05, 2019, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: The Manta Storm
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: E. Gadd Industries

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

So there's been a slight change in plans, I decided it'd be better to focus on replacing this than submitting another new sheet. The one currently on-site was very hastily put together by a highly inexperienced E. Gadd Industries, and now that I've listened to the actual original, I realize that the current on-site sheet has some parts out of order. So uh... yeah. This one is accurate.

Here is the original: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejtlarsit9yjmep/48.%20The%20Manta%20Storm.mp3?dl=1
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Libera

This one looks a bit easier than Event! (to check that is, but probably to arrange also :P)

-I'm hearing the bass at the end of bar 13 as two semiquavers D and then the octave below D (rather than just a quaver D).  Like the same motion of the bass in bar 10.
-Not sure about the D in the second triplet in the first bar.  I think it might be a C instead, but not 100% certain.  Also I'd remove the lower octave in the RH here since it's so fast.
-First note of the right hand in bar 3: a F# rather than a Bb?  Once again, not 100% certain as it's really hard to make out.
-Since I assume we don't want pedal in bar 15 you should cut the semibreve in the right hand short (or just omit it).
-The repeats as it stands is a little confusing and I think there's a nicer way to write it.  Just have a standard repeat section from bar 5 to bar 18 with a D.S. second time marking at the end of bar 18.  Then stick the sign at bar 3.  This would cut bars 19-20 out of the sheet entirely.

Good work!

E. Gadd Industries

Alrighty, I've updated the files as needed. Now, some notes:

Quote from: Libera on January 12, 2019, 01:05:03 PM-I'm hearing the bass at the end of bar 13 as two semiquavers D and then the octave below D (rather than just a quaver D).  Like the same motion of the bass in bar 10. I think I got this?
-Not sure about the D in the second triplet in the first bar.  I think it might be a C instead, but not 100% certain.  Also I'd remove the lower octave in the RH here since it's so fast. Addressed over Discord
-First note of the right hand in bar 3: a F# rather than a Bb?  Once again, not 100% certain as it's really hard to make out. I listened to the original as well, and I firmly believe that is a Bb there
-Since I assume we don't want pedal in bar 15 you should cut the semibreve in the right hand short (or just omit it). Okie, I shortened it and moved it to the first voice
-The repeats as it stands is a little confusing and I think there's a nicer way to write it.  Just have a standard repeat section from bar 5 to bar 18 with a D.S. second time marking at the end of bar 18.  Then stick the sign at bar 3.  This would cut bars 19-20 out of the sheet entirely. I think I did this as intended? Not entirely sure, but the repeats here are weird regardless. That said, playback doesn't exactly seem to want to cooperate for the last repeat, but that's more a YouTube issue than a NinSheetMusic issue.

Good work! Thanks, and thanks for reviewing!

EDIT: I also noticed I'd originally misspelled Koji Kondo's name wrong, so now it doesn't do that.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Yeah you're right about the notes in bar 3, it's Bb En Bb as you wrote it.  The rest looks good.  Here's some more stuff:

-At the moment the first system looks very spread out, and to alleviate that I'm suggesting a different sheet layout:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
(I can't really take credit for this, Latios came up with it haha.)  It also means the whole sheet fits nicely onto one page.
-Flip the RH notes in the first bar downwards as they should be normally.
-Fix the rhythm groupings of the notes in the right hand of bars 4 and 15 to show all of the beats.  (You do this because you're using semiquaver rhythms.)
-Perhaps add a double barline at the sign?

I think that's it.

Edit: Here's a file with everything except the double barline.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gcz91i730y9gbc/48._The_Manta_Storm.musx?dl=1

E. Gadd Industries

I updated the files, including the double barline. Also, a staff resize, nice.

EDIT: Right as I closed out the sheet, I noticed the URL was missing an s in https, so I added that in and updated accordingly
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Libera

Static

Some things:
  • m3 RH: Is there a reason why you decided to use 32nds instead of a downward-rolled chord?
  • m8 LH Beat 4.5: There should be 2 16th notes here (2nd space C and then the C an octave below that).
  • m9, 11, 16 Beat 4.5: Make these 8th notes staccato.
  • m13 LH Beat 4: The D should be a C#.
  • m16 LH: You can make the 8th-tie-quarter into a dotted quarter if you want to, since it's done later in the measure.
  • The pickup measure shouldn't be part of the measure count. (All of the feedback above is using the current measure numbers.)

Edit: I went ahead and replaced the files with these changes (and some additional articulations in m7).

Static

I apologize for the double-post, but with these changes (which have been reviewed by Latios and Libera), this sheet is now approved by me.

Zeta