Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Finally reviewing a Touhou arrangement; it had to happen eventually.

-I like the opening two bars; it's cute. :P
-I see you put the fast thing in and it looks accurate so niiice. Not sure who will be able to play it though...
-There are harmonies with the melody in bars 27-28 (generally a sixth below, but sometimes not).  I don't think it'd be very hard to play them alongside the melody since it's not that fast.  Then again, they might get in the way of the bass in places so ... see what you think.
-Once again harmonies in the right hand for bars 39 to the end, but I guess this melody is more agile so they might be difficult to play.  If you were going to add them in, I think they're more noticeable bar 47 onwards and it might help to differentiate the sections more.
-I guess not simplifying the bass in the last section would massively amp up the difficulty of the piece so I agree with you to simplify it here.
-http to https.

That's it, I think.

Maelstrom

Title fixed, as well as the https. However, I can't hear those harmonies for the life of me. Due to that and the overlap, I don't feel good adding them in.

Libera

Khunjund

Notes and stuff seem fine to me, so good job regarding that.

I'd prefer if the composer was credited as Jun'ya Ōta, however.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: D3ath3657 on January 14, 2019, 02:27:20 PMI'd prefer if the composer was credited as Jun'ya Ōta, however.
In some cases, this would make sense, but there's probably a reason why ZUN refers to himself as "ZUN" in credits for all Touhou Project content (games, print works, etc.), as well as why almost all arrangements/remixes, artworks, fangames, and other assorted Touhou fanworks refer to him as such.

Every other sheet on-site refers to him as "ZUN" anyway so... yeah. I see where you're coming from, but sometimes composers/creators prefer to use a different name.

(as a side example, you could compare it to how we refer to Toby Fox as "Toby "Radiation" Fox")
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Khunjund

As far as I can tell, it was entirely your decision to use Toby Fox's nickname; he doesn't seem to use it to refer to himself on social media or on his site, etc. In any case, I also disagree with this choice—I think it looks very unprofessional. However, I didn't speak up about it because a) I had very little confidence that people would listen to me, and b) I really don't care about Undertale or Deltarune.

In this case, I still have very little confidence that people will listen to me, but I do care somewhat about Tōhō, so I thought I'd at least give my opinion. From what I can tell after doing a bit of research, Jun'ya Ōta doesn't seem to have any aversion to his own name, and he listed it in a few Tōhō games, as well as other projects; rather, it appears to me he uses ZUN out of simple habit. If you want, however, I'm willing to send him an e-mail asking him which one he'd prefer.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Not quite sure myself about crediting Toby Fox, but when in doubt we should just default to whatever's listed in the game credits. Anyway, crediting ZUN is perfectly acceptable here.

Feel free to discuss composer names in another topic; that's a bit out of scope of the current submission which I'm accepting now.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot