News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

'Tis Marching Season

Started by Gooch, July 27, 2008, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koopiana Jones

My first week of band camp is officially over and thank goodness for that. I march for BHS, a single-A school, and our band is pitifully small. Last year, our color guard nearly outnumbered the band! But this year,we got a bunch of new people. We're doing a CSI show this year and it's going to be kickin'! Our director, Mr. C., is, without a doubt, the tallest and strangest man in our entire school district. We got free pizza today so that's cool, but I think that was just compensation for the 100 degree weather we've had. i can't wait 'til next week when we get to paint our school bus and wreck it into other vehicles at the County Fair.
'Stupid is as stupid does.'  I wonder what that means...

Davey

Day 5 done.
We preformed for the parents today. what a fucking trainwreck. Shit went down. People moved during holds. Babies swung from the goal posts. It was terrible.

Petpetfood

Day 2 was good, we practiced our MJ dance, which I failed at, and I was officially assigned to play the tenor drum and cymbals. Day 3 begins in just 3 hours for me....Yes I got on a good schedule on sleeping now...

Davey

Our band made it into state finals even though our second score for our MCBA competition went down 6 points from the last one. (Due to wind and mud on the fields, but the score isn't the point) Really exciting. I'm going to enjoy playing in a hueg stadium.

Petpetfood

Ok.... After a few months of marching, it turns out to be extremely fun. We've learned so many cadences, and playing at football games is fun also. Too bad our football team sucks, the score was like 58-0 last game, pretty sad. But marching season is almost over, and then there will be small events in later months. If you wanna see one of our games, look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFuUtlMXUk