News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Link's Awakening Remake

Started by cashwarrior1, February 13, 2019, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

A lot of people are saying that they don't like the art style, but I adore it! Also, if the entire soundtrack is a bunch of small ensembles, I'm going to cry, I love it. I hope they release toy figurines like this, it'd be so cute!

BlackDragonSlayer

I like the art style, personally, but I don't like it for a Zelda game. It just feels kind of "off" somehow.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Neutral on the art style, I'm not sure what anyone else was expecting from a Game Boy remake. I do wish that we were getting a new game or a better Zelda game remade, but as it is this will be fun to play through on Switch.

It is INTENSELY obvious that it started as a 3DS game, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

I think they went for that art style because of the fact that it's a dream. I think once we see more of it, it'll look better. Also, I'm pretty sure they're still working on the next zelda game, this is just something to fill in the gap.

Olimar12345

This has got to be one of my favorite Zelda games, so I am stoked that it's getting the HD treatment for newer generations to experience. ^^
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bobbythekid21

I've never played it but I've heard about it. It looks awesome in the video. I can't wait to get a switch.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

mikey

I hope this does well because if it does there may be more remakes lined up in the future
Like Oracle games or og Zelda or minish cap
unmotivated

Dudeman

If we get remakes of the Oracle games I might die of hype
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

This is a really solid Zelda game and I'd recommend it to any new Zelda fans. One of my friends said she's only ever played Twilight Princess (and is now getting into botw), and apparently she doesn't like puzzles where she gets stuck on them. Hopefully if she gets this one, she'll have a better time lol.

Maelstrom

I'm curious what they will change, if they change anything at all. Tbh I'm not really a fan of the style of music they went for, but I'm really digging the art style.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 15, 2019, 08:16:03 PMTbh I'm not really a fan of the style of music they went for
:O BUT THINK OF HOW TAL TAL HEIGHTS WILL SOUND!

Olimar12345

I'm just reeeeally hoping they stay faithful to the music. Ballad of the windfish has an infamously missed rhythm among the less musically inclined, and I would absolutely hate to see them alter the original music to fit what some of the fans mistakingly hear.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Wolf

I just like the fact that they remade a GAMEBOY game. Although it loses its "Exclusiveness", it's a great way for new generation kids to try out a classic masterpiece. The art style is fine for me, and I hope the music is better!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 15, 2019, 08:16:03 PMI'm curious what they will change, if they change anything at all. Tbh I'm not really a fan of the style of music they went for, but I'm really digging the art style.
they will change a decent amount
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: Wolf on February 16, 2019, 08:19:06 AMand I hope the music is better!

I don't think we should think of the new remixes as "better". Maybe "creative", "clever", or "does the original justice" would be more fitting?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements