[MUL] Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Main Theme

Started by rabidgoodra27, February 15, 2019, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidgoodra27

Completed by Th3Gavst3r

I've had this stuck in my head for, like, two months now, and I can't seem to pick it out. 
My Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/its-me-again-margaret

Dekkadeci

That sounds identical to the main theme of plain old Shovel Knight (or Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope if you want to get more semantic).

There used to be a link to the .nsf of the full Shovel Knight OST going around on YouTube videos, but the link I found went dead at least some months ago. I have a copy of the .nsf, though, and I recommend transcribing from the .nsf with the help of NSFImport (and YouTube at 50% speed because you may as well) if you want a crack at this. To my knowledge, the .nsf contains a 100% accurate copy of the full music, and it can be transcribed from into sheet music if you're good enough. Make sure your transcription can be played by a human (or two), though.

If you're lazier, though, Jester Musician has an account on this website, and his/her transcription of the Shovel Knight main theme is in https://musescore.com/jestermusician/shovelknight_maintheme.

Feel free to transcribe your own version, though: sometimes, the Jester Musician version sounds a bit empty to me, anyway.

rabidgoodra27

It is the same thing, actually, except I was just mentioning it because it is the same across all games.  As for the .nsf, I think that it's on the Bandcamp page for the OST (although I don't remember if you have to buy the OST to get it)

As for JesterMusician's sheets, I'd have to agree.  While often easier to play than the ones on this site, they sometimes seem a bit...  "empty", as you put it.

I do think I'll try that, as I want to get some experience arranging sheets.

Galactic

I almost thought the Main Theme was on this site at one point, I think I even printed out some sheet music... Maybe I got Jester's version.

Th3Gavst3r

I arranged this song and put it up for submission a long time ago, but we never finished polishing it up for the main site. It's still on my arrangement thread though. I'd definitely say mine also suffers from the emptiness thing. There's so much going on in Shovel Knight music that anything without constant flourishes sounds lame :(

[MUL] Shovel Knight

Main Theme

rabidgoodra27

So true.  With Shovel Knight's Music, it doesn't sound right with only two parts.