News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Which new Nintendo game are you more excited for?

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 18, 2019, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which new game are you more excited for?

Super Mario Maker 2
1 (14.3%)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
2 (28.6%)
I don't really care for any of them.
0 (0%)
All of them! I can't decide.
3 (42.9%)
Pokemon Sword and Sheild.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 28, 2019, 08:56:46 AM

Bobbythekid21

I'm just curious to see what people are more excited to play when they come out.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

SlowPokemon

I'm probably more excited for Link's Awakening, for these reasons:

1. I have Link's Awakening DX on 3DS, played it for like five hours and got stuck and fell out of it, but really enjoyed it up to then. Just like how I loved A Link Between Worlds but couldn't get far in A Link to the Past, I'm betting an updated remake on a handheld will help me get into it more.

2. I...did not really like Super Mario Maker. I didn't have fun with the level maker and playing courses was more frustrating than fun when separated from a level progression scheme of a main game. I feel in a way like you need to be a kid to fully enjoy this game and let your creativity fly. There's a solid chance I won't pick up this sequel.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Splatoon Inkling

I don't care for zelda, I've always been a Mario fan. They have made about a zillion improvements from the first Mario maker.

mikey

I love mario maker but to really go crazy on it I feel like would be too big of a time sink
I too have gotten trapped in Link's Awakening, near endgame (Catfish's Maw, I think) and think the remaster would let me experience the WHOLE story more easily
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

agreed. As someone who has beaten the original link's awakening twice and never played mario maker, it's shouldn't really be hard to guess which one I'm more excited for.

cashwarrior1

I love creating things, but I never got to enjoy mario maker, so I'm not sure I'll get full enjoyment out of the sequel (though I will enjoy watching Game Grumps play it). I've played and beaten Link's Awakening DX, and I gotta say, that game is one of the best, most solid zelda games. I most certainly got stuck in it a couple times, but it was never long enough to the point where I wanted to quit the game. Mario Maker will probably make me quit often because people make stupid and unfair levels.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on February 19, 2019, 05:59:39 PMMario Maker will probably make me quit often because people make stupid and unfair levels.
They're not stupid and unfair, they're called troll levels. And if you don't like them you can skip them. Either that or your just playing super expert and didn't realize it...
Spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 20, 2019, 05:11:34 AMThey're not stupid and unfair, they're called troll levels. And if you don't like them you can skip them. Either that or your just playing super expert and didn't realize it...
But do you understand that it is possible to make a troll level that's not stupid and unfair? And not even that, many people create normal levels that are also difficult for the sake of being difficult. I believe that a good level eases the player into it and develops as the level goes on. also I never played mario maker, I'm just basing this off of what I've seen on youtube.

mikey

The problem with the Mario maker levels is there's usually no way to tell beforehand whether things like invisible blocks exist and that's just frustrating.  There's an enormous lack of sensibly designed levels on the original Mario maker because they usually don't get upvoted enough to stay up
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Yeah. I mean tbh I don't even like SMB: Lost Levels and the online levels are like that x100 so idk
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on February 20, 2019, 05:36:49 AMBut do you understand that it is possible to make a troll level that's not stupid and unfair? And not even that, many people create normal levels that are also difficult for the sake of being difficult. I believe that a good level eases the player into it and develops as the level goes on. also I never played mario maker, I'm just basing this off of what I've seen on youtube.
Ok, well some people like troll levels.

Just like how some people like getting rickrolled.

Spoiler
'Cuz I can prove anything with random internet memez
[close]

And some people even like it when their computer literally "barks" at them due to parental controls.
Don't ask, it's a long...
read more
Spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

See, you gave a good example of a good troll. I was able to see the troll coming and I had the option to activate it or avoid it. I chose not to open the link. That's how troll levels should be :P

Splatoon Inkling

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 20, 2019, 06:47:25 PMI should have suspected the link, but I didn't, and fell for it...
I was really hoping that it would work. I'm irrationally happy about this rn.
Edit: I forgot to mention one thing:
A troll level is only a "good" troll level if it says that it's a troll in the name.
Spoiler
[close]