[DELETED] [MUL] Night in the Woods - "Rainy Day (Two Pianos)" by BrainyLucario & PKBT

Started by Zeta, February 18, 2019, 10:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Night in the Woods
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Rainy Day
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arrangers: BrainyLucario & PKBT

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

For measures 9 and similar, you need to split up the dotted quarter note in the left hand to a quarter tied to an eighth in order to show beat 3. Also avoid using dotted half rests in measures; use a quarter + half rest instead.

The top voice in m. 65 through end is flipped upwards unnecessarily for the most part.

You can also improve the writing in the parts where you have two layers - right now there's a bunch of overlap and stems facing the wrong way.

There are also some other things you may want to reconsider, like the really long pedal line - you can replace that with a simple "con pedale"/"senza pedale" when needed.

A few parts look like they can be better optimized for two people as well - for example in m. 65 and similar the second layer can be moved to the other piano and Piano 1 could play both the current voices with one hand.

Hopefully this gives you enough to think about/work on for now before we come and check notes.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

I'm not used to two piano arrangements so the feedback is much appreciated. I'll work on fixing it

Also, should the dotted half notes be changed as well?

also also. I don't think either PKBT or me can do the pedal change edit, as we do not have the full version of Finale

Latios212

Sorry for not responding to this - dotted half notes are fine.

Don't worry about the pedaling yet (although it looks like it's just one long line?) - take care of the distribution of the parts first and we can get the pedal notation during the final cleanup, although I think a simple "con pedale" or similar note should suffice since a line extending through the entire sheet doesn't seem too helpful.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Right. Monday should be perfect for doing this, sorry it took so long to finally get ahold of my life lol. I appreciate it not being deleted

Latios212

Aside from the couple things I mentioned above, this is going to take some considerable work due to its length and complexity (not saying that it's bad, just that there's a lot to go over). If you guys aren't readily available to make changes, I would suggest shelving this for another time when you are more free.

Given how long this has been open, I'll probably archive it within the next week unless you signify otherwise.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Archiving as per the above. Feel free to resubmit when you're ready to make changes, and ping me if you need help with something.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle